Texas Fishing Forum

The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook

Posted By: edvidales

The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/17/17 06:10 PM

Mustang,Bear and My first Trip to Rocky Creek.The biggest came from R creek.Using Big Baits 7" soft Plastics swimming it through brush piles or popping on the bottom.
Posted By: 89javelin100

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/17/17 06:28 PM

nice job! Shoot I've been struggling on that lake for a year now. Ive caught some fish here and there but thats awesome! So in the creeks huh? nice!

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/17/17 06:32 PM

thanks,it was tough.But I got a shot of confidence from a fellow angler I met at the Tackle store.He shared his info on rocky creek.I was just happy to catch fish,and lucky enough to find a big one holding way up the creek.I thought it was a carp following my bait.When stood up to take a closer look my instincts kicked in.She weighed in a little over 9lbs,my biggest so far this year.Very Lucky to even have a chance at this fish.

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/17/17 06:49 PM

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/17/17 07:03 PM

Posted By: cruzfishing

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/17/17 07:53 PM

Nice one, dang!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/17/17 10:45 PM

Nice fish. cheers

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 12:12 AM

Alot these Fish where way in the back of the creek where it did not look possible to believe they where there.These fish we're very well camouflage.Holding tight to cover.Very fortunate to hook 2 back here.
Posted By: GROD

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 01:29 AM

Pretty sure that was my dad you talked to at the tackle store... nice fish
Posted By: WAWI

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 01:32 AM

Smdh
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 01:36 AM

Lol
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin
Smdh

Which part? grin
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 02:10 AM

Tasty
Posted By: ranger3474

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 02:18 AM

So a guy was nice enough to help you and now you tell the world. Let me know how that works out for you

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter
Smdh

Which part? grin

Everything after "the" in title.
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 02:36 AM

lol here we go. Leave the guy alone!

Nice fish!

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 02:54 AM

A shout out to "Dan".He is a Scholar and Gentleman.I have fished a better part of my life at Mustang and Bearcreek.And the pressure there was Immense.My three Days off was alot of fun.I felt like a teenager on spring break lol.Not only did I catch fish but had a moment to reflect on life in general.Enough about that.These fish where holding tight to cover.Be persistent in casting your favorite weedless bait in those areas that are thick with cover.I did manage to catch a fish sight fishing by accident in 1 1/2 foot of water.Thanks Again 👍👍👊👍👍.And by the way I heard at Ray Roberts Indian Creek was Good by the old Duck Pond.Good Luck everyone.

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 02:55 AM

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 03:02 AM

Posted By: Laker One

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 03:05 AM

Nice fish. woot

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 03:09 AM

I know you guys are asking what part of the creek, basically I found areas that had deeper water with brush.And in the very back of the creeks, I looked for deep water with any kind of structure (pits,dips,holes and darker part of the water that looked promising.Also any type of brush in a deep hole. I hope this helps.

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 03:12 AM

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 03:14 AM

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 03:31 AM

Thankyou. a lot of pressure in a lot of spots dosometimes you just got to keep walking to the back of the creek or nobody's at. sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't.Either way it was a lot of fun

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 03:34 AM

thank you sir.There where quality fish in the back all these creeks.But sometimes you got to go a little further to see if the grass is greener on the other side.

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 03:35 AM

Thankyou,in there very back end of the creeks.

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 03:52 AM

Yes it was Dan.A reel Nice Guy.Its not everyday that a person share info on lakes that we fish.You are Blessed to have him as your dad.Congrats on your personal Best 10.5 at mustang just passed the boat ramp.👍👍✊👍👍

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 10:26 AM

popcorn roflmao
Posted By: Laker One

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 12:02 PM

Nice fish. woot
Posted By: 361V

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: ranger3474
So a guy was nice enough to help you and now you tell the world. Let me know how that works out for you
Or paying it forward. Come on, relax.
Posted By: GROD

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 12:47 PM

Yes, my dad (Dan) is a very nice and helpful person no doubt and he obviously gave you some key information... (We fish that lake a lot) This body of water tends to fish smaller this time of year and it's not a big lake (especially when low) Not to mention I would go on a limb to say it's one of the toughest lakes in the area to get a bite at times, especially if one doesn't fish it very often. This is the reason it doesn't get much pressure (normally) and the same handful of guys fish it routinely. This all being said, in the future if someone gives you some key detailed information, by all means use it and enjoy your trip, but maybe ask yourself if the nice man who gave you the detailed information he has spent countless years/days/hours on the water gaining, would want to share it with everyone... nonetheless though I'm glad you caught some good fish and had a blessed day.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 01:27 PM

Nice fish.

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 03:18 PM

Worst post of the year roflmao what a dbag

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: 361V
Originally Posted By: ranger3474
Or paying it forward. Come on, relax.

This isn't paying it forward, paying it forward is taking a kid to fish, paying it forward is teaching someone a technique, paying it forward is giving a bunch of tackle to a person starting out. What this is is a shameful act. Mr Ed here has disgraced himself. He has purposely shpewed info given to him all over this thread and the way it reads he has done so in an ungrateful and honestly a sarcastic manner, spitefully in my opinion. When any of you that need some help with a lake are ignored in the future you should save this thread Mr Ed posted as an example why.

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 04:03 PM

Well said

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 04:05 PM

so I ruffled your feathers???? I've never fished Rocky Creek before, so yeah I was excited. but I caught a lot of bass in the other Creeks too.One of these days I'll be retiring from fishing reel soon.So you can take it however you want it. I'll pray for you my brother.

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 04:07 PM

remember I was with you when all five of us used to walk to the back of the creek behind Benbrook Dam and fish for perch. remember those five mile walks.

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 04:14 PM

Will a boat get in rocky creek. I'm loading up. ninja

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 04:15 PM

YES YES

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: edvidales
so I ruffled your feathers???? I've never fish Rocky Creek before so yeah I was excited. but I caught a lot of bass another Creeks too. one of these days I'll be retiring from fishing reel soon. so you can take it however you want it. I'll pray for you my brother.

Meh, I could care less.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 07:00 PM

Rocky Creek this morning.......

Posted By: senko9S

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 07:02 PM

reminds me of chit creek in January...
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 08:52 PM

I was wondering where to fish tomorrow, now I know, thanks Ed! cheers roflmao
Posted By: Blayne Wallace

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 09:44 PM

Why is it so wrong to help other fisherman? I can understand if we are all fishing a trail and don't want to share spots but seriously, why is it so wrong to give advice and tips to fellow anglers just trying to catch their fish of a lifetime? Life is way too short to be selfish like that. Thanks Ed for the helpful tips!
Posted By: Dr. Chase

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 09:49 PM

Benbrook was fun while it lasted.

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/18/17 10:16 PM

welcome.
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Blayne Wallace
Why is it so wrong to help other fisherman? I can understand if we are all fishing a trail and don't want to share spots but seriously, why is it so wrong to give advice and tips to fellow anglers just trying to catch their fish of a lifetime? Life is way too short to be selfish like that. Thanks Ed for the helpful tips!

Helping other fisherman is one thing. Spreading detailed info on a public forum that you got from someone who was trying to help YOU out, with knowledge they've gathered over putting in a lot of time on the water, is pretty shotty IMO. Had this information not been given to him, to presumably help HIM catch some fish, that would be a different story.
Posted By: Blayne Wallace

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: tx2va07

Helping other fisherman is one thing. Spreading detailed info on a public forum that you got from someone who was trying to help YOU out, with knowledge they've gathered over putting in a lot of time on the water, is pretty shotty IMO. Had this information not been given to him, to presumably help HIM catch some fish, that would be a different story.

So what's the difference between that and going down to the supermarket and finding out there's a good deal so you tell your neighbor about it and then the info keeps getting passed along. I disagree completely with this being wrong. I guess to each their own. I will gladly share any info I ever have to help people catch fish. It's a fun, recreational sport for most. Like I said, it'd be different if we were fishing a trail and this info was brought up but we aren't.
Posted By: GSlayer

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 02:53 AM

I agree with Blayne Wallace. What the guy did was being helpful to others. Theres alot of sour apples on here for no reason. So what if he shared somebodys hot spots. Them hot spots aint that hot anyways unless you can catch em. The ones here that are mad probly couldnt catch them there anyways cause their boats cant get up that far in the creeks! I been hiking up there with this guy for a long time and hes been catching them their and all over BB even before the tip he got from someone. And ill continue to take my children, their friends and everybody else i know back their just so i can put somebody on some fish. Quit being so sore about it and just mind your own
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 03:19 AM

Supermarket deal....horrible comparison.

And you can't honestly tell me that if you gave your buddy the waypoint to your best spot, and he caught a 30 lb sack off it, then proceeded to post the coordinates of the spot online, that you wouldn't be a little bit upset.

That's a closer analogy.

And I'm not mad about it at all. Haven't fished Benbrook since last summer and have never done any good out there this time of year, the few times I've fished it. Now I know why.

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 03:22 AM

Eds a good guy

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 03:23 AM

Im not trolling here im being honest. I got many pics with ed and his catches that boy catches many a day

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 04:09 AM

Mr Ed. Next time you find some good fish be sure and let us know!

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 04:26 PM

Have a blessed Day!!!I put everyone on my HotSpots,then check back with later to see how it went.And if the info was bad they give a hard time.But when they catch there biggest fish.I give them hard time.My point is we always share info without any care to who ever.If I can help someone out I will.This spot has been hammered for over a month.The water is dropping quick so now was the time to release a little info.We are losing almost a quarter of a foot every few days according to the core of engineere lake levels.The Crappie are also in there thick,but scattered.The night bite is working good though.Peace Be with you my brother.

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 05:21 PM

Have a blessed Day!!!I put everyone on my HotSpots,then check back with later to see how it went.And if the info was bad they give a hard time.But when they catch there biggest fish.I give them hard time.My point is we always share info without any care to who ever.If I can help someone out I will.This spot has been hammered for over a month.The water is dropping quick so now was the time to release a little info.We are losing almost a quarter of a foot every few days according to the core of engineere lake levels.The Crappie are also in there thick,but scattered.The night bite is working good though.Peace Be with you my brother.

Then you need to disclose this. Next time someone for whatever reason begins to tell you something like a location of this nature you should stop and let them know that you are gonna shpew it all over the internet and to anyone who will listen. After they know that if they wanna continue its their bad. In theory there are some codes to sharing info. Basically how to act like a proper person. I still think your intent was spitefull. The way you worked in the part about the pb by the ramp had nothing to do with anything you did. That was just moronic. The internet ruins spots, it ruins lakes. It's bad enough with a few of the youtube clowns and our local tv personality puking up stuff, waypoints etc. Potlickers don't need any more help than they already get.

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 05:28 PM

Have a Blessed Day Sir.You are in my Heart.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 05:33 PM

popcorn

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 05:36 PM

A hunch a Big One is Spawning there over at the Dam.The only to find is Fish it.So yes I will give a shot.Peace out my brother's. I'm just soul who's intentions are good.Oh lord Please don't let me be misunderstood.

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 05:42 PM

I'm just Soul who's intentions are Good.Oh Lord Please don't let me be misunderstood.You guys are killing me.You think these spots are your spots.Last time I checked it was a public Lake.So I will always give out info,maybe did it the not according to how you gentlemen would do it.But Free your mind free yourself.Lets just go fishing.I will be at the Dam today in my tube.FISH ON BROTHER'S GOOD LUCK.PB 11.2 Back in mustang behind the old railroad bridge when it had water.
Posted By: FockeWulfFw190

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 09:26 PM

edvidales, your a real dbag. Maybe you should have retired from fishing before you decided to spot blast Dan's valuable information that he spent years learning all over the internet. I agree with everyone else that commented on here saying that you should have just kept that spot to yourself. RIP Benbrook angel2

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 09:59 PM

you're entitled to your own opinion and I respect that. happy fishing to you my brother.

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 10:03 PM

I'm fixing to go fishing at Baja does anybody want to go? I'll show you some of my spots.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 10:21 PM

It's fine to help others, a lot of people do it all the time.

But, (and this will hurt some people's feelings) there are a lot of people who frequent internet fishing forums that lurk to get "spots" or areas to fish. They are either too lazy or do not know how to find fish on their own. Helping your fellow fisherman out would be teaching them what to look for to find their own fish, which if they ever "get it" they will end up in areas of other people who can find fish.

Blasting details shared with you one on one by someone who knew about a particular area on the net, for what seems to be a small area, can likely be detrimental to that area. That's not helping those that want to learn, that is feeding lazy spongers...

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/19/17 10:56 PM

Doug you're right 1000%. I never thought of it that way. I did not mean to give Dan's spot up just like that.Even if I caught those fish a lot farther than a boat could cross, that was wrong. I can see now how people can take that.Everybody who knows me or fish's with me knows I go up to Creek farther than anybody they know. I even got a personal text message from a friend of mine.He told me straight up that's my Creek dude why'd you give out that secret.He said catch a13 pound of first then you can tell everybody.So to everybody,I'm very sorry I gave out this information.And please Dan if you read this please forgive me. I've walked the bank for 35 years of my life at Benbrook so I do know a little bit about finding them this time of the year. so everybody the Fish are shallow go find them.Peace Out.Have a Blessed Sunday everyone.Pm if you want go with me to Richardson Sleugh.I'm taking my mountain Bike,1 rod and backpack.I got 3 days of vacation and plan to go back there.GoodLuck Everyone.

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/20/17 12:08 AM

We see you, almost 2000 views get your prize..... almost forgot god bless
Posted By: Neches

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/20/17 01:33 AM

Then you need to disclose this. Next time someone for whatever reason begins to tell you something like a location of this nature you should stop and let them know that you are gonna shpew it all over the internet and to anyone who will listen. After they know that if they wanna continue its their bad. In theory there are some codes to sharing info. Basically how to act like a proper person. I still think your intent was spitefull. The way you worked in the part about the pb by the ramp had nothing to do with anything you did. That was just moronic. The internet ruins spots, it ruins lakes. It's bad enough with a few of the youtube clowns and our local tv personality puking up stuff, waypoints etc. Potlickers don't need any more help than they already get.
Great post whatsaweighin
Posted By: lconn4

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/20/17 02:13 AM

I just don't understand how some folks can get so upset over someone that was just trying to help other fisherman catch a fish. loco
Posted By: John Peebles

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/20/17 03:24 AM

While you may have just been trying to help other fishermen, you probably did more harm than good. Do you think the person who gave you the info is still gonna be as willing to help the next stranger? Probably not
From my personal experience, I've posted a few fishing reports on here in the past, and have later gotten multiple pm's asking where and how and on what? I gave them some pretty specific info because I wanted them to have a good trip and catch a few fish, all I asked in return was a report on how they did. You know how many reports I got back......zero.
Now I understand why most of the guys that are out there finding their own fish don't give out any info....too many dbags looking for someone else to do the work.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/20/17 01:05 PM

popcorn2 de popcorn2

Side Note: I still say he caught some nice fish.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/20/17 01:13 PM

lol benbrook is a lot like lake arlington people bad mouth it till people are catching big fish then everyone loves it...
Posted By: AgSellers04

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/20/17 01:16 PM

Basically how to act like a proper person. I still think your intent was spitefull. The way you worked in the part about the pb by the ramp had nothing to do with anything you did. That was just moronic. The internet ruins spots, it ruins lakes. It's bad enough with a few of the youtube clowns and our local tv personality puking up stuff, waypoints etc. Potlickers don't need any more help than they already get.

This is a bit harsh and over the top. I don't see anything wrong with what Ed did here. He shared a good trip and meant no harm. Those spots are no secret to anyone. Some of you crybabies look for any excuse to run somebody down for trying to be nice. Nothing is going to be ruined.

If the internet ruins spots and ruins lakes, why would you contribute so much to this forum instead of just leaving it alone?
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/20/17 01:28 PM

The only reason I clicked on this thread was because it was 3 pages long, meaning it probably had some butthurt drama. And I've got plenty of popcorn. If whatsaweighin and the like hadn't chimed in, even if they are right, the thread would have gone softly into the night.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/20/17 02:27 PM

So the moral to the story is we really shouldn't recommend a great place to stay, a great place to eat, a good launch site, or even the best way to navigate a lake as everyone should have to find out the old fashion way. We want everyone to have a great time on their fishing trip, we just don't want them to catch any fish. roflmao bolt
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/20/17 02:32 PM

I talked to Geno at the Benbrook marina yesterday and he said they collected are new record amount of boat launch permit fees over the weekend and wondered what was going on. noidea peep
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/20/17 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: lconn4
So the moral to the story is we really shouldn't recommend a great place to stay, a great place to eat, a good launch site, or even the best way to navigate a lake as everyone should have to find out the old fashion way. We want everyone to have a great time on their fishing trip, we just don't want them to catch any fish. roflmao bolt

Or...

Use the pm function. I've given plenty of detailed info and received plenty of detailed info by pm. Don't just put it out there.
Posted By: 361V

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/20/17 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: GROD
Yes, my dad (Dan) is a very nice and helpful person no doubt and he obviously gave you some key information... (We fish that lake a lot) This body of water tends to fish smaller this time of year and it's not a big lake (especially when low) Not to mention I would go on a limb to say it's one of the toughest lakes in the area to get a bite at times, especially if one doesn't fish it very often. This is the reason it doesn't get much pressure (normally) and the same handful of guys fish it routinely. This all being said, in the future if someone gives you some key detailed information, by all means use it and enjoy your trip, but maybe ask yourself if the nice man who gave you the detailed information he has spent countless years/days/hours on the water gaining, would want to share it with everyone... nonetheless though I'm glad you caught some good fish and had a blessed day.
This response by GROD was very classy. Spoke with grace, got in the needed underlying "dig" or opinion about what had taken place. All with dignity. Your family is the only ones that can judge if somebody was taken advantage of or not. Good job! The rest of us are just wallowing in the mud with no more class than who we are calling out and always needing to get the last word. Ron White: "I had the right to remain silent.......but I didn't have the ability".
Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/20/17 02:48 PM

The backs of those creeks this time of the year are no secret. Every time I have gone up in them during the spawn, there are one or two boats coming out as I am going in and one or two going in as I am coming out....
Posted By: Adam Resendez

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/20/17 03:49 PM

ha ha ha yep, it was Dan
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: The Three Creeks I Fished this week at Benbrook - 03/20/17 05:51 PM

Those are some big ones!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum