Texas Fishing Forum

Kistler Rods

Posted By: 8upwithfishin'

Kistler Rods - 11/24/16 12:16 AM

Looking for opinions from folks who have fished with the KLX, Magnesium 2, and Argons. I know the price usually dictates the "you get what you pay for", but as far as a bottom contact (sensitivity), how do the rods compare? Thx
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Kistler Rods - 11/24/16 12:49 AM

I have some of the Carbon and they are great so I would think the higher end rods would be good.
Posted By: McKinneyMike

Re: Kistler Rods - 11/24/16 12:55 AM

I have a Helium, a Mag2 and and a Argon. Like them all but the Helium is obviously a much lighter and more sensitive of them all.
Posted By: BrudBass

Re: Kistler Rods - 11/24/16 01:00 AM

I own all three rod series (KLX, Magnesium 2, Argon) that you are looking at. I also own the KLX feel-N-reel series, Z bone, Helium, and Carbon steel rods. My dad and I have about 50 total Kistler rods and we really like them. I have been using the Argon rods mostly for moving baits, so I am not worried about their sensitivity too much. The KLX and Magnesium 2 rods are solid rods that are pretty sensitive for the price point and are pretty tuff as well.
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Kistler Rods - 11/24/16 01:01 AM

I really like my KLX, one of my go to rods. If you can step up to the LTA or the Z-Bone for bottom contact they are more money but also incrementally more sensitive. I've fished the Mag2 and felt the argon...for bottom contact I want more. Kistler does have some deals for the weekend.
Posted By: BrudBass

Re: Kistler Rods - 11/24/16 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Slide_R
I really like my KLX, one of my go to rods. If you can step up to the LTA or the Z-Bone for bottom contact they are more money but also incrementally more sensitive. I've fished the Mag2 and felt the argon...for bottom contact I want more. Kistler does have some deals for the weekend.

They do have some deals going right now.

Kistler Rods
Click on the Black Friday tab at the top of the page from the link above for rods already on sale. Also type in "Friday" as your discount code to receive an additional 20% off sale items and all other items, plus a free hat.
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: Kistler Rods - 11/24/16 04:37 AM

I have a couple KLXs and an Argon. I love all of them. The 7'2" Argon Worm and Jig rod has put more fish in my boat than any of my other rods this year.
Posted By: mwbmod74

Re: Kistler Rods - 11/24/16 04:55 PM

I used a buddy's Helium 2 for drop shot, and after that I was sold 100% and bought 2. Great rods, lite and sensitive..
Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Kistler Rods - 11/24/16 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: mwbmod74
Great rods, lite and sensitive..

+100

I have Z-bones, KLX's & Helium2's. Absolutely love them.
Like Mwbmod74 said, light & sensitive. I like Kistler's when its fish-on, good feel & control because of the backbone Kistler rods have.
Posted By: bigfish76

Re: Kistler Rods - 11/24/16 06:04 PM

I have several for sale in the classifieds if you want a good deal I am selling the KLX rods to get more Kistler rods I started using them and have gotten rid of all other brands that I had.
Posted By: 8upwithfishin'

Re: Kistler Rods - 11/24/16 06:10 PM

Thx for all the info. I currently own a KLX, but Kistler had some Argons and Mag2's at a good price and was thinking about getting one.....sounds like I may need to save some extra $$ and get a Helium.
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Kistler Rods - 11/24/16 09:41 PM

I have KLX, Argon, Mag, Mag2 and Helium 3.
I love the Winn Grip on my Mag2.
So far I like all of the rods. Sent my Helums in to Kistler to replace the grips with Winn Grips.
Just picked up another Mag2 and KLX on sale.
Posted By: G Rod

Re: Kistler Rods - 11/25/16 01:45 AM

KLX is hard to beat but as stated earlier, the Z Bone is a little more sensitive. I have a dozen KLX rods and love the all.
Posted By: basseditor

Re: Kistler Rods - 11/25/16 02:53 AM

I've been using Kistler Rods for about 10 years. I have Z-bones, KLX, Argons and the new Feel-N-Reel series. Look under the KLX section to read about the FNR rods. Once you try a Feel-N-Reel rod, you won't use your Argons much.

Tip: Signup for email alerts on their website to get discounts sent to you.
Posted By: mhall1986

Re: Kistler Rods - 11/25/16 04:31 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I broke my bass pro crankin stick today. Ordered a couple of the kistler cranking rods on sale. I needed a new hat too!!
Posted By: basseditor

Re: Kistler Rods - 11/25/16 04:34 AM

Nice.
Posted By: Jay Kumar

Re: Kistler Rods - 12/01/16 04:59 PM

Have one Mag 2, MH all-rounder. Love it. Light, sensitive, well-balanced and I like the Winn grips.
Posted By: C130

Re: Kistler Rods - 12/01/16 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: mhall1986
Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I broke my bass pro crankin stick today. Ordered a couple of the kistler cranking rods on sale. I needed a new hat too!!

Don't go by their shop in person, you'll go crazy with all the rods, shirts, and caps. I think we bought 6 or 7 rods and going back for more soon.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum