Texas Fishing Forum

Ultrex question

Posted By: MikeW62

Ultrex question - 05/10/17 08:56 AM

I got my new ultrex finally and got it calibrated and everything seems fine but my question is I thought the ultrex had auto deploy and stow and I can't find it on my remote. Is there a seperate remote for the deploy/ stow function?
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Ultrex question - 05/10/17 10:18 AM

The Ulterra has the auto deploy/stow feature.
The Ultrex is manual.
Posted By: redmojo

Re: Ultrex question - 05/10/17 11:44 AM

Definitely does not have that feature.
Posted By: squib

Re: Ultrex question - 05/10/17 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Rickmb
The Ulterra has the auto deplow/stow feature.
The Ultrex is manual.

This
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Ultrex question - 05/10/17 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: MikeW62
I got my new ultrex finally and got it calibrated and everything seems fine but my question is I thought the ultrex had auto deploy and stow and I can't find it on my remote. Is there a seperate remote for the deploy/ stow function?

Are you kidding me?? You know that little about your equipment?? What do you think the cable and handle on the trolling motor are for?
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Ultrex question - 05/10/17 07:55 PM

You probably are talking about the lift assist. It just makes it easier to lift but it is still dropped manually
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: Ultrex question - 05/10/17 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin

Are you kidding me?? You know that little about your equipment?? What do you think the cable and handle on the trolling motor are for?

harsh

Re: Ultrex question - 05/10/17 10:21 PM

Yes that was a bit over the top. I just hope for his safety and the safety of others he is better informed about safely running his boat than he is about operating his trolling motor.

Re: Ultrex question - 05/11/17 10:10 PM

Yes that was a bit over the top. I just hope for his safety and the safety of others he is better informed about safely running his boat than he is about operating his trolling motor.

You're very right ezbassi, I bet you're the smartest person in the world. We should go fishing sometime so you can show me everything I need to know

Re: Ultrex question - 05/11/17 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
You probably are talking about the lift assist. It just makes it easier to lift but it is still dropped manually

Thank you. I think that's where my confusion was.
Posted By: dr.juice

Re: Ultrex question - 05/11/17 11:36 PM

Everybody has blonde moments. We just find it easier to point out when others do
Posted By: getbent956

Re: Ultrex question - 05/12/17 12:06 AM

Well Mike good news is- you got an ultrex. I just recently got my bass boat so I am no expert. However I did use my fortrex a couple of trips and hated it. The ultrex is sweet. I like the pedal and how it responds, deploys smooth as well. I wouldn't trade an ultrex for an ulterra.

Re: Ultrex question - 05/12/17 01:54 AM

No Im not the smartest person in the world and I apologize for the harshness of my comment. I realized that someone may have given you false information on the Ultrex and you were asking for clarification. I recently purchased an Ultrex also but I did a lot of research on it before I bought it. I do that with all my large purchases, but thats just me. I want to know exactly what it is that I am buying. Research is very important especially when buying a vehicle or boat to keep from getting ripped off.

BTW. you will truly like that new trolling motor.
Posted By: dandeeks

Re: Ultrex question - 05/12/17 02:04 AM

regardless of the fact you messed up w the auto deploy thing. JEALOUS!
Posted By: TorySweatman

Re: Ultrex question - 05/12/17 03:52 AM

Sell me the ultrex and go buy an ulterra
Posted By: jafish

Re: Ultrex question - 05/12/17 05:06 AM

Way over the top.

Re: Ultrex question - 05/12/17 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: jafish
Way over the top.

Well I apologized for that, so get over it jarfish. I guess you got your little feelings hurt somehow.LOL Move on.

Re: Ultrex question - 05/12/17 09:59 PM

No Im not the smartest person in the world and I apologize for the harshness of my comment. I realized that someone may have given you false information on the Ultrex and you were asking for clarification. I recently purchased an Ultrex also but I did a lot of research on it before I bought it. I do that with all my large purchases, but thats just me. I want to know exactly what it is that I am buying. Research is very important especially when buying a vehicle or boat to keep from getting ripped off.

Apology accepted. I was misinformed or just didn't clearly understand. I was more focused and interested in the spot lock even though auto deploy would be nice.

Re: Ultrex question - 05/12/17 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: TorySweatman
Sell me the ultrex and go buy an ulterra

If you buy a 112 52" ulterra I will trade you my ultrex
Posted By: snickers

Re: Ultrex question - 05/12/17 10:46 PM

You would be making a big mistake
[quote=TorySweatman]Sell me the ultrex and go buy an ulterra [/quote
If you buy a 112 52" ulterra I will trade you my ultrex

Re: Ultrex question - 05/12/17 11:14 PM

Apology accepted. I was misinformed or just didn't clearly understand. I was more focused and interested in the spot lock even though auto deploy would be nice.

Spot lock is an awesome feature plus you get the instant steering of the cable steer. Best of both worlds.

Re: Ultrex question - 05/13/17 02:04 PM

The responsive steering just about threw me in the drink when I first touched it.
Posted By: jafish

Re: Ultrex question - 05/14/17 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By: jafish
Way over the top.

Well I apologized for that, so get over it jarfish. I guess you got your little feelings hurt somehow.LOL Move on.

I'm not trying to embarrass you ezbassin. It's apparent you don't need anyone's help doing that. Have a good day sir.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum