Texas Fishing Forum

That's a 10 lb'er !!!!

Posted By: Soft Tap

That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 02:27 PM

That's a 10 lb'er !!!! That's a 10 lb'er !!!! That's a 10 lb'er !!!! That's a 10 lb'er !!!! That's a 10 lb'er !!!!
That's a 10 lb'er !!!! That's a 10 lb'er !!!! That's a 10 lb'er !!!! That's a 10 lb'er !!!! That's a 10 lb'er !!!!...........lol

Classic final Day - Iconnelli
Posted By: cantcatch5

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 05:02 PM

I haven't made it that far on my DVR but I thought calling "Game Over...game over...game over...G-A-M-E---O-V-E-R!" on the first day was pretty dang bold!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 05:04 PM

Great footage on all 3 shows. BASS did great. I am sure everyone here would have not been excited at all over catching a 10 lber in the Classic when you are already in contention to win....lol
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 05:05 PM

Consistently big eyes them. Too much yelling giant on 3 pound fish.
Posted By: 5bigfish

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 05:10 PM

At lest he didn't destroy the American Flag and light pole like he did a few years back Thanks to his yelling I'm so much quicker finding the mute button on my TV remote. I respect the man can fish but could do without the screaming every time he catches a fish over 2 lbs
Posted By: cantcatch5

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 05:15 PM

I thought they did a good job as well Mark. I wish there would have been some early footage of Lee but I understand they can't film everyone and he was a long shot. I have watched days 1 and 2 and I don't think I have sen him once yet. I have been in and out of the room getting Easter lunch ready so it is possible I have missed it.

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 05:19 PM

My only complaint was I hated that they did not show Lee's Mom on stage shen she made the comments about the win.
Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 05:36 PM

Most guys bass terms:
0-2 lbs small ones/dinks
3-4 lbs good/nice ones
5-7 lbs big ones
8+ lbs giants

Ike bass terms
0+ lbs big one/giant!

He's over the top with all the yelling and carrying on but the guy can fish.

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 05:40 PM

Classy move by Ike blowing around the leader on pad to hit a spot Ehler was headed towards.

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishspanker
Classy move by Ike blowing around the leader on pad to hit a spot Ehler was headed towards.

I was pulling for Erhler but at that time both thought they were in Co tenting to win. Both had fished there and Erhler even said he had not fished it since the first day. Erhler simply staTed he was hoping he had it to himself. Did not look like Ike did anything wrong and it did not seem Erhler was mad at him. Just mad that he idled to it when he should have ran to it.

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

I was pulling for Erhler but at that time both thought they were in Co tenting to win. Both had fished there and Erhler even said he had not fished it since the first day. Erhler simply staTed he was hoping he had it to himself. Did not look like Ike did anything wrong and it did not seem Erhler was mad at him. Just mad that he idled to it when he should have ran to it.

Ike put it on plane in a stump field to get there first when Brent was moving that way. That's what Brent seems to have a issue with. It's a intense competition. You can't let that get ahead of " do on to others as you would like them to do to you".
Posted By: CCTX

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 06:27 PM

Guess that's why he isn't part of the community
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 07:40 PM

Ike put it on plane in a stump field to get there first when Brent was moving that way. That's what Brent seems to have a issue with. It's a intense competition. You can't let that get ahead of " do on to others as you would like them to do to you".

Ike getting on plane in that area was a major risk. That area is a minefield. I don't get that lucky. I would have lost a lower unit.
Posted By: hookinbass

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 08:51 PM

Ike is from up north and a 3+ is a giant
Posted By: RayBob

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 10:25 PM

I just finished watching it. I agree I'd like to have seen what Jordan Lee's mom had to say, the part they showed she just choked up I guess. There was some overflowing emotion ... even affected me some. I hope to see Lee become a consistent big stick on the Elite circuit. Too often after a classic win there is a huge tail off, understandably due to demands but there anyway. Enjoyable to watch. On Ike ... he makes good TV so he gets a lot of camera time. Not one of my favs though.

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: RayBob
I just finished watching it. I agree I'd like to have seen what Jordan Lee's mom had to say, the part they showed she just choked up I guess. There was some overflowing emotion ... even affected me some. I hope to see Lee become a consistent big stick on the Elite circuit. Too often after a classic win there is a huge tail off, understandably due to demands but there anyway. Enjoyable to watch. On Ike ... he makes good TV so he gets a lot of camera time. Not one of my favs though.

He also gets a lot of camera time because Toyota is a major sponsor of a lot of events.

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/16/17 11:42 PM

The comments Lee's Mom made are on Youtube. Awesome stuff.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/17/17 01:50 AM

It's not nearly as annoying watching Ike when you just finished watching FLW and seeing boaters yelling "net, net,.....get the NET" and the co has to drop everything and run to the front to see him net a solid 1 pounder.

After about two of those, I'd start to get a hearing impairment.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/17/17 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
It's not nearly as annoying watching Ike when you just finished watching FLW and seeing boaters yelling "net, net,.....get the NET" and the co has to drop everything and run to the front to see him net a solid 1 pounder.

I actually like the BASS no net rule. Adds something to the catch.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/17/17 03:31 AM

As much as I dislike the antics of Ike , the announcer and his drama laden approach to announcing would make a billy goat puke !! Also , did it seem like nobody wanted to say "what " happened to all the boat malfunctions and the name of those companies?
Lastly , Zona ---please go back to whatever you did before they put you on camera !!
Posted By: RO519

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/17/17 12:50 PM

Love him or hate him, Ike is a personality of the sport. He gets attention regardless of the tournament because of his antics. That attention puts his sponsors in the light, which is one of the pros biggest jobs. If you attended the classic, you saw it first hand at the weigh in. "Mercer, I tell you what, Conroe gets so rough, I was glad I run a (insert boat name here). And if my (insert boat name here) wasn't powered by (insert motor here), I wouldn't have made it back to the weigh in on time." Said by almost every pro in the classic. It's their job, and Ike does a good job at it.
Posted By: TallBaldCypress

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/17/17 01:50 PM

The comments Lee's Mom made are on Youtube. Awesome stuff.

I think I was happier for her than him.
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/17/17 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: 1oldbassguy
As much as I dislike the antics of Ike , the announcer and his drama laden approach to announcing would make a billy goat puke !! Also , did it seem like nobody wanted to say "what " happened to all the boat malfunctions and the name of those companies?
Lastly , Zona ---please go back to whatever you did before they put you on camera !!
Man, I wouldn't watch anymore!
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/17/17 02:41 PM

I still get way excited when I catch any fish, and that is after 40 plus years of fishing. If you can only get excited when you catch big fish I feel bad for you. For once Ike did catch a giant but I think it is cool that he still gets excited when he catches fish even though he exaggerates. I do too! Heck perch fishing with red wigglers is a blast. Take a kid sometime and watch them, you might remember why you started fishing in the first place.
Posted By: JG ZX250

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/17/17 03:32 PM

Ike is great.
He has had you guys talking about him for 2 days now. roflmao
Posted By: TxDispatcher

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/17/17 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass Buster1
Take a kid sometime and watch them, you might remember why you started fishing in the first place.

Well said, sir thumb
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/17/17 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass Buster1
I still get way excited when I catch any fish, and that is after 40 plus years of fishing. If you can only get excited when you catch big fish I feel bad for you. For once Ike did catch a giant but I think it is cool that he still gets excited when he catches fish even though he exaggerates. I do too! Heck perch fishing with red wigglers is a blast. Take a kid sometime and watch them, you might remember why you started fishing in the first place.

Well said. Too many get caught up in the "I'm a tournament Bass fisherman, I don't have time to have fun".
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/17/17 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

I actually like the BASS no net rule. Adds something to the catch.

+1.

A lot of the time they are struggling to get the net when fishing solo or yelling at the co-angler when they should be focused on landing the fish, it seems like a hindrance to me, especially on anything less than 4 pounds.
Posted By: Thecrankster

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/17/17 04:57 PM

IKE is the best....At the weighin he always received loudest cheers brings alot of youth to the sport...If I'm in his position I'm screaming too better than alot of the boring pros...Some are just sleeper boring
Posted By: Thecrankster

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/17/17 05:05 PM

Matt1212 don't watch a young kid will take your place for sure...Bass fishing is cool agian thanks to a few...If you don't like change you won't like the youth movement coming to bass fishing...I for one love it love seeing my son get excited over a fish 1-20#s I don't care
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/17/17 05:08 PM

I believe Lee is just building the foundation of a spectacular career....2 wins already, one of which is a Classic win, and the young man is rarely finishing out of the money (81% check-cashing rate), so he will take down at least one AOY title...Ike, on the other hand, will increase your heart rate at times. He's definitely over the top, but for good reason, it makes him a polarizing figure, which in turn, gets his mug on the TV screen.
Posted By: TigersWhiteSon

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/20/17 07:26 PM

they always crack me up
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/21/17 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: JG ZX250
Ike is great.
He has had you guys talking about him for 2 days now. roflmao

Good point!

I saw Jack Nicholson win an Academy Award many years ago and he simply walked up on stage in his dark Raybans and accepted the award. He turned to the crowd and said, "In this business it doesn't matter if they're talking good about you or bad about you, as long as they're still talking about you" cool

As long as we're still talking about Ike I am quite sure he will continue his on screen antics. Everything I have ever heard about him off-screen is very positive. He stays later to talk to the fans and sign autographs than most of the other pros and he loves talking to young kids. thumb

Whether you like him or not, he is entertaining to watch. I love his passion for the sport. Some of those guys are about as exciting on camera as watching paint dry. If that's your cup of tea then so be it. Television shows live & die by ratings. Ike helps ratings. wink
Posted By: fouzman

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/21/17 12:19 PM

Very well said, Ken.
Posted By: D-lee

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/22/17 11:35 PM

the classic was on this morning they show more of Jordan on that one.
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: That's a 10 lb'er !!!! - 04/25/17 06:50 PM

I like Ike and apparently so do the sponsors. It helps that he can flat out catch em anywhere too. His antics are made for TV and like the poster above said, it keeps folks talking.

Did any of you "locals" notice how far off the mark was for where Kennedy was actually fishing? There are no islands on the eastern shoreline above 1097, yet there they were on the map on TV. They had Kennedy a full 1-2 miles south of the jungle area in what looked like an area just off Johnson's bluffs. Makes me wonder if Kennedy has a "say so" in that?? Yet later in the program, they had him marked up in the jungle again. I saw them do this with Elam a couple of times too in Caney. They also had Ike at the Stowaway bridge running north but never showed any footage of him fishing the Stowaway bridge.

Just some thoughts.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum