Texas Fishing Forum

Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G?

Posted By: texasAUtiger

Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/18/17 03:04 PM

I've always been a blue mirror guy but I've read those might not be the best for inshore fishing (bass!).

What's your experience been? Any recommendations for lens color for best performance on TX lakes?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/18/17 03:09 PM

Green Mirror best all around. Silver mirror is best for sight fishing, until they come out with the Sunrise Silver Mirror in glass. Blue mirror is meant for bright days on blue water.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/18/17 03:09 PM

I like Green lenses.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/18/17 03:37 PM

I have always been a blue lens guy for everyday fishing. But I got some of them Corbinas Silver lens for sight fishing and Holy cow what a difference.
Posted By: Classic Fiberglass

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/18/17 03:45 PM

We carry almost every model in every lens color but I like the Copper Silver mirror lens myself.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/18/17 04:10 PM

I prefer copper or amber for all around and green for bright, sunny days.

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/18/17 04:14 PM

When I say Green mirror, I'm talking over the copper lens. Green mirror outside/copper inside to be specific.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/18/17 04:52 PM

Isn't green mirror and copper pretty much the same?
Posted By: T Gutierrez

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/18/17 08:56 PM

I'm wanting to try the yellow lenses out. I have yet to find a store that has them. All I know is Costa sent me a e-mail saying it was the new low light lens color but I have yet to find a pair.
Anyone know anything out there?
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/18/17 09:16 PM

Green for fishing blue for driving.
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/18/17 11:22 PM

Yes, Green Mirror is a Copper based, Blue Mirror is Gray based
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
Isn't green mirror and copper pretty much the same?

Posted By: BassMajician

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/19/17 01:48 PM

I would go with green for lakes, ponds, rivers, streams.

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/19/17 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: T Gutierrez
I'm wanting to try the yellow lenses out. I have yet to find a store that has them. All I know is Costa sent me a e-mail saying it was the new low light lens color but I have yet to find a pair.

Tony, you're talking about Costa's new Sunrise Silver Mirror lens. They're badarse. I got mine from Classic Fiberglass in the black Corbina frame. They're presently available in 6 frames (I think) and are poly-carbonate lenses. Not available in glass, yet.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/19/17 02:04 PM

Costa's- I have the green mirror and also the silver mirror(Glass). I use the green mirror 99.9% of the time but sometimes early morning the silver is better. And I have the amber lens(plastic) for cloudy days where green is just too dark. Rarely use gray(also plastic) for fishing but driving/sports is Ok.

the new sunrise silver mirror has really intrigued me and I can see myself owning a pair as soon as they put it out in the Glass lens!!

I have blue mirror(plastic) from another company and honestly it just seems like a better "gray" but too bright for me and I go back to the green all the time.

so long story short lol buy the Greens(Glass!!) and you will be more than happy!! only other thing I recommend is buying the frame that matches your face "best". I used to use Fathoms which were good but allowed way too much ambient light in so went to Blackfins and love em!!
Posted By: Kens3313

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/19/17 03:32 PM

I have the green mirror and I feel like it's not dark enough on a bright sunny day, but maybe it's just me
Posted By: T Gutierrez

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/22/17 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

Tony, you're talking about Costa's new Sunrise Silver Mirror lens. They're badarse. I got mine from Classic Fiberglass in the black Corbina frame. They're presently available in 6 frames (I think) and are poly-carbonate lenses. Not available in glass, yet.

Thanks Fouzman!
Now I got to get ahold of Chris or Kernan.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/23/17 05:52 AM

Mine are amber and im dign them
Posted By: KyleW

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 05/30/17 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

Thanks Fouzman!
Now I got to get ahold of Chris or Kernan.

Talking about this color?
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 06/13/17 04:32 PM

Do the green mirror lenses work well with driving also? I'd like to get one pair of 580G's that handle both inshore fishing and driving well (if possible).
Posted By: NTXR

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 06/13/17 06:26 PM

Yes, I wear my green mirror 580Gs on the water and while driving. They work great for both.
Posted By: Fisher421

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 06/14/17 01:24 AM

Green 580G no question.
Posted By: KCBro

Re: Lens color recommendation for Costa 580G? - 06/14/17 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: NTX RAIDER
Yes, I wear my green mirror 580Gs on the water and while driving. They work great for both.

+1
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum