Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Champs and bad weather

Posted By: redmojo

Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/25/17 02:37 AM

I know typically Bass Champs goes on rain or shine, with that said has their ever been a time when it was rescheduled due to predicted bad weather? I know it was for ice a few years back but what about thunderstorms? I know this weekend at Fork their is a 90% chance of strong thunderstorms so I was just wondering how they may handle this? Hopefully the forecast will change by then.

Thanks
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/25/17 03:31 AM

Maybe Trailer if forecasted winds are high
Posted By: T CLIMER

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/25/17 12:04 PM

Yes a couple years ago at Ceader Creek due to ice and snow!
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/25/17 01:17 PM

I am sure that they will wait until Friday before they decide on anything.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/25/17 02:21 PM

Never seen them cancel one for rain or even thunderstorms but have seen them delay a morning's start due to lightening in the area. And they always trailer at Fork due to the lack of a good area to stage and launch 300+ boats. One thing I know for sure is they will make whatever decision they have to with the anglers safety in mind.

I just hope we catch a break on the weather because our practice has been amazing! We've caught 6 overs in the last 2 weeks and feel like we have it in the bag already breakdance
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/25/17 02:25 PM

Don't they always trailer on fork?
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/25/17 02:26 PM

I didn't even get to prefish, so who cares! roflmao
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/25/17 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin
Don't they always trailer on fork?

Yes
Posted By: DAN-O

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/25/17 02:27 PM

Will be there rain or shine. Rain I can deal with...lightning not so much. Does BC allow you to dock your boat on the bank and seek shelter in your vehicle if lightning is in the area?

Last year my wife, daughter, and I went into a guys dock to get out of lightning and hail. They came down on 4 wheelers and ran us off in the lightning. He thought we were trying to break into his dock...we were just trying to avoid the streaks of lightning that popped up.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/25/17 02:49 PM

Its Texas... who knows what weather Saturday will bring. With the awesome access to radar we have now days there's no reason big cells should take anyone by surprise. Keep an eye on the radar and have a plan for seeking shelter if necessary. My initial weather analysis says we will get less than 1" of rain, the severe threat will be east of Fork, and the winds will be 15 sustained with gusts of 25 mph out of the SW. cheers
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/25/17 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13
Its Texas... who knows what weather Saturday will bring. With the awesome access to radar we have now days there's no reason big cells should take anyone by surprise. Keep an eye on the radar and have a plan for seeking shelter if necessary. My initial weather analysis says we will get less than 1" of rain, the severe threat will be east of Fork, and the winds will be 15 sustained with gusts of 25 mph out of the SW. cheers

Well said about Texas weather, especially with today just being Tuesday. The forecast could be completely different once it actually gets closer to the weekend. Right now, the forecast I trust most says VERY heavy rain all day Saturday but nothing horribly severe. This link below is for the DFW area but its showing more than 5" of rain Saturday.

http://wxmaps.org/pix/dfwgfs.png
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/25/17 03:14 PM

One year on Toledo a violent storm came thru. We had to bank and seek shelter under some docks and camps. Everyone did it around us. The place we found had 2 guys already there, it was Lonnie Stanley and partner. Atleast we got to talk fishing for an hour or so
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/25/17 03:22 PM

The weather forecast is always going to severe this far out, that way they can make sure you keep checking every day to see if it changes. bolt
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/27/17 05:42 AM

Well I know a few years back it wasn't called off and it pretty much stormed all day with lightning on and off all day... it's was the Mega Bass tourney though.
Posted By: PaPa@fork

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/27/17 10:06 AM

Over here they are saying it will be afternoon so I'm hoping they are right and the morning will be good, they are predicting 2.5 to 3" of rain and ALL THE STUFF that comes with it this time of year so keep a eye on the radar and if you hear thunder get to the ramp.

Good luck to all.
Posted By: Bass Champs Staff

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/27/17 07:25 PM

The tournament will go as scheduled.

Yes, this will be a trailering event that will allow you to trailer your boat throughout the day. The weather forecasts have been improving throughout the week, but we would recommend bringing a good rainsuit.

We will have all of the start/finish time details at registration. 6-8 PM Friday and starting at 5:00 AM on Saturday (Lake Fork Marina)

Either way, $20,000 is Guaranteed for 1st place regardless of the number of entries.

See you there.
Posted By: ZX 250

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/27/17 07:48 PM

We will be there thumb
Posted By: DAN-O

Re: Bass Champs and bad weather - 04/28/17 01:34 PM

We will be there as well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum