Texas Fishing Forum

Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More!

Posted By: ChrisPowellFishing

Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/11/17 04:03 PM

In this video I show the viewers a different way to find spawning flats, creek channels, road beds, and a lot more of bass holding structure! This can also be a super helpful tool while learning a new lake or just finding a hidden honey hole on your home waters! I hope the viewers learn something from this helpful video! That's what this channel is all about giving you a better understanding of the sport we love!! Thanks for watching and subscribe to see more videos like this!

Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/11/17 04:33 PM

Very excited to see this one when I get off work
Posted By: Poboy K.

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/11/17 04:40 PM

Me too.
Posted By: MadFluker

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/11/17 06:34 PM

I did this for lake Palestine (kickapoo creek) it was very cool and helpful
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/11/17 09:51 PM

Good tip, Thanks for the videos.
Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/11/17 11:13 PM

Good info.

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/12/17 12:49 AM

So I run home and get all giddy pulling up Athens, and it doesn't have a 2011 image. frown 10/2012 is as close as it gets and while it shows some things, nothing like you showed
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/12/17 01:03 AM

No fish up that way on sam rayburn

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/12/17 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris_K
So I run home and get all giddy pulling up Athens, and it doesn't have a 2011 image. frown 10/2012 is as close as it gets and while it shows some things, nothing like you showed

Athens is a spring fed lake, meaning most of the year it has clear water runing in to it. In 2011 It only drop about 5ft when other lakes around it drop around 7-10ft some more more than others, exposing all everything you saw on the map. Hope that helps.

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/12/17 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: MadFluker
I did this for lake Palestine (kickapoo creek) it was very cool and helpful

That's the way I learned it! Thanks for watching!

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/12/17 12:04 PM

Good tip, Thanks for the videos.[/quote] [quote=redskeet100]
Thanks for watching!
Posted By: Do-Nothin

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/12/17 02:48 PM

Good Video! I started doing this about 4 months ago, GREAT tool!

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/12/17 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Do-Nothin
Good Video! I started doing this about 4 months ago, GREAT tool!

It's an excellent tool! It offers so much information. It's great for learning unfamiliar waters, finding new honey holes, and so much more!! I appreciate you watching!
Posted By: mysticslobra

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/12/17 04:50 PM

Thanks for the video!
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/12/17 08:06 PM

It has it's limitations. It only shows imagery when it has been updated. Google earth does not update every year so that drought time on Rayburn does not necessarily show on other lakes. I'm just saying don't get too excited. There are other sites you have to use in conjunction with earth.
Posted By: jacksonmj

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/13/17 02:15 AM

Cool video thanks for posting!
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/13/17 03:42 AM

Is there a way to go backwards in time on the phone app?
Posted By: Kiss88

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/13/17 02:49 PM

No. Cant use the history time line on iphone or ipad
Posted By: PlanoTom

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/13/17 04:22 PM

Thanks for posting this tip. I found some really great spots and went to put them in my iPhone Navionics app but I ran into a problem. The Navionics app coordinates were in a different format than the ones that my PC's Google Earth application was showing and I could not enter them. To fix this, I went into the PC app and selected TOOLS=>OPTIONS and in the "Show Lat/Long" settings, click "Degrees, Decimal Minutes."

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/13/17 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: PlanoTom
Thanks for posting this tip. I found some really great spots and went to put them in my iPhone Navionics app but I ran into a problem. The Navionics app coordinates were in a different format than the ones that my PC's Google Earth application was showing and I could not enter them. To fix this, I went into the PC app and selected TOOLS=>OPTIONS and in the "Show Lat/Long" settings, click "Degrees, Decimal Minutes."

Thank you for sharing this. Maybe I should of covered this better in the video. Lol normally I just type in coordinates in my GPS and it's works fine. Thanks everyone for taking the time to watch my videos!!

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/13/17 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishingking
It has it's limitations. It only shows imagery when it has been updated. Google earth does not update every year so that drought time on Rayburn does not necessarily show on other lakes. I'm just saying don't get too excited. There are other sites you have to use in conjunction with earth.

What other sites would you recommend?
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Spawning Flats, Creek Channels, Road Beds, Rock Piles, and More! - 01/14/17 03:05 PM

good info I will give this a try
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum