https://waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/individual/ray-roberts
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Ray Roberts at its lowest? - 01/11/17 07:37 PM

another good reference link

Lake Levels
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Ray Roberts at its lowest? - 01/11/17 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: David Burton

It got real low, I remember looking at the shore line going up into Indian.
The bank was black, looked like a grass fire for at least 30 foot up the bank everywhere...
It wasn't a fire, it was dried up hydrilla, burnt up from the exposure.. It was a sad sight.
Many of the huge brush piles were exposed too, some are huge.. To bad I didn't have a gps back then..
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Ray Roberts at its lowest? - 01/11/17 08:01 PM

2000 was full pool, I had just gotten my boat and lake was full.

I think it was 1999.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Ray Roberts at its lowest? - 01/11/17 09:43 PM

It was either 1999-2000 when they dropped the lake to make repairs to the damn and I think it was like 20-25' low. There were parts of Indian creek (the actual creek) exposed plus I remember the banks lined with the grass too, was s very sad sight
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: Ray Roberts at its lowest? - 01/11/17 09:50 PM

I love when the lake is down, you learn so much about what you were fishing when it was up. Problem is you have to re-idle all your runs as so much more timber comes in to play.
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Ray Roberts at its lowest? - 01/11/17 10:06 PM

I have the GPS cords of all 70 brush piles on Ray Bob. If you send me your email address I will try to get the spread sheet email to you. it will take me a couple of days to get them to you.
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Ray Roberts at its lowest? - 01/11/17 10:10 PM

Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Ray Roberts at its lowest? - 01/12/17 12:55 AM

I don't remember the year either but did several long bank walking trips up in Indian both sides of the bridge when it was way way down. Didn't catch a lot but it was pretty cool seeing all the drops, underwater beaver structure, rocks, a few piles of junk metal, etc Only remember about 20% of what I saw unfortunately. blush
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Ray Roberts at its lowest? - 01/12/17 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: steve Mbass

Did you graph them all? If so, it's awesome you're willing to share
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Ray Roberts at its lowest? - 01/12/17 03:35 AM

Does anyone remember car cove up in Indian? The old race car shell up there, back in 1999 you could actually see it.
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Ray Roberts at its lowest? - 01/12/17 04:57 AM

I was on the lake at its lowest and its lowest was 17 feet below normal in 2000.
Posted By: furim2

Re: Ray Roberts at its lowest? - 01/12/17 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan
Does anyone remember car cove up in Indian? The old race car shell up there, back in 1999 you could actually see it.

That was the body of a Chevy II Nova street racer. He wrecked it at over 100 mph racing a 'Vette on Hwy 377 by hitting a black cow at night. The Corvette driver, who was leading, never saw the cow.
Mike, the draw down to fix the dam was in '94; '99 was just draw down. And Hysmith said you couldn't kill hydrilla. He also wouldn't admit we lost our fish that year. LMB virus?
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Ray Roberts at its lowest? - 01/12/17 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225
I was on the lake at its lowest and its lowest was 17 feet below normal in 2000.

That had to be like January 2017, I remember ducking hunting and it rained crazy and all the lakes came up.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum