Texas Fishing Forum

Hubbard Creek in Breckenridge

Posted By: trickworm50

Hubbard Creek in Breckenridge - 04/20/17 02:22 PM

Does anyone have any current fishing reports for Hubbard Creek in Breckenridge?

Re: Hubbard Lake - 04/21/17 12:38 PM

Well I am still going this afternoon by myself so I will post how I do. Was hoping for a little insight but seems people's lips are sealed.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Hubbard Lake - 04/21/17 01:09 PM

Ray Hubbard,Hubbard creek or Lake Hubbard which one?
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Hubbard Lake - 04/21/17 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: trickworm50
Well I am still going this afternoon by myself so I will post how I do. Was hoping for a little insight but seems people's lips are sealed.

Well then, that should tell you something...

Re: Hubbard Lake - 04/21/17 01:31 PM

Hubbard Creek in Breckenridge
Posted By: squib

Re: Hubbard Lake - 04/21/17 02:14 PM

I went a few weeks ago and caught plenty of fish. Unfortunately, none of them were over 16 inches long. They were bunched up on rocky points in 8 to 10 foot of water. One point might not have any and the next point would have 10. I caught fish mostly on Texas-rigged plastics but also caught a few on swimbaits and crankbaits. This time of year, two weeks ago can be an eternity, so I am not saying the fish are there now. But there is no shortage of small fish in that lake. It will be a lot of fun in a few years if people don't release them all in the grease.

I know there have been a few tournaments won with some good stringers of fish so there are still some nice fish in there. I just didn't catch any of them.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Hubbard Lake - 04/21/17 02:15 PM

I was there a few weeks ago. I wouldn't say we lit the world on fire but we caught a handful. Nothing to speak of. 1 around 5 and 1 around 4 were the biggest. Everything else was anywhere from 12 inches to 2 pounds. Flipping. Squarebill. Deep. Shallow. Docks. Really can't go wrong out there right now.
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Hubbard Lake - 04/21/17 02:27 PM

Strike King Poppin Perch. Fishing Punk's video on this thread (and others) might help.
Posted By: Big hoss

Re: Hubbard Lake - 04/21/17 03:49 PM

West side coves from game wardens cove to green house slough 5-10 ft of water senkos Carolina rig green lizards are chatter baits should catch a lot of fish and can have the potential to catch a good one are two if the wind isn't blowing to bad the afternoon bite has been better !!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum