Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek Ramp on Whitney

Posted By: tx2va07

Cedar Creek Ramp on Whitney - 05/21/17 01:24 AM

Anyone know what happened out there this evening? Sheriff and fire dept had the ramp shut down and they had a boat in the water.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Cedar Creek Ramp on Whitney - 05/21/17 01:28 AM

Two people drowned
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Cedar Creek Ramp on Whitney - 05/21/17 02:12 AM

Wow, that sucks to hear.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Cedar Creek Ramp on Whitney - 05/21/17 02:39 AM

yes two people drowned. A kid and her father. The dive team was waiting to go in. They had 4 boats using sonar looking for them. When I left at 5 they had not found them yet. Very sad deal.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Cedar Creek Ramp on Whitney - 05/21/17 02:52 AM

I believe one of the couples in our club pulled up just as they went under. they tried to help but it was to late. Sad deal prayers to the family.
Neither one could swim from what I was told.
It worries me when I see kids at the lake with out life jackets on.
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Cedar Creek Ramp on Whitney - 05/21/17 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: SKEETER_MAN_225
I believe one of the couples in our club pulled up just as they went under. they tried to help but it was to late. Sad deal prayers to the family.
Neither one could swim from what I was told.
It worries me when I see kids at the lake with out life jackets on.

For the life of me I'll never understand how someone who can't swim says, "I think I'll go get in the lake today (without a life vest)..." much less ALSO let their CHILD who can't swim get in the water. So terribly sad and avoidable if that is the case.
Posted By: chevy2011

Re: Cedar Creek Ramp on Whitney - 05/22/17 04:53 PM

I won't take a person on my boat or in the water who is the age required to have a life vest on, no matter if they tell me it's ok, I know how to swim. These drownings each year can be avoided, with alittle common sense.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Cedar Creek Ramp on Whitney - 05/22/17 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: chevy2011
I won't take a person on my boat or in the water who is the age required to have a life vest on, no matter if they tell me it's ok, I know how to swim. These drownings each year can be avoided, with alittle common sense.

If more folks had common sense, we would have nothing to talk about on the TFF.
Always hate to hear about this kind of stuff when there are children involved.
Posted By: JMac-D

Re: Cedar Creek Ramp on Whitney - 05/22/17 06:30 PM

I saw them yesterday idling/graphing the area, I stayed back. I did see some other boats fishing to close to them, I felt like that was a little disrespectful. Especially since there was a crowd of people on the bank, I'm assuming family.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Cedar Creek Ramp on Whitney - 05/22/17 06:40 PM

did they ever find them? forget I found. They found them a foot apart from each other. Very sad..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum