Texas Fishing Forum

Frogs

Posted By: Atta

Frogs - 04/17/17 12:04 PM

Been using the Spro frogs for nearly a year now and do like them but it's hard to keep them walking. I've found myself looking for more "slime" to throw then in vs pads. I can throw a spook or yellow magic and walk it all day.

What do you froggin guys like in terms of type, color, and location to toss the frogs. I know it catches big fish when used right. Just need to get the kinks worked out.

Thanks,
Posted By: Phototex

Re: Frogs - 04/17/17 12:14 PM

Although I sometimes use Spro, my favorite frogs are the River 2 Sea Bully Wa and Spittin' Wa, and the Terminator walking frog and popping frog. I use those almost exclusively. The only other hollow body frog I throw is a Top Toad. I throw them into pads and on top of matted grass and yellowish algae. I seem to have as many strikes IN the mats as when the frog finally clears the edge of it. I seldom walk my frogs. Colors? You can't go wrong with solid black or anything with a white belly. Hope this helps.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Frogs - 04/17/17 12:37 PM

The new spro spit shad walks just like a spook
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Frogs - 04/17/17 02:41 PM

Most of the Spro frogs are walked easiest by having a little extra slack in the line.

They've been destroying them at the lakes around me lately. It's been awesome

I like brown, black, white, or grey. No need to pay much attention to the top colors, those are just to catch fishermen. Look at the belly.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Frogs - 04/17/17 04:12 PM

The right rod is crucial to getting a frog to walk, as is trimming the frog's legs and keeping a tad bit of slack in your line. I've watched numerous videos of Dean Rojas explaining his setup for frogs. After applying his techniques, it's made me a better frog fisherman. I prefer a 7'0", medium-heavy, fast, rod. Using too long of a rod or too much of a rod will hinder your ability to walk the frog correctly. Any frog style will walk correctly if you do these things. As far as location, you can throw a frog pretty much anywhere, under docks, over grass, around stumps, wherever it looks "froggy" to you, throw that sucker.

Hope this helps
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Frogs - 04/17/17 06:17 PM

Check out bobbys perfect frog...
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Frogs - 04/17/17 06:34 PM

^^^ fish
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Frogs - 04/18/17 05:29 PM

I cut about 1/2" off one side of the "legs"....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum