Texas Fishing Forum

Ambush at Presidio

Posted By: N.M,Basser

Ambush at Presidio - 01/07/17 07:51 PM

Details are sketchy but a young man and family were guiding a client and his wife in that region.Their cabin was robbed yesterday and they reported it.Last night when the client walked out the door he was shot in the arm and when the young wan went out to see what happened he was shot in the lung.I do not know if they have been airlifted out or any other detail ;but hoping for further info!Can Anyone post Further details.Praying for ALL!

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/07/17 08:51 PM

A few more details.The young man shot in the lung is from the Winston N.M. area.His fiance was with him and one of the other women is a nurse.She did first aid while waiting for rescue.They stood guard with ARs waiting for help.Still no word on condition.Prayers!

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/07/17 09:47 PM

When are we going to take back control of our country.Build the wall and patrol with armed Blackhawks!

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/08/17 01:07 AM

Update: The young man shot at Presidio has been air lifted to El Paso and had emergency surgery.Is in intensive care at this time.Condition unknown.The story is that the Border Patrol was making a sweep and picked up about four drug smugglers.They may have thought these hunters were working with the border patrol.After their cabin was robbed they broke out their spotting scopes and located the thieves.They called in the Border Patrol and they recovered the stolen property.That night they were ambushed.The first victim was shot as he walked out of the cabin and the second was shot as he ran out to check on victim #1.Prayers for All!

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/08/17 01:31 AM

Just got an update:Young man is in an induced coma.They are going to start taking him off of o2 and wake him up to see if he is strong enough to go to surgery.

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/08/17 02:01 PM

Presidio newspaper has posted a story.http://www.kxxv.com/story/34208344/two-injured-in-shooting-at-ranch-in-presidio-county-friday-night I wish I knew how to get Fox News on this story.Really tragic that a family can not enjoy a vacation in South Tx. anymore.Have not heard how Walker is today.I did not want to post his name until it became public.Good young man who had just got married.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/08/17 02:13 PM

Such an incredible and heart breaking story. My prayers go out to the victims and their families and God's mercy on the young man whose life is in jeopardy.
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/08/17 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: N.M,Basser
Presidio newspaper has posted a story.http://www.kxxv.com/story/34208344/two-injured-in-shooting-at-ranch-in-presidio-county-friday-night I wish I knew how to get Fox News on this story.Really tragic that a family can not enjoy a vacation in South Tx. anymore.Have not heard how Walker is today.I did not want to post his name until it became public.Good young man who had just got married.

Thank you for posting as we extend our prayers for all involved frown

Clarification on your post this happened in West Texas south of El Paso by the town of Candelaria which borders the Rio Grande, not South Texas.

Debra smile

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/08/17 02:55 PM

Thanks Debra: Every thing to the South of I 10 Is south Tx. To us who only go back and forth to Amistad.Haven't seen you in a long time and hope you are well!Charles
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/08/17 03:15 PM

Charles, see you soon on Amistad when you travel to South TX

Keep us updated on these two men, so sad frown

Debra smile

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/08/17 04:20 PM

Surely with the brain trust here on TFF someone knows how to get the national press to pick up this story.West Texas is not safe and I do not know how the poor ranchers can continue to fight this war alone!
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/08/17 04:36 PM

Sad deal.

http://www.kxxv.com/story/34208344/two-injured-in-shooting-at-ranch-in-presidio-county-friday-night
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/08/17 05:49 PM

our politicians are worried about folks in the middle east that have been fighting over nothing since biblical times and they cant keep our citizens along the southern border an Chicago safe what a great deal we have hopefully this will change soon.

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/08/17 05:52 PM

Amen!!!
Posted By: Bulletman99

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/08/17 05:56 PM

Hopefully Uncle Don will stand by his promises!!

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/08/17 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: ssmith
our politicians are worried about folks in the middle east that have been fighting over nothing since biblical times and they cant keep our citizens along the southern border an Chicago safe what a great deal we have hopefully this will change soon.

All Donald Trump has to do is keep his word and all this will change. In the meantime we all are responsible for our own safety at any cost and by any method. Frankly, with our borders open we have allowed these kinds into our country without vetting and without restrictions. This has to change.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/08/17 07:44 PM

Post in off topic

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/09/17 01:16 PM

May be off topic but still reason for concern for all sportsmen going to Southern and Western Texas!http://thewesterner.blogspot.com/2017/01/nm-hunting-guide-client-wounded-on.html
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/09/17 01:35 PM

yep everyone needs to know this stuff, that bass fish down south. I know it may be in wrong section but a lot of bass fishermen won't see it in another section. I hope they leave it here so the unknowing will see it here when they consider going south to help keep them safe. I think getting good information is what this site is famous for. just my .02

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/09/17 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix
yep everyone needs to know this stuff, that bass fish down south. I know it may be in wrong section but a lot of bass fishermen won't see it in another section. I hope they leave it here so the unknowing will see it here when they consider going south to help keep them safe. I think getting good information is what this site is famous for. just my .02

+10
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/09/17 01:53 PM

Apparently the first deputy on scene took fire from multiple unknown directions while securing those inside. That's when he called in the cavalry which arrived pretty quickly, according to the deputy. Read that in another local Presidio blurb. And no, national media hasn't picked it up but authorities also aren't releasing any details since it's an active investigation.

The wife and I called BP on 18 of them last time at the ranch. Kind of ruined their day. Hope the coyote doesn't come back shooting.
Posted By: B.K.S.

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/09/17 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

This!

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/10/17 12:15 AM

Thanks BKS:The latest update I had was that Walker was in surgery ( about noon ) and they were using a robot to try to remove the bullet.It was lodged near his heart.Time for Prayers to help him recover! Thanks All!
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/10/17 01:08 AM

Prayers for Walker.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/10/17 06:35 PM

hmmm

http://bigbendnow.com/2017/01/sheriff-denies-cross-border-violence-in-candelaria-shooting/
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/10/17 08:14 PM

Makes you wonder if sheriffs office is speculating they shot each other.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/10/17 08:53 PM

Interesting read. Border Patrol says there is no evidence that anyone crossed the border and then crossed back. No tracks at all. Have to wait on this one.

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/13/17 12:28 PM

http://weartv.com/news/local/gunmen-targeted-familys-rv-before-shootout
Posted By: AgSellers04

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/13/17 01:18 PM

Hate to hear news like this. Hope it all gets sorted out.
Posted By: I'm The Dude

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/13/17 02:08 PM

Just heard on radio that they shot eachother... This should get interesting.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/13/17 02:22 PM

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Presidi...-410175185.html
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/13/17 02:45 PM

Want to know what is wrong with America. Read how many times people jumped to conclusions in this one post.
Posted By: Fisherdad58

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/13/17 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Texascajun69
Want to know what is wrong with America. Read how many times people jumped to conclusions in this one post.

This, plus the media starts speculating in their reports before they know the real story and people actually seem to believe some the hype and paranoia spread by them. I guess if they just reported what they know they wouldn't have chidt.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Ambush at Presidio - 01/13/17 04:19 PM

Will be interesting when the ballistic reports get back. If they really had problems like the woman said then I could see friendly fire happening. Bad deal any way it comes out
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum