Texas Fishing Forum

Spray attractant

Posted By: SwampyMarsh

Spray attractant - 05/31/17 04:14 PM

Anyone actually have luck or use spray attractant religiously?
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Spray attractant - 05/31/17 04:49 PM

Under certain conditions, I use BANG Garlic attractant. I do believe it helps fish kinda hone in on it and hold on a little bit longer. It definitely doesn't hurt to use it if you ask me.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Spray attractant - 05/31/17 04:51 PM

I use KickNbass a lot on my jigs Java and Garlic are my favorite
Posted By: NTXBankFishing

Re: Spray attractant - 05/31/17 05:05 PM

Ill use the bang every now and then if I remember to.. I can't say if it really makes a difference or not.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Spray attractant - 05/31/17 05:44 PM

Yes. Makes a big difference; but there are a few things it has to be.
- Pure extract
- Natural is better, as in their food chain.
- Works best if there is enough on the bait that it will leave a trail in the water.
- Above all it mask the human odor.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Spray attractant - 05/31/17 06:11 PM

I use bang sometimes when punching as it helps lubricate the bait and it will slip in a hole in the mat a little easier. I could probably use WD-40 with the same results though, as it's almost exclusively a reaction bite.
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Spray attractant - 05/31/17 06:19 PM

I use JJ's Magic but always dip the night/day before & rebag. Keeps away the carpet accidents. Big fan of the clear.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Spray attractant - 05/31/17 07:44 PM

I use it sometimes and some days I don't. I really can't say that I've noticed a difference. Some of the soft baits smell like plastic really noticable but the fish never seem to mind
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Spray attractant - 05/31/17 07:54 PM

Several tournaments ago, I was getting bites right and left, but the fish were just hitting the bait and not hanging on. One thump and they were through. I bought some of Donald Harpers juices and use them religiously now. I placed 1rst in the 1rst I used it, because they hung on. Broke 2 big ones off using it the 2nd time in the brush or I probably would have won the 2nd T. Next T is this Friday night and will report back in the Freshwater Reports section. I AM a BIG believer in it now, since they hang on and don't let go as they were the first T before I bought it. The fish would not hang onto any soft plastic, worms, craws, lizards, creature baits no matter what color. Now, they hang on to the bait. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: Basser1OH

Re: Spray attractant - 05/31/17 11:35 PM

I have used many good scents over the years including Smelly Jelly, JJ's (really strong garlic), Bang, PowerBait and they all work for a while but need constant re-application. The one product that actually soaks in to plastic baits is Jack's Juice. I spray my baits in their original package the night before a tournament and they hold the scent as long as the bait holds up. I find it especially effective on Senkos. But that's just me.
Posted By: milkfisher

Re: Spray attractant - 06/01/17 12:41 AM

Shameless plug....I was flipping a bed fish for about 10 minutes a few weeks back. She would stay in the bed with the bait, but not bite. I doped my craw worm with a little of Donald Harpers craw scent and she hammered it first pitch. I'm a believer.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum