Texas Fishing Forum

Amistad lodging

Posted By: birddog22

Amistad lodging - 01/09/17 11:20 PM

Could I get some advise on lodging on or around Amistad. Not too interested in Del Rio hotels. I plan on fishing my life away for a week come April. Thanks for the help. Fish on!
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/10/17 12:09 AM

Call river st
Posted By: RCarter

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/10/17 01:57 AM

Lakeview closed.....Angler's bulldozed.....Amistad Lodge still open
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/10/17 01:59 AM

One has to wonder how long Velvicks will last, place is a ghost town. I'd just drive about 30 miles up the rio and camp on the Mexico side.

I forgot to add a OMG

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/10/17 02:31 AM

River St? Also can add box canyon area to my list if any.

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/10/17 02:51 AM

I know there's some trailer houses for rent in Box, I don't know the numbers for them though and I don't remember seeing any numbers posted outside of them. I'll ask my buddy if he knows them, he has a house in Box.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/10/17 02:52 AM

River st rv lodge he has some nice trailers with covered parking decks etc. Tommy is his name. Google it.
Posted By: C130

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/10/17 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
One has to wonder how long Velvicks will last, place is a ghost town. I'd just drive about 30 miles up the rio and camp on the Mexico side.

I forgot to add a OMG

Good idea, then they could visit the Corona club and boys town after a hard day of fishing. roflmao

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/10/17 02:04 PM

Everybody knows the rumors of the house in Mexico up in Zueber bend... I just don't know anybody that can verify the rumor. flush_2
Posted By: charlieecho

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/10/17 02:53 PM

Everybody knows the rumors of the house in Mexico up in Zueber bend... I just don't know anybody that can verify the rumor. flush_2

I know the house but don't know the rumor. Please elaborate !
Posted By: C130

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/10/17 03:18 PM

We used to watch the Mexicans swim across the Rio Grande, climb the fence right next to the Border Patrol crossing, and be in the US in literally a few seconds. It was unbelievable how fast they'd do it and right next to the border crossing. Talk about no border security! I was stationed at Laughlin AFB when we were allowed to go across the border at times, mid 90's. Lots of fights occurred and became too dangerous and I'm sure they aren't allowed to go across now.

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/10/17 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: charlieecho

I know the house but don't know the rumor. Please elaborate !

For real? You don't know???

roflmao my buddy who's owned property there since the lake filled said the rumor he's heard was "love for money" houses (supposedly it's the 3 small cabins to the right of the big house). He might be totally wrong with them really being hunter cabins, but it was funny anyways.
Posted By: Black Dallas

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/11/17 01:06 AM

we stayed at a place called ruthies several times close to rough canyon

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/11/17 02:33 AM

Thanks for the info guys! If any thing else that can be added, please feel free to do so.
Posted By: Chad Miller

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/11/17 10:25 PM

cant go wrong with Tommy @ River St. Lodging. Either that, or call some of the RV parks and see if they have some units for rent. American Mobile Home Estates comes to mind. They have some casitas there that are small, but work. Community bath type deal that never seems to be too crowded. Otherwise, Tommy's gets my vote.
Posted By: Rhino Ranger

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/11/17 10:25 PM

tommy at river street lodging. 830-734-3248 really nice place.

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/13/17 02:11 AM

Chad and Rhino, thank you guys very much! Fish on!
Posted By: big fish2

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/13/17 05:32 AM

When did Anglers get bulldozed ?
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/13/17 01:08 PM

Few weeks ago..
Posted By: hornet527

Re: Amistad lodging - 01/13/17 05:04 PM

i think box canyon trailers number is 432-661-7828
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum