Texas Fishing Forum

Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld

Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/28/17 04:36 PM

Well Bill's show was on Fairfield today. He smoked them. Assume Fairfield will be packed now.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/28/17 04:40 PM

Has been for a while
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/28/17 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx
Has been for a while

30 boats is not "crowded" on Fairfield, unless you only know the intake, discharge, or more recently the ramps as areas to catch fish.

Maybe all the "video nomads" and will have left Monticello and Athens, to go to Fairfield. Now the other "Yuotubers" will show up to get there 15 seconds of fame.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/28/17 11:12 PM

Funny....non of these "YouTube" bandits have caught one over 18". Lol. A monkey can catch bass on that lake.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/29/17 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Funny....non of these "YouTube" bandits have caught one over 18". Lol. A monkey can catch bass on that lake.

They call themselves Googans. Regardless of whether or not they can fish or teach anything they have hoards of subs watching and they're making a small fortune on YouTube and now on Instagram as influencers. I may not get it but I respect their hustle and the platforms they've built. Just not sure who the viewers are.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/29/17 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

You should do some videos too Steez
Posted By: John Stockman

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/29/17 03:39 AM

Man this is cracking me up. Did y'all see that kayak guy talking about 15-17in fish. Get out of here, what is that?
Posted By: Kyle405

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/29/17 12:48 PM

LunkersTV has been fishing Fairfield for over 4 years. At least he doesn't put the Name of the lakes on his videos as a respect to the "locals" so the lakes don't get flooded with boats.

He definitely catches fish over 18 inches lol

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/29/17 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Kyle405
LunkersTV has been fishing Fairfield for over 4 years. At least he doesn't put the Name of the lakes on his videos as a respect to the "locals" so the lakes don't get flooded with boats.

To be clear I wasn't disrespecting any of the YouTube crowd. Additionally putting the name of the lake you're fishing isn't a crime and the whole notion that "locals" on a lake have any more rights to the water is ridiculous. HH's entire premise is about visiting Texas lakes and providing information on that lake and how it's fishing at a given time.

We can't help that people watch the show, educate themselves and then want to go apply it on the local lake.
Posted By: perrypogue

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/29/17 01:35 PM

'Not Disrespecting' ... have to call BS on that. 'A monkey can catch them' .. really. 'You wonder who would watch those shows?' Sounds like a lot of disrespect coming from this group of TFF pro's.

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/29/17 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: perrypogue
'Not Disrespecting' ... have to call BS on that. 'A monkey can catch them' .. really. 'You wonder who would watch those shows?' Sounds like a lot of disrespect coming from this group of TFF pro's.

I didn't make either of those comments. Maybe reread the thread again...
Posted By: Kens3313

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/29/17 02:10 PM

I did decent other day on fairfield, was my first time being there. Guess ima monkey too then. But sure was fun being a monkey.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/29/17 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Jones
Originally Posted By: Kyle405

To be clear I wasn't disrespecting any of the YouTube crowd. Additionally putting the name of the lake you're fishing isn't a crime and the whole notion that "locals" on a lake have any more rights to the water is ridiculous. HH's entire premise is about visiting Texas lakes and providing information on that lake and how it's fishing at a given time.

We can't help that people watch the show, educate themselves and then want to go apply it on the local lake.

Isn't it ironic that when a show is shown on a public access local lake people complain and then when Bill Dance fishes his private lakes people complain. Can't win. I enjoy almost all the videos and shows on fishing. I'd rather start a youtube or vimeo feed on fishing than watch the other junk on tv. All is appreciated in my house.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/29/17 02:44 PM

I do believe that bassfishermen are the biggest babies there are. Whine & cry on everything....that seems to be a norm. I like to see most of the videos that pertains to bass fishing. If I decide not to watch it, I don't. And for the locals, get over it if you see someone fishing and videoing "your lake". This sport is about enjoying the outdoors, spreading knowledge and sharing experiences with friends and family or whomever wants to subscribe and view your stuff, and catching some fish along the way. Don't you want everyone to be a success while on the water? We live in such an immature society!

cry cry cry Good cryin', Okie cry cry cry
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/29/17 02:49 PM

popcorn (you knew it was coming as soon as this thread took off)
Posted By: mcb

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/29/17 03:05 PM

I think it's nice just to see it back in good shape!

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/29/17 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: mcb
I think it's nice just to see it back in good shape!

Agreed
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/29/17 09:32 PM

I guess my "monkey" comment was a stretch.

That lake is absolutely FULL of 12-17" bass. So full, that anyone can catch them on just about any lure mankind has to offer for bass fishing. If I wanted to look like a hero, that'd be my lake to make a video on...for sure. I'd rig up some outlandish looking home brew of a lure/technique and "slay 'em".

A few weeks ago I caught em on a top water frog....enough to win a tourney, while dipping the rod and reel into the water to free up the ice! Yep....temps in the 20's and an AWESOME top water bite. I also threw some 10XD's and caught a few over 18"....just wouldn't cull the frog fish. Can also catch them flipping and pitching, rolling spinners, t riggin, Carolina riggin....and on and on. The fish are crazy stupid on that lake. The bigger, older fish...not so much.

Go to a tourney there and see the number of boats. And then watch the weigh in and hear the story's. "Man...I must have caught 50 fish...just couldn't get one to stretch". Hear it and see it all the time.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/29/17 09:49 PM

We went for a few hours yesterday and the water had cooled off quite a bit
Posted By: fishinlance

Re: Honey Hole- Lake Fairfileld - 01/30/17 12:03 AM

I went today and I just laughed at all the chatter baits that was slinging around so Bill they are watching your show lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum