Posted By: Bass N Beer

Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 02:08 AM

Anyone going to Squaw tomorrow?
Posted By: needmofish

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 02:35 AM

If i can get out of bed , im going.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 11:45 AM

I am scared Wawi will be out there scolding everyone for not turning off their headlights at the ramp
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger
I am scared Wawi will be out there scolding everyone for not turning off their headlights at the ramp

I'm dealing with trailer wheel today so you guys need to self govern. Be quick and turn your damn lights off.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 01:14 PM

By quick he means launch the boat off the trailer solo and get a ride to it out on the lake. or swim if no-one is around
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
By quick he means launch the boat off the trailer solo and get a ride to it out on the lake. or swim if no-one is around

thumb clap
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 03:11 PM

Had a guy do that on Amistad last year. We were at the dock and he asked me if he backed his boat off if I would bring him to boat. I said sure. I figured he would park on the ramp and have me bring him to his boat. But no, he hauled [censored] in reverse, swamping the entire back end of his beautiful mint condition ranger, nearly had his back bumper in the water, and then proceeded up the ramp to park his truck. Meanwhile the 30 mph wind is blowing his boat down the canal while several boats are coming in. About time he got to my boat his boat was a good 100 yards down the canal.

I wouldn't have done that with my $2000 aluminum skiff in Louisiana, much less that high dollar Ranger Bass Boat.

He didn't appear to have a care in the world, looked like he had done this multiple times.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 06:21 PM

I'm fishing alone at Sqaw , in order for the process of launching a boat to become more faster is to back up let the boat float off and then park your rig , then go down to the Ramp and ask some one to take me out to my boat that is drifting around sorry everyone I ain't doing it , I launch by myself all the time , you just gonna have to wait there buck a roo .
Posted By: Verkeith

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 07:04 PM

I'm with Hog Jaw....I normally fish alone and take my time launching my boat
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 07:14 PM

There are some folks that think they are to cool for school
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 08:00 PM

As in a hurry as everyone seems to be to get launched and start fishing out there, how many of y'all that are recommending just dropping the boat in are actually gonna take a stranger over to their boat on the other side of the cove? Just curious.
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Kevin Bryant
As in a hurry as everyone seems to be to get launched and start fishing out there, how many of y'all that are recommending just dropping the boat in are actually gonna take a stranger over to their boat on the other side of the cove? Just curious.

It's not like it's a two lane boat ramp anyway. Shouldn't be an issue with parking your boat and going to your truck. It's not like it takes that much longer to do.
Posted By: Dr. Chase

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 08:42 PM

none.

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 08:51 PM

I would be happy to if someone needed it. All good and only takes a few seconds to drop em off. Just bein neighborly
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Brazos Bass Cat

none.

I've done it several times. The only time I ditch it and get a ride to my boat is in individual tournaments.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 09:47 PM

Sounds like there's reason for Moto to do an ole' fashioned boat ramp butt kickin' out there. When you goin' Moto?
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 09:48 PM

Ive done it many times. No big deal.

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 09:50 PM

Have never had and issue getting a lift. Most are glad to. I am glad to give a lift. This is not a rare or strange practice. It's also not a controversial one other than on this board and a few people. Some of you should get out a little more.

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 09:51 PM

I am just gonna hang around one day to give WAWI a ride for the fun of it

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 09:53 PM

He will need it sooner than later.... With all the flats he has on his truck, and blowouts on the trailer

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer

He will need it sooner than later.... With all the flats he has on his truck, and blowouts on the trailer

3 New truck tires and 5 New trailer tires today. I even replaced the damn spare. I'll be needing a donation from you to cover this. Lol

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 10:00 PM

If you wanna haul a load drive a Chevy, you wanna take a load drive a Toyota....

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 10:01 PM

If you wanna haul a load drive a Chevy, you wanna take a load drive a Toyota....

roflmao

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/02/16 10:20 PM

eeks
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/03/16 03:40 AM

I'm ponderin' to start a launch valet service down there.

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/03/16 03:42 AM

HAHAHA That would work.

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/03/16 05:06 PM

If it keeps me from walking up the stairs I might pay
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/03/16 05:33 PM

Deal with it.
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/03/16 05:35 PM

If it keeps me from walking up the stairs I might pay

I hate dem stairs!! bang

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/03/16 10:40 PM

They have started a new thing so this is FYI. They let you pay the launch fee but now hold you up at the gate by the ramp so no one is in front of the guys house. Oh and it was foggy and dangerous all day.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/03/16 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris Borden
They have started a new thing so this is FYI. They let you pay the launch fee but now hold you up at the gate by the ramp so no one is in front of the guys house. Oh and it was foggy and dangerous all day.

yea it was..

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 12:04 AM

Yep, foggy as hell all day.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 12:52 AM

Are you saying they didn't let y'all fish today?
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 12:57 AM

Did y'all win today Borden?

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: buda13

Are you saying they didn't let y'all fish today?

No just instead of holding us at the checking spot they held us at the gate by the ramp.

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: SKEETER_MAN_225

No 3rd. We had a very bad day!

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 01:05 AM

What Did y'all only have 20 pounds? LoL
I can't remember what 20 pounds is with all this "humble pie" I've been eating!

Did they make y'all stay in the marina very long?

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 01:08 AM

No launch and go. It was wet and sucky. I'm sure I'm going to be in hospital with the flu. And we didn't have the 20. We limped in at 3rd with 17.

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 01:09 AM

No they turned us loose once they opened the gate. Couldn't see past the trolling motor most of the day.

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin

No launch and go. It was wet and sucky. I'm sure I'm going to be in hospital with the flu. And we didn't have the 20. We limped in at 3rd with 17.

Dang!
You'll be fine just go up to BWW and have a few!
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 01:46 AM

No they turned us loose once they opened the gate. Couldn't see past the trolling motor most of the day.
I'm surprised they let us go out.
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 01:52 AM

Have never had and issue getting a lift. Most are glad to. I am glad to give a lift. This is not a rare or strange practice. It's also not a controversial one other than on this board and a few people. Some of you should get out a little more.

Get out a little more? Coming from the guy with 15,000+ posts, that's pretty funny.
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 04:26 AM

clap
Posted By: pdawg

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 06:34 AM

The last tourney I fished there it was really foggy and we were headed toward the dam and looked over to the left where the sand bar is and this guy had run up on it hard. We could not pull him off he was super stuck. That was the worst I had ever seen someone stuck but it was so foggy you couldn't see anything hardly. They had to get out and push the boat off the sand bar then they left quickly.

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 11:48 AM

Get out a little more? Coming from the guy with 15,000+ posts, that's pretty funny.

I have an excessive amount of free time. Lol
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 11:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Scoundrel
I'm ponderin' to start a launch valet service down there.

With the $30 entry fee that should be included

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 02:34 PM

I've launched by myself the last 2 weeks. Pulled boat off, tied up.went back to my truck and parked. Didn't hold anyone up. There are 5 lanes and only 3 were being used.

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass N Beer
I've launched by myself the last 2 weeks. Pulled boat off, tied up.went back to my truck and parked. Didn't hold anyone up. There are 5 lanes and only 3 were being used.

Headlights off?

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 03:06 PM

Yes. Headlights off. However the truck that launched in front of me left theirs on. Ha.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Squaw Creek 12.2.16 - 12/04/16 07:33 PM

Good one with the headlights on ,
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum