Texas Fishing Forum

Pines Guide Recommendation

Posted By: TwoLakes

Pines Guide Recommendation - 05/31/17 05:06 AM

Who have you used on Pines that knows the lake REALLY well and does a good job? I would like to book a trip soon to figure out some deep spots to fish over the summer.

I was chatting with a guy last year through PM and was planning to book him this year, but it looks like someone (mods maybe) cleaned out my PM box and deleted a bunch of messages.

Thanks.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Pines Guide Recommendation - 05/31/17 11:57 AM

Jesse Adams is really good but I'm not sure he still guides.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Pines Guide Recommendation - 05/31/17 01:48 PM

Margraves

Re: Pines Guide Recommendation - 05/31/17 03:05 PM

Justin Margraves?? Isn't he a guide on Lake Fork??

If so, this brings up a question I have about hiring guides in general: Wouldn't it be better to hire a guide that focuses on one lake so that guide has the best chance to stay on the fish patterns?

For this trip, I'm really not interested in running the banks throwing moving baits. I'm wanting to concentrate on off shore structure fishing and will chat with the guide about that before I book.

Re: Pines Guide Recommendation - 05/31/17 03:35 PM

Here is Jessie's FB page

https://www.facebook.com/jesse.r.adams.1/about?lst=100000152447231%3A1780394054%3A1496244821

He was very knowledgeable of the lake and had the latest in Humminbird electronics. We caught them good off several deepwater spots that day. It was a couple years ago but the same time of year.

Re: Pines Guide Recommendation - 05/31/17 03:38 PM

Justin Margraves is good too but I didn't know he guided on LOP.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Pines Guide Recommendation - 05/31/17 04:24 PM

Try Bret McClendon. He lives on Pines. Good guy and a good stick too!

http://bretmclendon.fish/

Re: Pines Guide Recommendation - 05/31/17 05:24 PM

Thanks Ken. Jessie's FB page is only shared with friends and it looks like he doesn't have a website any longer. Someone may come along with his contact info.

It's surprising there are not more guides on Pines. I see Bret Mclendon mentioned and I'll get in contact with him. Thanks for that.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum