Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer

Posted By: SkeeterTZX

Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/05/17 07:52 PM

I'm in the market for a new boat. I'm looking for a reputable skeeter dealer that you would recommend. I'm in the Austin area and plan on checking out south austin marine but would like other options as well. I don't mind traveling a few hours away for the right deal. Also, how much should I expect a dealer to come off on the price of a new boat?
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/05/17 08:08 PM

Texas Boat World is close to you. And Bourne Marine is a great one down South.
Hope it helps bud.
Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/05/17 08:10 PM

Texas Boat World X2
Posted By: stanh

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/05/17 08:14 PM

Probably several good dealers within your range. FWIW, Fain and Lance at Fun N Sun, Hurst, TX have treated me with great service before and after I bought a boat there. I recommend them. Call me and I'll share my thoughts- if you care to know.

Stan
817-846-6253
Posted By: FX Dreamweaver

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/05/17 08:24 PM

Fun and Sun. Great guys to deal with.
Posted By: FXfromTx

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/05/17 08:44 PM

Plano Marine. A few days ago there was a great looking 2015 fx21 demo on their website with 100 hours. They have quite a few brand new 2015, 2016 and 2017 models. I personally have never bought from them, but know 3 people that have and all had nothing but great things to say. I got a heck of a deal on my new fx20 in November but I also drove 2300 miles round trip to get it from N&C marine in Martin, Georgia.
Posted By: SkeeterTZX

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/05/17 09:04 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll check out all of them. How much were you all able to negotiate the selling price of your boat purchases?
Posted By: wtf242

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/05/17 09:06 PM

i'm looking to buy my first bass boat in the austin area too. I went by south austin marine and looked at their stock. They have some nice boats. i was kind of turned off though when I said i wanted an ultrex instead of the pre-installed fortrex and the sales manager told me to sell the fortrex on craigslist and installl and buy the ultrex myself.

I want an 2017 fx20 with hummingbird electronics and an ultrex with 2 power poles. I don't want to have to sell stuff on craigslist and install everything myself...

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/05/17 09:29 PM

Honestly. I think you're going to find that most all the dealers above are going to be about the same on price of brand new skeeters. They are all good reputable skeeter dealers. Adding extras is where they may come in a little different. But each dealer may have some different demo boats in stock that could be a great buy for someone looking for a new boat at a lower price.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/05/17 09:33 PM

Diamond Sports Marine at Fork now sells Skeeters,..call Fred, he's always been a great guy with my Ranger.

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/05/17 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterTZX
I'm in the market for a new boat. I'm looking for a reputable skeeter dealer that you would recommend. I'm in the Austin area and plan on checking out south austin marine but would like other options as well. I don't mind traveling a few hours away for the right deal. Also, how much should I expect a dealer to come off on the price of a new boat?

If you are willing to drive a few hours, Fun N Sun would be your best bet. Was in there the other day and Monte has a ton of skeeters in stock.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/05/17 09:45 PM

You will have a tough time beating Fun N Sun and Diamond Sports
Posted By: JerryC

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/06/17 01:22 AM

The guys at Boerne Marine are great and excellent service department
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/06/17 01:28 AM

Ditto on Bourne Marine. Even though I use them for service only I would highly recommend them. FYI they also carry Phoenix now.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/06/17 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By: JerryC
The guys at Boerne Marine are great and excellent service department

Ken Parker is worth the drive!
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/06/17 02:08 AM

Don't forget Ken Parker at Boerne Marine!
Posted By: SeniorChiefUSN

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/06/17 02:14 AM

Another vote for Monte at Fun-n-Sun in Hurst.
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/06/17 02:30 AM

Ken takes care of his customers. Their rigging work is excellent with fine attention to detail.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/06/17 02:34 AM

F&S.... thumb remarkable service and friendship. That last one is top dog for me. Jeff, Monroe, and Lance are as good as it gets. cheer
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/06/17 02:57 AM

My vote is for Plano Marine just because they've always treated me with excellent customer service and they make me feel welcome while I'm there.
Posted By: DUTCHY

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/06/17 03:08 AM

Don't go to South Austin, try Boerne Marine first.
Posted By: Cast_Away

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/06/17 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
My vote is for Plano Marine just because they've always treated me with excellent customer service and they make me feel welcome while I'm there.

Same for me. Always great customer service.
Posted By: Hoghunter36

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/06/17 04:37 AM

Fun n sun they are great people and do so much for our youth . Not to mention they sponsor quite a few adult tournaments. I am about to buy a new boat myself and I will definitely be going there!
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/06/17 05:15 AM

Texas boat world is excellent
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/06/17 05:35 AM

go to Fun N Sun... you may find yourself in a Phoenix instead. don't be afraid to check them out. I'm pretty damn impressed with the boat! I fished with Climer all day in his and it's freaking nice! great ride, comfort, and speed. I love my 21 I-class, too- don't get me wrong smile I hate the POS trailer they put under it!
Posted By: hookedon

Re: Looking for a reputable skeeter dealer - 03/06/17 01:13 PM

Give Chris Knight and his Team at Nautical Mile Marine in Flint a shot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum