Texas Fishing Forum

How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ?

Posted By: Easy Fisherman

How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/29/16 11:06 PM

What did your success come on the last two weeks
Posted By: Brent S

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/29/16 11:26 PM

Topwater, crankbaits, drop shot.
Posted By: Bass N Beer

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/29/16 11:26 PM

Topwater, spinnerbait
Posted By: Capt'n Seabass

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/29/16 11:27 PM

chatterbait and jig early morning as water is still cold and the fish sit on the deeper side of the area they're swimming. Once the sun comes through and the water starts warming, they moved shallow and they ate anything as long as it was cast in the right area
Posted By: Rlrob

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/29/16 11:29 PM

Smacked'em today on Texoma with a jerk bait.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/29/16 11:30 PM

jig
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 12:12 AM

frog
Posted By: eggs'isled

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 12:35 AM

did real well today on Athens after that front... first fish of the morning was just a hair under 8lbs on a crankbait in about 14 foot of water...after a dry spell I caught a nice one on a buzzbait in the devil tongue grass and that was the pattern for the rest of the morning - buzzbait fish best was around 5lbs and went down to 1&1/2 lbs, left the lake with aprox 14 fish by noon...water is clear and was in the early 60's - seen 65 surface temp by noon...
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 02:05 AM

Trickworm, shallow light Texas rig.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By: KCFISH'N
did real well today on Athens after that front... first fish of the morning was just a hair under 8lbs on a crankbait in about 14 foot of water...after a dry spell I caught a nice one on a buzzbait in the devil tongue grass and that was the pattern for the rest of the morning - buzzbait fish best was around 5lbs and went down to 1&1/2 lbs, left the lake with aprox 14 fish by noon...water is clear and was in the early 60's - seen 65 surface temp by noon...

Now thats a good day!
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 02:20 AM

What is devils tongue grass?
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 02:21 AM

Squarebill, Texas-rigged Rage Craw
Posted By: CCTX

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 02:36 AM

spinnerbait and squarebills early

rest of the day
trigged craws and paddle tail worms
jig and deep cranks
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 02:43 AM

I have been using the same plastics in the same color almost the entire year. Excellent results. One of my best years ever for size and numbers.
Posted By: shiv

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 02:45 AM

Shakey heads & cranks hooked
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris_K

More than likely is talking about the eel grass or what looks like tall St. Augustine grass.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 02:47 AM

Huge flutters spoons
Posted By: ShouldaNamedMeFisher

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 02:55 AM

Gotta love flutter spoons until your hole looks like this bow_down

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaguar6

More than likely is talking about the eel grass or what looks like tall St. Augustine grass.
how do you run a buzzbait through that popcorn
Posted By: Tbar

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 03:05 AM

Worm on a wobble head......out of my pond.

Posted By: Bruce's

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 03:06 AM

Moving Baits
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 03:18 AM

I caught 4 fish 4.5 - 5.5 on thanksgiving morning but I was on a lake in Arkansas and was using my favorite jig. All out lakes here are deep not a lot of shallow to fish in
Posted By: eggs'isled

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 06:50 AM

Not sure what it's real name is, but it has a green willow leaf shaped leaf that sits on top of the water with the rest of the plant under water, always heard it called devils tongue... And yes it is a pain to keep the buzzbait clean, don't make long cast in it and key in on the natural points and sparse areas through the patches to keep it buzz'n longer...had a lot of blow ups to keep things interesting as well...

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 01:07 PM

Not sure what it's real name is, but it has a green willow leaf shaped leaf that sits on top of the water with the rest of the plant under water, always heard it called devils tongue... And yes it is a pain to keep the buzzbait clean, don't make long cast in it and key in on the natural points and sparse areas through the patches to keep it buzz'n longer...had a lot of blow ups to keep things interesting as well...

grin I know what your talking about. I swam a frog over the top and got some blowups, nothing connected though.
Posted By: Nekro

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 10:56 PM

Texas rigged and one on a chatter bait.
Posted By: B-rader

Re: How did you catch them the last 2 weeks ? - 11/30/16 11:20 PM

Deep cranks and big football jigs , but I was way South
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum