Texas Fishing Forum

Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane

Posted By: Mark Perry

Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane - 01/27/17 04:08 AM

https://www.facebook.com/russ.lane.9/videos/1303396989710908/
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane - 01/27/17 04:11 AM

Too bad he wasn't thinking quick enough to press the thumb bar. That guy needed a prop shaft full of fishing line for that move
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane - 01/27/17 04:15 AM

Oh dang!
Posted By: lodell23

Re: Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane - 01/27/17 04:40 AM

The guy who actually ran by Russ commented on the video giving his explanation and apology. Looked like no hard feelings
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane - 01/27/17 04:57 AM

Originally Posted By: lodell23
The guy who actually ran by Russ commented on the video giving his explanation and apology. Looked like no hard feelings

Class acts on both guys parts.
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane - 01/27/17 12:55 PM

Must have been using Vanish line.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane - 01/27/17 01:03 PM

roflmao
Posted By: 9094

Re: Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane - 01/27/17 01:10 PM

I have had this happen to me but the guy was so close I dropped my rod and dove for the bottom of the boat.
He acted like a tough guy when I caught up with him but did pay for my rod and reel.
He also went and loaded up and didn't finish the tourney. I guess he was afraid I was going to make a complaint to the TD.
Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Re: Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane - 01/27/17 01:10 PM

FC Sniper would have snatched that boat out of the water.
Posted By: I'm The Dude

Re: Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane - 01/27/17 01:39 PM

The guy went on Lanes FB page and apologized. Apparently the lake/channel gets pretty tight right there due to large stumps. I think he should have at least idled, but whatever.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane - 01/27/17 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: GarySHO
Must have been using Vanish line.

My first thought as well when it broke off easily! roflmao
Posted By: buda13

Re: Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane - 01/27/17 02:23 PM

I had something similar happen to me on Lewisville... I tried to tell the guy what was happening and he just gave me a f you look and kept going, so I hit the thumb bar and let him have every bit of line on my reel. smile
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane - 01/27/17 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13
I had something similar happen to me on Lewisville... I tried to tell the guy what was happening and he just gave me a f you look and kept going, so I hit the thumb bar and let him have every bit of line on my reel. smile

cheers
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane - 01/27/17 02:31 PM

I knew a guy that did that and he pulled over 100 yards of braided line onto his prop and up into his shaft. It locked his lower unit down and cost him about $1300 in repairs.
Posted By: RCarter

Re: Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane - 01/27/17 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy
FC Sniper would have snatched that boat out of the water.

X2
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Boat takes crankbait from Russ Lane - 01/27/17 03:28 PM

I was fishing the old railroad bed up Buck Creek with Lindy Roberts on Ray Roberts back in maybe 1991 or 1992. A guy started coming down the road bed at full throttle. We were along side the road bed Carolina Rig fishing. Lindy said something like can you believe this guy, reached down and picked up a spinning rod and threw the bait out just as he was about to pass us. The line caught is the guys prop, Lindy must have backed off the drag because we heard the reel singing as the line was peeled of. It reached the end of the spool and SNAP, the line broke (don't know if it was Vanish or not).

He just put the rod down, picked up his Carolina Rig and started fishing. Mumbled something that sounded like A** H***. Caught a bunch of fish that day!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum