Texas Fishing Forum

AnglR

Posted By: BigBassB

AnglR - 05/22/17 08:01 PM

Anyone use the Anglr tracking device?

I heard an interesting interview with one of the creators the other day and thought the automated log book was very cool. Analysis of the parameters over time could really give you a great view of developing trends and conditional patterns that are normally overlooked.

Just curious if anyone uses it, their thoughts, and if you feel it will become widely used.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Anglr - 05/22/17 09:04 PM

What is it, something you tag a fish with and watch movements?

Re: Anglr - 05/23/17 01:58 AM

It's basically a fit bit for fishing. Automatically logs # of casts, when you catch a fish paired with location, weather and water conditions. Concept seems pretty cool especially being able to spot trends over time. Just wondering about the real world results vs the concept
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Anglr - 05/23/17 10:52 AM

I don't see how that would make you a better fisherman.

Re: Anglr - 05/23/17 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
I don't see how that would make you a better fisherman.

Being able to see trends in catch rates around different weather, water, timing conditions sounds like some information I would like to have but to each their own.

I'm surprised no one here has tried it.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Anglr - 05/23/17 01:30 PM

Hit up jpurdue. He's already done it and will share all his findings with you in his book. Not the fitbit, but logging all the info, comparing, contrasting and correlating when applicable.

https://www.lunkerlore.com/books

Re: Anglr - 05/23/17 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Hit up jpurdue. He's already done it and will share all his findings with you in his book. Not the fitbit, but logging all the info, comparing, contrasting and correlating when applicable.

https://www.lunkerlore.com/books

I've read that book and it has some really good information. I'm kind of an analytical guy, so it really hits me when I can see actual data and not just hearsay. Thanks for the recommendation.

This AnglR device would tailor everything to personal experience, which I would think could only help enhance your knowledge. Especially at a specific lake.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Anglr - 05/23/17 03:45 PM

I agree.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum