Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!!

Posted By: AgSellers04

Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/08/17 03:27 PM

You may have seen the pic of my dad and I from Falcon last week each catching our first double digit bass down at Falcon. I put together this video that shows a lot of the fish we caught on the trip. All together we caught about 150 fish on our trip including Dad's DD at 10 lb. 5 oz. and my DD at 11 lb. 7 oz. Dad's was the very first fish of the trip on Sunday after only being on the water 15 minutes. Mine was Wednesday and as you'll see, it was windy as heck and I almost fell off the boat pulling her in. We called it a day after that. This was an unbelievable trip for my dad and I to both catch our 1st DD bass with 60 years of combined bass fishing experience for it all to happen in a three day span.

Lots of little fish mixed in there but we caught around a dozen or so over 5 lbs. C-Rigs, T-Rigs, and Shakyheads were most productive and if we weren't bumping, grinding, digging, dragging, or knocking on rock or wood we weren't getting bit.

Since nobody wants to watch the whole video, at least check out the 18-20 minute mark and the end of the video.

Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/08/17 03:46 PM

Congrats. to you both on a super trip. Thanks for sharing.
Donald
Posted By: Walls

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/08/17 03:51 PM

Congratulations to you both! Great trip.
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/08/17 04:00 PM

cheers
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/08/17 04:07 PM

Nice couple of mules!
Posted By: SkeeterEater

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/08/17 04:14 PM

awesome!! Congrats!
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/08/17 04:24 PM

Looks like you almost had to send dad swimming for a questionable net job. roflmao All is well that ends well though. Cool video. Congrats on the beast!

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/08/17 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Jpurdue
Looks like you almost had to send dad swimming for a questionable net job. roflmao All is well that ends well though. Cool video. Congrats on the beast!

Dad's net work was flawless, my footing was not so much. 35 mph wind and 2 foot rollers make it hard to stand up especially with a very angry giant fish on the line. There was no one on the TM with Dad on the net either so the boat was adrift in that mess. If that fish had took a run we'd have been screwed. I didn't give her time for that.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/08/17 04:37 PM

cheers good times and fish, thanks for sharing your adventure and memories peep
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/08/17 04:53 PM

That's awesome and congrats on a memory with your dad that will last forever! Your lack of reaction when you put that 11+ in the net was hilarious. I would have been screaming and doing the [censored] [censored] dance on the boat. That's how I was when I landed my only DD.
Posted By: Fisherdad58

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/08/17 05:47 PM

Yeah that net job was a little scary. She did a little tail dance right at the net and dove under the boat so I had to pull back. I was surprised how quick he got her back up. The whole thing went quick. That wind was blowing us right into the trees.
Posted By: ThatOneBigKid

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/08/17 09:42 PM

That's about as good as a trip can get. Congrats to you and your dad in DD fish.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/08/17 10:24 PM

Falcon lives!!!

Props on the killer fish fellas.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/09/17 01:20 AM

thumb
Posted By: Raul Perez

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/09/17 03:34 PM

Glad you guys had a blast at falcon and thanks for sharing the video!

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/10/17 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris G
That's awesome and congrats on a memory with your dad that will last forever! Your lack of reaction when you put that 11+ in the net was hilarious. I would have been screaming and doing the [censored] [censored] dance on the boat. That's how I was when I landed my only DD.

I am a man of few words and little emotion. Haha.
Posted By: Fisherdad58

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/10/17 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris G

Did you notice his sig. He is no stranger to trophy size fish. I think that one was most significant though.

Seriously though I think at the point of landing one like that, aside from the shock, for us the main concern was for taking care of the fish with careful handling and getting it back in the water ASAP. Then you get excited.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Falcon Lake Feb 26 - Mar 3. Two New DD Club Members!!! - 03/10/17 10:19 PM

Enjoyed the video! Congrats on the nice fish! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum