Texas Fishing Forum

Want to ride in a Legend Alpha 211R

Posted By: Shane Howell

Want to ride in a Legend Alpha 211R - 11/28/16 07:13 PM

I've been looking at the Legends for some time now. I've taken the V-20's out and haven't been that impressed. When the trolling motor is down, you can't find a better fishing platform, but the ride in my opinion isn't what it should be for a boat of that caliber. I've heard that the Alpha 211's have a lot better ride than the V-20's and wanted to see if someone had one that wouldn't mind taking me out in for a day on the lake. I have no issue paying for the gas, etc... I just really what to spend some time in one like a typical day of fishing. I currently run a basscat, and am trying to decide if i'm going to go with a legend or Phoenix as my next boat.

Thanks,

Shane
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Want to ride in a Legend Alpha 211R - 11/28/16 08:46 PM

I've been in a phoenix 920 and a alpha 211 they ride pretty similar
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Want to ride in a Legend Alpha 211R - 11/28/16 10:20 PM

you'll be back in a BassCat.

you might wait until BassCat brings out their Champion hulled cat.
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Want to ride in a Legend Alpha 211R - 11/28/16 10:38 PM

What's the deal on that puma? popcorn
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Want to ride in a Legend Alpha 211R - 11/29/16 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Shane Howell
I've been looking at the Legends for some time now. I've taken the V-20's out and haven't been that impressed. When the trolling motor is down, you can't find a better fishing platform, but the ride in my opinion isn't what it should be for a boat of that caliber. I've heard that the Alpha 211's have a lot better ride than the V-20's and wanted to see if someone had one that wouldn't mind taking me out in for a day on the lake. I have no issue paying for the gas, etc... I just really what to spend some time in one like a typical day of fishing. I currently run a basscat, and am trying to decide if i'm going to go with a legend or Phoenix as my next boat.

Thanks,

Shane

The Phoenix will ride a lot better IMHO. You should go for a ride in windy conditions and make your own mind up. You never know the bias that exist.
Posted By: Amackmac

Re: Want to ride in a Legend Alpha 211R - 11/29/16 03:07 AM

The alpha 211 is an incredible ride...I sold my 211 earlier in the year or id let you drive it. ITs the best riding boat I've been in
Posted By: B mobley

Re: Want to ride in a Legend Alpha 211R - 11/29/16 03:09 AM

I have a alpha 211, I would be clad to let you fish out of it
Posted By: B mobley

Re: Want to ride in a Legend Alpha 211R - 11/29/16 03:10 AM

Sent you a pm
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Want to ride in a Legend Alpha 211R - 11/29/16 03:11 AM

bring your rain gear bolt
Posted By: Shane Howell

Re: Want to ride in a Legend Alpha 211R - 11/29/16 03:43 AM

My puma is a great boat! Overall I like the fish ability of it and the way it runs. The only thing I don't like about it is the ride. It's a 2006 and they changed the hull in 2008 which made it a better riding boat. If you have any side wins it will beat your to death! I miss that jaguar! The rides are a LOT different!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum