Texas Fishing Forum

mickey mouse fishing !

Posted By: kevine80

mickey mouse fishing ! - 06/01/17 01:39 AM

gonna be in orlando at the end of june ( working )
would like to get in a guided bass trip --------any suggestions are welcome !
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: mickey mouse fishing ! - 06/01/17 01:42 AM

Balloon fishing with big shiners on Okeechobee!

Re: mickey mouse fishing ! - 06/01/17 01:50 AM

nah done that ---maybe lake toho ?
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: mickey mouse fishing ! - 06/01/17 12:12 PM

Capt. Tony Summers 321-363-6550

He is a good a good guy and will work very hard for you! I enjoyed my trip with him and learned a lot!
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: mickey mouse fishing ! - 06/01/17 12:31 PM

Take one day and go to Bienville Plantation, they've got about 25 reclaimed phosphate pits that they converted to some of the most awesome bass fisheries you will ever set your eyes on and they are loaded. Plus the food is like a 5 star restaurant.
Posted By: skeeteroneal

Re: mickey mouse fishing ! - 06/01/17 01:33 PM

We are going in a week with the kids. Before we do Disney we are going a little further south and I am doing a offshore kayak trip for sailfish and the next day surprising the kids with a 1/2 day canal trip for peacock, largemouth, and clown knife fish.
Posted By: Tritan Bass

Re: mickey mouse fishing ! - 06/01/17 02:12 PM

St. Johns River. I fished Toho and the guide took us to his shiner spot and we sat there for hours.

Re: mickey mouse fishing ! - 06/01/17 07:27 PM

that plantation place looks cool but is quite a drive from orlando looking for something close --have a sunday available and have to fly home from orlando late evening --approx 10 pm
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: mickey mouse fishing ! - 06/01/17 07:54 PM

Kissimmee chain is 30 min or so from down town Orlando as I remember. They are a bunch of lakes connected by a canal system. I went with Tony on a trip in the fall and was very specific that I did not want to shiner fish. You have to tell them what you are looking to do up front, he seemed happy to get to fish normal for a day instead of the shiner routine. I am not associated in any way with him and he would not know me from Adam I just had a good day and kept his number in case I am ever back down there again. It is a beautiful place, I saw bald eagles, deer, alligators, etc.. all day long it was a great experience.

BTW going 60 plus MPH in very shallow water right through areas that look like they are solid but are matted vegetation is kind of exciting! Pucker factor goes up a little when it looks like you are about to run aground but you are really just mowing a spot to fish later in the week.

Re: mickey mouse fishing ! - 07/07/17 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Bass Buster1
Capt. Tony Summers 321-363-6550

He is a good a good guy and will work very hard for you! I enjoyed my trip with him and learned a lot!

went out with him last sunday --
thanks for the advice
he did work hard and was a good guy --i enjoyed it very much !
Posted By: 5Redman8

Re: mickey mouse fishing ! - 07/07/17 09:33 AM

If you haven't done it....snook fishing on the Indian river is a blast!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum