Texas Fishing Forum

Big storage compartment

Posted By: cephusjoe

Big storage compartment - 01/07/17 06:02 AM

So a lot of the boat manufacturers have gone to the big single lid that takes up most of the deck. Is it a hassle to get off the front deck every time you want a lure? It might be a petty question. I'm a skeeter guy and not sure if I like the new one big center lid they put on the 17. Then again it's a big storage box and I've never fished out of a boat with storage like that.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Big storage compartment - 01/07/17 07:27 AM

I actually like it. My Ranger main center compartment seems as big as a 4x8 sheet of plywood :-). I feel it gives more options to how I want to arrange gear in there. Stacks of Plano boxes, more rods, odd shaped gear... I like the one big compartment/one lid concept. Not hard to get to. Just have to stand behind it when opening it and plenty of room to sit there and work on gear while open. Heck, I can climb down in there and sit like a basement. Negatives? That big lid catches some serious air so you need to be careful in high winds as to what direction the wind is coming from because it will take you out when it slams shut due to wind.
Posted By: sandman79

Re: Big storage compartment - 01/07/17 07:56 AM

like it also, one compartment for tackle seems easier for organizing

Re: Big storage compartment - 01/07/17 08:01 AM

Thanks for the input, I'm really putting in the effort on the next boat I buy... seems like all manufacturers are going that way but bass cat. My zx 190 is a good boat, once I get the ole ladies Tahoe paid off. I'm moving up. Might be 2 more years but I'm prepared in advance.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Big storage compartment - 01/07/17 03:24 PM

Post in boats and motors
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Big storage compartment - 01/07/17 03:54 PM

Impossible to beat the 17' Bass Cat Margay!!!

https://www.facebook.com/ROSSMOTORSPORTSBOATS/videos/1861321437425171/

I'm actually 6'6" 300pounds if you have ever met me.

Re: Big storage compartment - 01/08/17 01:57 AM

Thanks for the input
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Big storage compartment - 01/08/17 02:11 AM

I pick up my new ZX200 soon and have had the same questions. I did read today that the angled dividers pull out and you can put more 3700's in with them vertical rather than angled. I'm also wondering what I can do with the "shelves" on each side of the storage boxes. On the ZX225 and up it holds 3 rods on each side of the Plano boxes, but not on the 200.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum