Texas Fishing Forum

buying equipment at the bassmaster classic. do you get better deals?

Posted By: hopefullythisworks

buying equipment at the bassmaster classic. do you get better deals? - 03/18/17 05:22 AM

looking to buy another talon and was just wondering if at large events there are deals to be had. trying to see if the drive might be worth it. thanks!!
Posted By: BCB

Re: buying equipment at the bassmaster classic. do you get better deals? - 03/18/17 05:29 AM

The drive is worth it even if there's not a deal on a Talon. You can visit the MinnKota booth and see where they can connect you to what your after.
Posted By: hopefullythisworks

Re: buying equipment at the bassmaster classic. do you get better deals? - 03/18/17 07:27 PM

I sure appreciate the information!
Posted By: TX Basser

Re: buying equipment at the bassmaster classic. do you get better deals? - 03/18/17 07:38 PM

As a general rule, prices from the manufacturer are usually not discounted. You might get a deal from one of the non-manufacturers that are offering Talons etc. Got a number of great deals on lures at other events. Wasn't looking for a talon or powerpole so I really don't know about them for sure.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: buying equipment at the bassmaster classic. do you get better deals? - 03/19/17 01:33 AM

In my experience there really isn't many deals. Dicks usually has some decent stuff on sale but that's about it. A lot of people aren't even selling stuff
Posted By: Slefler

Re: buying equipment at the bassmaster classic. do you get better deals? - 03/19/17 04:50 AM

Originally Posted By: the skipper
In my experience there really isn't many deals. Dicks usually has some decent stuff on sale but that's about it. A lot of people aren't even selling stuff

That'll help the pocket book
Posted By: brennansgrandpa

Re: buying equipment at the bassmaster classic. do you get better deals? - 03/19/17 01:57 PM

This goes back a few years but I bought mine online from moodeals, not sure if they are out there anymore. Second I would check Academy online.
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: buying equipment at the bassmaster classic. do you get better deals? - 03/19/17 03:24 PM

For large ticket items.....NO....for other fishing equipment....YES....especially on the last day.....I've attended 8 Classics....it's an experience you'll never forget....
Posted By: ssmith

Re: buying equipment at the bassmaster classic. do you get better deals? - 03/19/17 04:19 PM

its kinda like boat shows you take your product move it into a space that you are going to pay an astronomical price per square foot hard to find many deals in a deal like that although as it is about to close sometimes sellers make deals so they don't have to take it home.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: buying equipment at the bassmaster classic. do you get better deals? - 03/20/17 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By: the skipper

Shoot I usually see a ton of deals. Lots of vendors and big displays. Always great specials on rods.
Posted By: mbassn

Re: buying equipment at the bassmaster classic. do you get better deals? - 03/20/17 07:04 AM

It has been my experience that there are a lot of deals. Especially baits, rods, and reel, etc. A lot of buy one get one deals. Now I can't speak for bigger items like talon, power poles, trolling motors, graph etc. I have never looked to buy any of those items at the classic.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum