Texas Fishing Forum

Who is Really outside in this today?

Posted By: CartersFishingAdventures

Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 05:59 PM

its freaking cold, Im a superintendent for general contractor and outside all day today. its bad, feel bad for guys working in it.

who is outside today working or even crazier fishing in it?
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 06:32 PM

My buddy is!! Out on Martin Creek. So if he's on the warm side at least the water will help warm him up some!!
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 06:56 PM

This guy probably is.
Posted By: BAGaBass

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 07:32 PM

I'm a mobile trailer mechanic. Been out in it all day.....good God my hands hurt they are so cold!! These are the days I wish I worked inside...
Posted By: BAGaBass

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 07:33 PM

By the way.....im wearing gloves
Posted By: Thecrankster

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 07:37 PM

Pest control here outside
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 07:40 PM

I bet the ramps are all open...
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 08:17 PM

Wish I was on Monticello today... have had some of the best days out there when it was this cold and snowing like it is now!
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 08:19 PM

Been out on more then a few days colder then today for a tournament.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaguar6
Wish I was on Monticello today... have had some of the best days out there when it was this cold and snowing like it is now!

thumb
Posted By: Undertaker56

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 08:22 PM

Funeral Director here COLD in the cemetery!!!
Posted By: Joe Todd

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 08:30 PM

Not cold enough for me. I am going night fishing Sat. night to PK. Supposed to be around 17 tomorrow night/Sunday morning.

I DON'T GO FISHING I GO CATCHING!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Nekro

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 08:46 PM

Days like to today, I wish I was back home in SoCal lol.

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Joe Todd
Not cold enough for me. I am going night fishing Sat. night to PK. Supposed to be around 17 tomorrow night/Sunday morning.

Good for you. Be sure and post pictures. We'll be watching. thumb
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 09:26 PM

popcorn
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 09:51 PM

Catching colds?
Posted By: Barn

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 09:51 PM

I DON'T GO FISHING, I GO CATCHING A COLD!!

FIFY
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 10:30 PM

I do commercial pest control. Every stop today was ext. only. It's cold

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 10:30 PM

I will be sure to send pictures. Somebody PM me and tell me how to send them. By the way idiot's don't catch colds.

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/06/17 10:42 PM

I will be sure to send pictures. Somebody PM me and tell me how to send them. By the way idiot's don't catch colds.

Can't post pictures either. Just kidding, you catch fish and they're from this Sat,/Sun. I'll show you how to post them.

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/07/17 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Can't post pictures either. Just kidding, you catch fish and they're from this Sat,/Sun. I'll show you how to post them.
Deal?????

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/07/17 12:23 AM

Deal?????
Oops Deal!!!!!
Posted By: Jim A.

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/07/17 01:26 AM

cut and split wood today, using an axe. getting too old for this, should have used my splitter.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/07/17 04:07 AM

i was inspecting below grade waterproofing this morning so concrete can be placed on monday, weather permitting.
Posted By: Verkeith

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/07/17 04:49 AM

I'm a railroad locomotive electrical maintenance tech.....been out in the cold fixing broke locomotives...hands are numb, feet are frozen....about to go home and thaw out..

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/07/17 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Verkeith
I'm a railroad locomotive electrical maintenance tech.....been out in the cold fixing broke locomotives...hands are numb, feet are frozen....about to go home and thaw out..

So how do you feel about people fishing in this weather ? hmmm
Posted By: Chet

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/07/17 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: PKfishin
I bet the ramps are all open...

And usable until someone unloads their boat then like an ice rink. Fishing today requires a check up from the neck up. smile
Posted By: Verkeith

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/07/17 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Verkeith

So how do you feel about people fishing in this weather ? hmmm

I love fishing, but the the only way I would fish in weather like this; fishing would have to be my job.

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/08/17 07:19 PM

Went to PK last night with a couple of friends of mine and we had a pretty good night. Caught 10 BB but they all measured about 15 inches. Nothing big. This will be a great fishery in about a year if they keep the 16 inch length limit.
The sand bass were huge and there was plenty of them. The stripers turned on and we had a blast with them. Caught a couple of good ones and the rest were just keepers. The boat looked like one big floating ice block. It was cold.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/09/17 01:25 PM

I fished Sat on Martin Creek and Sunday on Perky. Was 15* Sat morning and the ramp was freezing as we pulled the trailers out after launching. Someone had left a bag of road salt sitting there so that was nice! We caught 5 with only 2 being keepers over on the warmer side. The steam from the heat had frozen on all the bushes and trees along the shore so that was cool to see!! I fished Perky yesterday and waited until 1130 when it had warmed up some. I didn't catch any bass though I did see 1 over some grass and caught a crappie on a trap fishing it around that grass. Pretty windy and the water didn't seem as clear as usual. On Perky nutria rats have mown down almost ALL the reeds as you leave the ramp towards the main lake. Like you took a dang weedeater to em clear down to the waters edge. Haven't ever seen it like that before.

Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/09/17 02:31 PM

My buddy Craig asked me to go fishing with him on Saturday but I already had a family get together planned and couldn't go. He sent me a text Saturday morning of what looked like about an 8lber he was holding and said his best 5 were pushing 30lbs. I was sure wishing I was there since we had a couple of days like that last year fishing in some of the coldest weather early in the year.
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Who is Really outside in this today? - 01/09/17 03:10 PM

I never really have gotten the hang of fishing really well with gloves on... so went hunting instead on saturday. Chased hogs for a while but came up empty handed, I actually stayed pretty warm though. My uncle wasn't having it though, I thought I was gonna have to carry him. He wasn't ready for that kind of cold, was only wearing jeans, a shirt, and some carhartt coveralls. Lol... Boat will be out this week though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum