Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Palestine

Posted By: coal hauler

Lake Palestine - 05/14/17 11:06 PM

I have never been on the lake is it safe for me to run from the villages boat ramp to saline bay??
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lake Palestine - 05/14/17 11:31 PM

If you've never been on the lake, no! If you look at some maps, there is an unmarked'lane' or route that will get you there safely. But there are trees on n both sides of that lane. For the most part, it is a straight line from the point at villages to the point before re the bridge, then a bit of a left turn to the bridge running on the inside of "to KD lake Palestine. Under the bridegroom run that same line until you hit the mouth of Saline and take a left. Do some searching, there is a map on here that helps some.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Lake Palestine - 05/15/17 02:56 AM

eeks
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Lake Palestine - 05/15/17 04:00 AM

just launch in Saline Bay.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Lake Palestine - 05/15/17 11:14 AM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
just launch in Saline Bay.

Yep, easiest and safest or you could idle all the way. Getting directions from point A to point B on that lake on here is about as safe as throwing rocks at a police station. There are 0 marked boat lanes on Palestine and what may look like open water could have tree tops a foot under water. Lake levels that fluctuate even a foot could put you in dangerous territory. Take advantage of the many launch points and save your lower unit until you learn the lake.

Re: Lake Palestine - 05/15/17 12:47 PM

It's for a high school tournament so we can't trailer

Re: Lake Palestine - 05/15/17 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: coal hauler
It's for a high school tournament so we can't trailer

I highly recommend making a dry run so you can find a safe route. That is unless there is an off limits in effect. Palestine is probably the most dangerous lake in Texas to navigate without experience. The organizers should have allowed trailering on this lake for the safety of all the participants. Good luck to you and all the others.
Posted By: big mike

Re: Lake Palestine - 05/15/17 01:33 PM

When's the HS tournament?
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Lake Palestine - 05/15/17 01:34 PM

I would not run in any direction from the Villages for the first time blind, especially with kids in the boat.

Re: Lake Palestine - 05/15/17 03:14 PM

Next weekend but off limits this week
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Lake Palestine - 05/15/17 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: InTheClear
I would not run in any direction from the Villages for the first time blind, especially with kids in the boat.

Agree. You can probably follow someone out and be ok.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Lake Palestine - 05/15/17 03:34 PM

sent you a PM
Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

Re: Lake Palestine - 05/15/17 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: big mike
When's the HS tournament?
already happened a month ago
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: Lake Palestine - 05/15/17 03:41 PM

Yes pretty easily....stay about 100yds off the eastern shoreline and go all the way down....that side is clear

Re: Lake Palestine - 05/15/17 04:35 PM

Mudbone replied to your pm

Re: Lake Palestine - 05/15/17 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: InTheClear

Some folks have to learn things the hard way. I promise you a lot of them will head towards Kickapoo and there will be issues. Hopefully no one gets hurt. I've run that lake from the dam all the way to Kickapoo many times in a tournament and there are places where you can be 10 yards off one way or the other end up on top of a stump and that's at full pool. Organizers are not using common sense.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum