Texas Fishing Forum

Tablerock Lake or Beaver Lake

Posted By: B.K.S.

Tablerock Lake or Beaver Lake - 03/20/17 08:54 PM

I know this is the Texas Fishing Forum,but has anyone fished Tablerock or Beaver lake middle of April or middle of May.Which would be your choice and why?We are thinking of making a trip to one of these in the next month or 2.I thought there might be spawners still the middle of next month.Thanks!
Posted By: snickers

Re: Tablerock Lake or Beaver Lake - 03/20/17 09:20 PM

Table rock
Posted By: junk baits

Re: Tablerock Lake or Beaver Lake - 03/21/17 12:33 AM

Table rock is outstanding. I have spent many years on the lake and spend a week every other year on vacation. I prefer the areas North from the white river , kings river and James river split. James tends to be more black bass and king river, white river are great big spots and smallies.
Beautiful lake and very close to branson if fishing sux.
Posted By: Dr. Hook

Re: Tablerock Lake or Beaver Lake - 03/21/17 12:52 AM

Table Rock for many reasons. The dam area fishes totally different than the Rivers. Good Largemouth fishing, Great Spots and Smallies. Be sure to put out at least one day at Cape Fair and head North. Don't forget to go to Springfield to Bass Pro Shops Headquarters, the outlet store, NRA museum and the brand new museum, "Wonders of Wildlife". On Table Rock stay or go to Big Cedar Lodge and Top of the Rock. Tons of other entertainment at the Landing and in Branson. Fishing should be phenomenal that time of year. In addition, YouTube "Focused Fishing" for tips and patterns or a guide for a day.
Posted By: happycampr

Re: Tablerock Lake or Beaver Lake - 03/21/17 05:16 AM

Great trout fishing below Tablerock dam in Tanneycomo too.
Posted By: Badbassdad

Re: Tablerock Lake or Beaver Lake - 03/21/17 12:40 PM

my teen age son and I just got back from tablerock sunday. we fished 3 days last week and caught fish all three days. He caught his PB largemouth 7#+ on a 7.5" glide bait along the tree lined walls. there are a lot of smallies and spots..it was fun. we also fished taneykomo, we saw small groups of Largemouth and spots in the shallow creeks and actually caught a couple of spots over 2.5#...it was well worth the drive.
Posted By: Michael.Beaty

Re: Tablerock Lake or Beaver Lake - 03/21/17 01:06 PM

Table rock
Posted By: Hal Land

Re: Tablerock Lake or Beaver Lake - 03/21/17 01:15 PM

Tablerock for bass. Beaver for striper
Posted By: B.K.S.

Re: Tablerock Lake or Beaver Lake - 03/21/17 07:34 PM

Thanks to all,we decided on Tablerock.Hope to catch some smallies!
Posted By: BCB

Re: Tablerock Lake or Beaver Lake - 03/22/17 03:19 AM

Table Rock is next to us here and just over an hour. No doubt, stay around Cape Fair or Aunt's Creek and drop over to Taneycomo as suggested. You could whack a sack at Taneycomo and it would be good.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Tablerock Lake or Beaver Lake - 03/22/17 04:00 PM

Beaver has some great Stripers in it. An old manager of mine moved up there and has sent me some pictures of some monster stripers from Beaver Lake.
Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Re: Tablerock Lake or Beaver Lake - 03/22/17 04:42 PM

Last time I was @ Beaver...love that place also wore out the Trout below Dam. Guess I will say Beaver.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum