Texas Fishing Forum

A November to Remember!

Posted By: mbalb61

A November to Remember! - 11/27/16 03:48 PM

I am still out fishing in Central Illinois and the big fish keep biting.

Hmmm... maybe its because of my prefishing breakfast on the way to the lake.

[Linked Image]

Well if it works, don't change it I say. What is your prefishing breakfast?

Anyway, back to fishing. Went out yesterday and the bite was tough. Caught 6 and lost 2 good ones around 4 lbs each. Water temps continue to drop, down to 49 degrees, but water clarity has increase to 4 feet. Fish were caught on a jig and crankbait. Big bass was 6 lb 4 oz with 3 others weighing in at 5 lbs 8 oz, 5 lb 3 oz and a 3 lb 12 oz.

That's a 4 bass limit weighing in at 20 lbs 11 oz! If I only had one of those 2 fish I had lost.

So far for the month of November my Top 5 are a 6-8,6-5,6-4,5-8 and 5-3 for a total weight of 29 lbs 12 oz! And 4 of those are in my Top 5 for the year!

[Linked Image]

Here is a video of yesterday. Enjoy!

Posted By: IIIMag

Re: A November to Remember! - 11/27/16 03:58 PM

Fun times. Congrats!
Posted By: Topwater15260

Re: A November to Remember! - 11/27/16 04:24 PM

Very nice. Is that a strip pit or a public lake your on. Those are some great fish for Illinois at this time of year
Posted By: McKinneyMike

Re: A November to Remember! - 11/27/16 05:04 PM

Nice fish. Just wondering why you needed to conduct a science project on each of them before release. Man they were out of the water for what seemed like an eternity. Don't mean to be negative just an observation.

Re: A November to Remember! - 11/27/16 10:58 PM

That lake is a strip mine pit. 4 miles long with 5 fingers with a depth of 46 ft. I've never see a lake so full of submerge brush. I keep the jig companies happy.

Re: A November to Remember! - 11/27/16 11:09 PM

I did notice myself it seemed to take a while to get the information when I was editing that video. In fact was on my mind today and working on getting a quicker system on doing that. Thanks for the input.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum