Texas Fishing Forum

Caring and or storage for living rubber?

Posted By: Matt Jackson

Caring and or storage for living rubber? - 04/20/17 03:21 AM

Like the title says are there any tips or suggestion to maintain and or store? I know Donald wrote once I believe about caring for living rubber.
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Caring and or storage for living rubber? - 04/20/17 12:56 PM

put in a zip lock bag....and use a little baby powder....shake it around....should keep them from "gumming"..

Re: Caring and or storage for living rubber? - 04/20/17 01:17 PM

Thanks! I've heard using corn starch aswell. So I guess the main thing is to keep it dry?
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Caring and or storage for living rubber? - 04/20/17 01:40 PM

All my spinner bait living rubber skirts get the Minnow Bath before processing. My jig skirts get the Crayfish bath. This help preserve them even longer. Air Dry baits before storage. Keep Baby Powder on Skirts when in storage page air tight. Living Rubber Skirting will become gummy over time if not dried and Baby Powered often. Storing the baits away with excess Minnow Extract on them will also cause this problem.

Living Rubber is a little more trouble to take care of; but well worth the results.

Posted By: Nick From Minnesota

Re: Caring and or storage for living rubber? - 04/20/17 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
All my spinner bait living rubber skirts get the Minnow Bath before processing. My jig skirts get the Crayfish bath. This help preserve them even longer. Air Dry baits before storage. Keep Baby Powder on Skirts when in storage page air tight. Living Rubber Skirting will become gummy over time if not dried and Baby Powered often. Storing the baits away with excess Minnow Extract on them will also cause this problem.

Living Rubber is a little more trouble to take care of; but well worth the results.

What is in this "Minnow bath" you speak of?

I put 3 full 3700 boxes of skirt material in my live wells and after a long day on the lake, I forgot they were in there and they are all swamped with water now.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Caring and or storage for living rubber? - 04/20/17 02:22 PM

Pure Minnow Extract. Shoot me a PM.

Re: Caring and or storage for living rubber? - 04/20/17 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper

We actually have your minnow and craw extract and will let them soak and knew there were additional step in caring for them from reading one of your post a long time ago, but couldn't remember the steps. Thanks again!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum