Texas Fishing Forum

Questions about Caddo

Posted By: Traveling East

Questions about Caddo - 03/15/17 12:20 AM

I am coming to Caddo this weekend and was wondering if any of you might be able to tell me a few things if you don't mind.
Is the spawn still on or is it over?
What is the water temp lately?
Is fishing better on the river or the open lake?
Are they hitting on frogs?
Thanks for any help you might be willing to give.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Questions about Caddo - 03/15/17 12:56 AM

I responded to ur pm. Enjoy the lake. It will be packed Saturday as 100 boat deal out there
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: Questions about Caddo - 03/16/17 11:45 AM

What tournament is being held there and where are they launching? I was planning a trip there also for the 18th.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Questions about Caddo - 03/16/17 12:25 PM

H&W marine tourney. They will weigh in at Earl G but can launch anywhere. They had almost 90 boats at their first tourney of the year so I'd expect at least that many with how the lake is fishing.

Re: Questions about Caddo - 03/16/17 12:39 PM

Thanks Rudy.

What time is weigh in?

Re: Questions about Caddo - 03/16/17 01:39 PM

What time is weigh in? Might try another lake early and Caddo after weigh in.

Re: Questions about Caddo - 03/16/17 01:51 PM

Umm I don't know off hand. I would guess it starts around 3 but being a trailer event might go til 4 or so? Our club was going to have 35 boats and use Earl G but decided against it.
Posted By: hoodat92

Re: Questions about Caddo - 03/16/17 10:47 PM

They must stop fishing at 3 and be in the weigh in line by 4. I'm guessing there will be between 125-150 boats in this one based on the 3 sacks close to 30 lbs that were weighed in last week from Caddo for the Fishing Frenzy tourney.So, after 3 you'll have the lake to yourself.

Re: Questions about Caddo - 03/17/17 02:48 AM

Thanks.

Re: Questions about Caddo - 03/20/17 12:42 PM

Put in on the 43 ramp, no excessive traffic on river, boats must have been in La.

Re: Questions about Caddo - 03/20/17 12:55 PM

They were allowed to trailer so not sure how many went up all the way to the River. 19lbs won it which was kinda surprising considering the big sacks coming out of it the last 3 weeks.

How'd you do??
Posted By: mudd

Re: Questions about Caddo - 03/20/17 04:18 PM

4.28 cut a check! Lol.
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Questions about Caddo - 03/20/17 07:16 PM

So it's not fishing good right now ?
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Questions about Caddo - 03/20/17 07:26 PM

I was born on Caddo and it may be the most hit and miss lake I have ever seen. I have probably zeroed more times there than anywhere. There is so much that is unusual about it. Boat docks on the river where the water is 2 feet deep on the back posts, 22 feet on the front. Every spot, every patch of weeds, and every cypress tree on the lake looks fishy. Where do you start?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum