Texas Fishing Forum

1 and Done

Posted By: Thecrankster

1 and Done - 01/17/17 08:18 PM

What 1 thing if you took a year and learned that one thing would change your bass fishing forever
Posted By: 5Redman8

Re: 1 and Done - 01/17/17 08:21 PM

Swimbaits
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: 1 and Done - 01/17/17 08:28 PM

Electronics
Posted By: Kevin D.

Re: 1 and Done - 01/17/17 09:01 PM

Having more time to fish.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: 1 and Done - 01/17/17 10:09 PM

One year of fishing just one lake only; will change everything.
- First 6 months to find the best 3 shallow water bites.
- 3 months to find every bush, stump and rock between there and the second drop from those 3 spots. Start your search from 15 ft. to the shallows
- 3 months to find the Bass's deep water comfort zones from the mid-range spots. Start your search from 30 ft. to the 15 ft. mid-range spots. Look for the steepest drops along the creek channel swings and bends.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: 1 and Done - 01/17/17 10:42 PM

Learning to fish offshore better. I'm good at it but there's always room for improvement.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: 1 and Done - 01/17/17 10:43 PM

I second the electronics with offshore a close second.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: 1 and Done - 01/17/17 10:51 PM

I'd have to say electroncis. I was good offshore when all we had were paper graphs and flashers years back. Not as good as I should be with modern electrices.

I work for a technology company, you'd think I would be much better. I am much better at installing and networking Lowrance than I am using them. I installed and set up the spotlight scan transducer on my trolling motor. But I don't really use it that much

I think in the off periods between BFL tournaments this year I am going to run my side scan and down scan much more than I do an try to get better using it and fish more offshore.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: 1 and Done - 01/18/17 12:33 AM

Learning how to read a new (or even old) lake.

It would have been electronics but I went from so-so with them to pretty good after devoting big parts of my trips to just driving around and using electronics, not even picking up a rod.
Posted By: toddfish

Re: 1 and Done - 01/18/17 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Learning how to read a new (or even old) lake.

It would have been electronics but I went from so-so with them to pretty good after devoting big parts of my trips to just driving around and using electronics, not even picking up a rod.
I second this ^^
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: 1 and Done - 01/18/17 12:43 AM

Organizing my tackle to where I could find everything
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: 1 and Done - 01/18/17 05:38 PM

Fishing offshore
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: 1 and Done - 01/19/17 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
One year of fishing just one lake only; will change everything.
- First 6 months to find the best 3 shallow water bites.
- 3 months to find every bush, stump and rock between there and the second drop from those 3 spots. Start your search from 15 ft. to the shallows
- 3 months to find the Bass's deep water comfort zones from the mid-range spots. Start your search from 30 ft. to the 15 ft. mid-range spots. Look for the steepest drops along the creek channel swings and bends.
Why not ask for one lifetime?
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: 1 and Done - 01/19/17 04:40 PM

Electronics and offshore which to me kind of go hand in hand.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: 1 and Done - 01/19/17 05:06 PM

One of the biggest things I need to get upgraded is my rig.

New boat! (well newer)
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: 1 and Done - 01/19/17 08:13 PM

Electronics......if you fish where the fish aren't.....you'll never do well...
Posted By: ETxRT

Re: 1 and Done - 01/20/17 11:04 AM

Motorguide Xi5! The anchor mode keeps me from fighting the TV and allows me to concentrate on fishing and not the TM.
Posted By: Chuck A

Re: 1 and Done - 01/20/17 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By: SAKS
I second the electronics with offshore a close second.

I agree. Plus I think if I could utilize my electronics the offshore confidence would follow.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum