Texas Fishing Forum

Ned Rig/Spot Removers

Posted By: Kisndismis

Ned Rig/Spot Removers - 05/25/17 12:56 PM

I cant find ned rig mushroom heads at local store or the little zman baits ( ordering some). I have used these spot remover heads recently in trying to imitate and they do work. Just wonder what the difference is. IF you throw these like jacks ( showing my age) they almost all stand up which is what I thought the ned was trying to accomplish. And I am using pocket rockets that were torn wacky fishing ( dont throw them in the lake guys, recycle!), they wiggle good
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Ned Rig/Spot Removers - 05/25/17 01:00 PM

Spot removers are designed to stand up and they do an awesome job for crawbugs or shakey head.
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Ned Rig/Spot Removers - 05/25/17 01:19 PM

I think the spot removers are fine. I'm trying hard not to overthink things anymore.
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Ned Rig/Spot Removers - 05/25/17 01:29 PM

I agree Coach. I skip over so many " I was using a 7 ft ABC 123 model rod, 20 lb braid tied onto a 10lb leader, with a 7:1 gear ratio, hand tuned curado that is custom painted black"

I kept reading about this technique and just could not tell the difference in them, but if you have a bait that is named after a productive rig, you can charge $3 more for it than anything similar to it.

Although $4.99 per 5 pack, these are damn good with real sharp hooks.
Posted By: JohnButte

Re: Ned Rig/Spot Removers - 05/25/17 05:04 PM

I've used a bunch of different jigs with ned rig, depends on what you want to do. If you want it to stand up from bottom as you bounce or drag it back, spot remover is a great choice. If you are more into swimming it back, a more bullet head shaped jig is a better choice. Play around with both presentations, one or the other will almost always work and the fish will let you know pretty quickly which it is.
Posted By: Marooned

Re: Ned Rig/Spot Removers - 05/26/17 05:31 PM

Before I ever heard of a Ned rig, I was having a lot of success with what I just considered a finesse rig: 1/8 oz. Owner jig head, 4" Yum Dinger, 30 lb. braid with 12 lb. copolymer leader, spinning gear. The Yum Dinger in green pumpkin with a chartreuse tail gets bit!
Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Re: Ned Rig/Spot Removers - 05/26/17 05:46 PM

Hard to beat a small Gene Larew craw on a spot remover.
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Ned Rig/Spot Removers - 05/26/17 05:56 PM

In my opinion 90% of ned rig style jig heads are junk. They have a long 90 degree line tie that takes up half of the hook gap so when you set the hook it just lodges against the bass mouth on the inside and the actual hook never sets into the fish.
Posted By: bellamy72

Re: Ned Rig/Spot Removers - 05/29/17 07:31 PM

Dicks has them .
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Ned Rig/Spot Removers - 05/31/17 03:12 AM

See my signature
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum