Texas Fishing Forum

Strongest, Smallest Joining Knot for Braid to Leader!

Posted By: ChrisPowellFishing

Strongest, Smallest Joining Knot for Braid to Leader! - 01/13/17 05:33 PM

In this video I show the viewers a joining knot that I have had great success with. When tied properly the knot is more than strong enough for jarring hook sets, and boat flipping fish! Yet slender and small enough to fit through the smallest of micro guides! I hope the viewers can take something from this video and apply it the next time they are out on the water! To see more videos like this click the subscribe button! Share it with your friends! These videos are intended to help people understand the sport we love better!!
Posted By: dr14

Re: Strongest, Smallest Joining Knot for Braid to Leader! - 01/13/17 10:12 PM

Good explanation on how to tie it, been using Alberto but like the smaller diameter of this knot.
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Strongest, Smallest Joining Knot for Braid to Leader! - 01/13/17 10:43 PM

Thanks for the video. I'm going to use this knot and see how it goes.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Strongest, Smallest Joining Knot for Braid to Leader! - 01/14/17 04:43 AM

Thanks looks fairly simple.
Posted By: sheaown

Re: Strongest, Smallest Joining Knot for Braid to Leader! - 01/14/17 04:54 AM

Check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjzUb5QRKuk
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Strongest, Smallest Joining Knot for Braid to Leader! - 01/14/17 03:21 PM

That is a neat looking knot, I may try to tie it while I am at home preparing my equipment, out on the water fishing a tourney I think I think I will stick with the Crazy Alberto knot.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Strongest, Smallest Joining Knot for Braid to Leader! - 01/14/17 03:49 PM

Crazy Alberto for me
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Strongest, Smallest Joining Knot for Braid to Leader! - 01/14/17 04:04 PM

Just my opinion, but I can't envision trying to tie that knot (FG knot) on the deck of a boat in Texas. Especially with the wind blowing. That is one of the reasons I tie the Alberto. I can tie it with no problems while running the trolling motor in Texas wind.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Strongest, Smallest Joining Knot for Braid to Leader! - 01/14/17 09:21 PM

I tried it 3 times last night and did not get it right and I agree with Frank, it would be terrible trying to tie it in the boat when it is windy even if you have spot lock on the T/M. LOL I will stick with the Alberto.
Posted By: M.Matthews U.S.N. 1963-1967

Re: Strongest, Smallest Joining Knot for Braid to Leader! - 01/14/17 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
Just my opinion, but I can't envision trying to tie that knot (FG knot) on the deck of a boat in Texas. Especially with the wind blowing. That is one of the reasons I tie the Alberto. I can tie it with no problems while running the trolling motor in Texas wind.

I feel the same way, wind blowing and the temperature in the 30s !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum