Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon bucoo SR

Posted By: Buckshotbuddy

Falcon bucoo SR - 04/25/17 04:42 PM

Anyone have any experience with these rods? My veritas broke landing a fish and i came across this rod which I'm thinking about getting instead. I don't care that its made in China I'm strictly looking for reviews on its performance. I posted in rods and reels section but it's like the dead sea over there.
Posted By: bigcat85

Re: Falcon bucoo SR - 04/25/17 04:46 PM

i have a couple and really like them
Posted By: thirtysixit

Re: Falcon bucoo SR - 04/25/17 04:53 PM

The old bucoo rods were incredible. They have a great selection of actions for the SR. I'm sure they are great rods. I'd definitely give them a look before buying another brand that manufactures overseas.
Posted By: Fishinfool999

Re: Falcon bucoo SR - 04/25/17 04:55 PM

Broke two of them in two weeks. Both snapped on hook set. They were replaced at no charge (after a pretty good ribbing from the guys behind the counter)and the third one is holding up well.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Falcon bucoo SR - 04/25/17 05:20 PM

I finally bought a one after all the hype, I will be buying more

Re: Falcon bucoo SR - 04/25/17 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: thirtysixit
The old bucoo rods were incredible. They have a great selection of actions for the SR. I'm sure they are great rods. I'd definitely give them a look before buying another brand that manufactures overseas.

The sr's are made in china

Re: Falcon bucoo SR - 04/25/17 11:13 PM

Well i got one , its not too bad my onpy complaint is the mh feels like a medium but other than that its pretty decent!
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Falcon bucoo SR - 04/25/17 11:58 PM

I've got 2 and really like them. I do agree that they probably feel one action softer than labeled.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Falcon bucoo SR - 04/26/17 12:28 AM

All Falcons are like that to me. That is not a bad thing though.
Posted By: stratos caster

Re: Falcon bucoo SR - 04/26/17 12:53 AM

MH does feel lighter than most but I really like the rod.
Posted By: hogbus

Re: Falcon bucoo SR - 04/26/17 01:40 AM

I have three and like them. I have a few caras and low riders also. Love those rods. They are all paired with curados. Jut added 4 Cabela's zx paired with Lews that were on sale . $150 per combo! My best fish this week were caught with 20 year old Falcons and Shimano greenies! Go figure. Good luck. JD
Posted By: lodell23

Re: Falcon bucoo SR - 04/26/17 02:59 AM

Ive always thought the bucoos were one action lighter than rated, but caras seem to be right on.
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Falcon bucoo SR - 04/26/17 03:05 AM

What's the difference in the Bucoo's (which I have and love) vs the Bucoo SR's?
Posted By: dreamweaver96

Re: Falcon bucoo SR - 04/26/17 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: texasAUtiger
What's the difference in the Bucoo's (which I have and love) vs the Bucoo SR's?

SR's are made in china (probably to increase profit margins) and will have the gray foam handles vs. the classic ones' black handles.
Posted By: engine1129

Re: Falcon bucoo SR - 04/26/17 12:40 PM

I don't have a problem with mine,but they are a lil lite
Posted By: Nicholas Moudy

Re: Falcon bucoo SR - 04/26/17 05:03 PM

I dont have a problem with mine i use it for flipping. its a little not sensitive but otherwise it handles the fish well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum