Texas Fishing Forum

squaw creek information

Posted By: WAWI

squaw creek information - 11/26/16 02:50 AM

You should turn off your headlights at the ramp. It blinds the people backing in next to you. This applies everywhere else also. It's degenerate behavior. Carry on.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin
You should turn off your headlights at the ramp. It blinds the people backing in next to you. This applies everywhere else also. It's degenerate behavior. Carry on.

be polite ask nice...Maybe go tell them. They may have forgot.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 03:02 AM

What about backing down your boat?

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
What about backing down your boat?

They aren't ready to run Frank, let's learn to walk first.
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 03:04 AM

No problem from me. But, don't some of the new pickups have drive lights that stay on ALL the time? Mine is an older pickup & doesnt have a problem doing it.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Curtbass
No problem from me. But, don't some of the new pickups have drive lights that stay on ALL the time? Mine is an older pickup & doesnt have a problem doing it.

I don't think so. I think it's operator error.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 03:14 AM

They all have a function to turn them off
Just up to you to know how to do it
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 03:21 AM

I'm going to wait to take off all the straps on the boat and put my brights on just for you Hugh!

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 03:21 AM

???? Some people are new at it also. Dont assume EVERYONE knows. I usually just wait till theyre outta the way, then launch. Its not a race & I launch at MY pace. Im usually on the ramp less than 1 minute launching & maybe 2 minutes loading if boat dont set right on bunks & i have to restab it. I also dont let it bother me when i see others that take longer. Patience keeps it friendly.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer
They all have a function to turn them off
Just up to you to know how to do it

I do believe there are the newer ones that have the LED strips that do not turn off.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 03:23 AM

See yall in the morning.
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 03:23 AM

It should take 30 seconds max.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 03:26 AM

As a public service for the multitude of anglers towing with the new Honda Ridgeline.... Turn off the truck, click the emergency brake 2 notches and restart the truck. Your DRL's will now be disabled.

.....you're welcome WAWI

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 03:43 AM

Rob,
Wait till you're 60+ yrs old & crippled up like some of us are,then see if you still say that. When i was your age & much more agile it WAS 30 seconds or less. Not anymore. i pay my lauch fee, launch & load at MY pace. LOL. Goodnight all. Hope you ALL had a GREAT Thanksgiving. This ol mans gotta git some rest for tomorrow. Tight lines Gentlemen.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 04:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Curtbass
Rob,
Wait till you're 60+ yrs old & crippled up like some of us are,then see if you still say that. When i was your age & much more agile it WAS 30 seconds or less. Not anymore. i pay my lauch fee, launch & load at MY pace. LOL. Goodnight all. Hope you ALL had a GREAT Thanksgiving. This ol mans gotta git some rest for tomorrow. Tight lines Gentlemen.
I was just being sarcastic. I'm pushing 50 myself. cheers

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: K.D.
As a public service for the multitude of anglers towing with the new Honda Ridgeline.... Turn off the truck, click the emergency brake 2 notches and restart the truck. Your DRL's will now be disabled.

.....you're welcome WAWI

We're talking about the fisherman's trucks, not the wives who bring lunch at the weigh-in
Posted By: TR176

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 04:30 AM

I'm not playing until they open a seniors only launch lane with 15 minute launch time limit. Also, I'm amazed people don't know they can turn off the continuous headlight on function.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By: K.D.

.....you're welcome WAWI

We're talking about the fisherman's trucks, not the wives who bring lunch at the weigh-in

Isn't there a boat for sale post for you to rate somewhere

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 05:17 AM

banana

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: SKEETER_MAN_225
I'm going to wait to take off all the straps on the boat and put my brights on just for you Hugh!

Lol that was another cute bag of fish you caught yesterday.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 01:14 PM

I'm not talking about how long you take, I have given up on that. I'm not talking about gpa in the pontoon. I'm talking about guys in 60k plus bass boats with poles, electronics etc (I'm not jelly I got one too) who get out there at rediculous time in morning to race to spots during tourneys. They should know better than to launch with lights on. Now the next thing we need to deal with is the constant potlicking that goes on out there but I haven't figured out how to deal with that yet.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 02:40 PM

Perhaps you should bring a security team with you. Several boats that fish fake spots designed to throw people off.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 03:32 PM

Perhaps you should bring a security team with you. Several boats that fish fake spots designed to throw people off.

We fish plenty of fake spots. Once you win something out there it's required or you are doomed.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 03:43 PM

Perhaps you should do like KVD does in that commercial where he has a fake pontoon boat setup with a palm tree and appears to be crappie fishing, then after the derby ends you could offer a boat launching seminar for $50/boat. Now that would be worth the $!
Posted By: Neches

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 05:04 PM

My last truck was an older Chevy, one click down on the emergency brake will turn off the head lights, that is the only way I ever found to turn em off. Just in case you have an older Chevy there ya go.

PS I can't believe you haven't been slammed yet for being insensitive and not taking other peoples feelings into consideration before you called them out on a public forum.
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 05:09 PM

Yesterday when we launched all three trucks had their lights on. Week before all four had their lights on. I have bigger things to worry about but it's ridiculous. Robw was behind us and had his lights off when he backed down. Guess everyone else is new to fishing.
Posted By: Verkeith

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 10:02 PM

Everyone should shop here..

http://www.shut-up-and-fish.com/

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Verkeith

I assume you leave your lights on.
Posted By: Verkeith

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Verkeith

I assume you leave your lights on.

No sir....I just go fish..
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 10:45 PM

Was there a fog delay today?
Posted By: KnotEnuff

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 11:05 PM

Who knows, sounds more likely a light delay (headlight). Maybe even a fight on the ramp from all the talk.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 11:07 PM

popcorn
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: KnotEnuff
Who knows, sounds more likely a light delay (headlight). Maybe even a fight on the ramp from all the talk.

Problem is all these guys that talk big on the forums would never say anything in real life, otherwise they already would have and the problem would be solved. Little man syndrome takes lots of forms. rolleyes
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: squaw creek information - 11/26/16 11:25 PM

Buy a Tundra and the "idiot" light issue is solved. In fact, you can adjust the headlight angle from the dash. A "real mans" fishing truck.

Pulling a boat with a v-6 Honda "truck" on an Pilot chassis is a suicide proposition...isn't it? Why? SMH

As for lights on on the ramp.....90% of the time it's the back seater driving the boat owners truck down the ramp. They just don't know what they're doing.
Posted By: milkfisher

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 12:00 AM

Well...I was probably one of the guys with the lights on. I usually turn them off, but I don't think the thought even crossed my mind yesterday morning. That being said, I really don't give a dang what you think. But what do I know? My boats only worth about 13K yawn

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: bbassfishes

Problem is all these guys that talk big on the forums would never say anything in real life, otherwise they already would have and the problem would be solved. Little man syndrome takes lots of forms. rolleyes

Lol

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Chasin Hogs
Thursday there was for about an hour.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 12:09 AM

I don't think this is even a controversial position. It's the right thing to do. It's about courtesy. The fact that some of you are butt hurt about people bringing it up speaks volumes.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: coachallentca
Originally Posted By: Chasin Hogs
Thursday there was for about an hour.

Yea I sat in it Thursday. Trying to see
how lazy I can be tomorrow morning.
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 12:26 AM

No delay today except for trying to fight the headlights when launching. Other than that it was smooth sailing this morning,

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 01:44 AM

The headlights make it really hard to launch and usually slow me down launching by about 10-15 minutes as I constantly re-adjust my truck/boat down the ramp.
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: bbassfishes

popcorn2 I almost said something to you two weeks ago but didn't since your a YouTube star. Your worse than the headlight guys. You wait til your backing up with a buddy to even get ready to launch while guys try and maneuver around you. My dad taught me 25 years ago proper launching procedures along with respect on the water. Something that is lost with today's younger generation. Oh and I didn't hide behind a keyboard this week or last week. Not trying to boat ramp anyone but surely you have been the guy trying to back up but can't see carp because headlights are on! You don't need them your looking behind you. If you need me to help you with a proper YouTube tutorial I will help you. Very simple process to be honest.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 02:29 AM

Lol that was another cute bag of fish you caught yesterday.

Thanks man ! I was hoping you and your boat Husband would notice!LOL

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 02:30 AM

We fish plenty of fake spots. Once you win something out there it's required or you are doomed.

I know that's right! RIP tank dams!

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 02:48 AM

I know that's right! RIP tank dams!

Yep, and the blow out that has been kicking out the big sacks is now a parking lot. I heard you had to take a number today. All those spoons flying around someone will get their eye put out. Borden and I hit 4 spots one day last week. We had a skeeter show up next to us at all 4 spots. We left one and 3 boats raced over and started graphing including the you tube hero above. Lol we weren't 200 yards away. They have no shame at all.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 06:44 PM

Geez
Look what all I missed last night
Posted By: 361V

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 07:24 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0MYAs5E2oIDCq9So/giphy.gif

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 08:39 PM

This is not something new. Its been going on for years & years. At many many lakes. Whining about it aint gonna change anything. Yes yall call them potlickers. Just like we did back in the 70's,80's,90's,etc etc...
Dont let it bother you. Just fish, because its been this way for 40 years plus. Im really entertained by these threads. Just remember, the ONLY way you can protect YOUR spots is, buying land, build your lake, & dont let anyone else fish it. On open to the PUBLIC lakes its ALL community property & the only thing you can change is your way of looking at it. At least they ARE graphing it & learning to use their electronics. Just like yall did , i hope..Theyre doing what they are supposed to do.So dont diss people that are learning & trying to learn. Me & another old timer were there yesterday. We rode around & laughed when talking about how everyone thinks they are entitled to be the ONLY ones fishing certain spots. We went to 7 different spots & there were boats on every one of them. Im sure some thought we were graphing THEIR spot. Newsflash: we weren't. We have known those spots for years. Truth be known, many of you guys are fishing spots we found years ago. Not ALL of you, but most of yall. We didnt have a huge bag nor enter the tournament, but had a decent best 5 around 17#'s & never touched any of the spots yall talk about. We have spots like these on a whole bunch of lakes. From Amistad & Falcon to Texoma & Ivie to Toledo Bend & Rayburn. Its very entertaining to us though. Stay safe out there & enjoy your time on the water. Life is short.
Posted By: Bass N Beer

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 08:39 PM

What won the tournament on Friday? I was on the lake but didn't fish the tourney. I needed to leave before weighin.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 08:45 PM

I think around 28# won Friday, Climers boyz won

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 08:46 PM

WAWI, could you please post your TX#, what color is your Ranger, and when will you be fishing over the next few weeks? I want to "meet you" bolt

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 08:51 PM

NICE sack for those Climers. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 08:54 PM

LOTS of good fishermen out there yesterday. We really enjoyed our trip. Visited with several other boats on the water. Had a blast.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 08:57 PM

WAWI, could you please post your TX#, what color is your Ranger, and when will you be fishing over the next few weeks? I want to "meet you" bolt

Black/silver I'm easy to find. popcorn

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer
Geez
Look what all I missed last night

Why aren't you fishing?????????

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 10:05 PM

Black/silver I'm easy to pot-lick. popcorn

Thanks bud thumb
Posted By: Fisherdad58

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 10:35 PM

Man....I've never seen such a bunch of cry babies just because they cant own the world. Just because your fishing a tournament doesn't give you any special rights or privileges on the water or the ramp. Ya'll need to learn to live and let live.
What kills me is that its the tournament fishermen that don't ever seem to realize that its their game that seems to be whats initiating all the crowding and potlicking.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 10:42 PM

It's been reported to me that everyone had their lights off in line today. Lol and congrats to my partner Mr Borden who won solo today as I napped on the couch.

flehan
Posted By: Dakota22

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 10:47 PM

Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 10:58 PM

It's been reported to me that everyone had their lights off in line today. Lol and congrats to my partner Mr Borden who won solo today as I napped on the couch.

flehan

clap for Borden and for lights being off!!! banana

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 11:01 PM

flehan

what was the weight??

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 11:03 PM

21lbs.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By: coachallentca

flehan

what was the weight??

He had 21 something. I didn't know he knew how to net fish, drive a boat in dark, load boat. I'm concerned I may be fired.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/27/16 11:05 PM

Chris can do it all. Better watch your back.. He will be flying solo..LOL

Re: squaw creek information - 11/28/16 12:02 AM

CONGRATULATIONS to Chris.... Good job.
Posted By: Tiltedtitan

Re: squaw creek information - 11/28/16 01:58 AM

I'm an really impressed by the numbers. I have fished there the last 3 Fridays preparing for fun n sun. Can't crack 13lbs.

Re: squaw creek information - 11/28/16 02:20 AM

Is there a derby every Saturday/Sunday?
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: squaw creek information - 11/28/16 02:21 AM

Sunday

Re: squaw creek information - 11/28/16 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris Borden
Yesterday when we launched all three trucks had their lights on. Week before all four had their lights on. I have bigger things to worry about but it's ridiculous. Robw was behind us and had his lights off when he backed down. Guess everyone else is new to fishing.
Dang if I knew that I would have turned them back on and hit high beam........ bolt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum