Texas Fishing Forum

Football jigs?

Posted By: The Rodfather

Football jigs? - 11/22/16 07:20 PM

What's everyone's favorite fb jig? I'm needing to purchase some more and kinda outta the loop on new brands. Not looking for Mickey Mouse quality, must be able to hold up to Falcon fish.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Football jigs? - 11/22/16 07:32 PM

Santone and Oldham's.
Posted By: Joey Watts

Re: Football jigs? - 11/22/16 07:36 PM

Although I am some what biased, been told these were some of the best on the market. Custom built and Hand Tied Skirts. Can do with either a light wire Gama Hook or HVY Wire Mustad Hook. Plus they go on sale Thursday and Friday.

https://www.flatlandscustomtackle.com/store/c8/Jig_Heads.html

https://www.flatlandscustomtackle.com/store/p3/Football_Jigs_-_Heavy_Wire_Mustad.html
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Football jigs? - 11/22/16 07:58 PM

Talon for sure
Posted By: buda13

Re: Football jigs? - 11/22/16 09:06 PM

The one and only Talon Football jig of course... co designed by football jig master Ben Matsubu and put through the ringer on T Bend, Rayburn, and Fork. This jig has accounted for over $1 million in winnings by tournament anglers.

Re: Football jigs? - 11/22/16 10:22 PM

This color and this jig has caught some awful big fish out of Falcon and several other lakes down that way the past few years. Can see a picture of one over 12 that was caught at Falcon on my web site.

Killer Craw
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Football jigs? - 11/23/16 01:00 AM

Mike at Siebert Outdoors makes a great jig at even better prices. His Dredge Brush Jig with the Owner Deep Throat hook is my go to.
http://www.siebertoutdoors.com/Dredge-Brush-490.htm
Posted By: RedEar12

Re: Football jigs? - 11/23/16 01:06 AM

Santone

Black/Amber/Brown
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Football jigs? - 11/23/16 02:00 AM

Talon or Revenge.
Posted By: Hitch

Re: Football jigs? - 11/23/16 02:25 AM

Talon!
Posted By: Kens3313

Re: Football jigs? - 11/23/16 02:29 AM

Custom built jigs are better in my opinion. They are usually hand tied with copper so that the skirt wont fall to shreds after a year of having it.
Posted By: Slefler

Re: Football jigs? - 11/23/16 03:21 AM

You cannot go wrong with a jig from Mike at Siebert Outdoors. Many options to choose from like skirt material, head shape, hook and any color you could want, cheaper price point but a more durable product.
Posted By: sarcazmo

Re: Football jigs? - 11/23/16 05:30 AM

Nutech... They really work. All I use unless I"m doing something very specific (punching etc)
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Football jigs? - 11/23/16 05:48 AM

Talon. Hand/wire tied and excellent quality hook
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide-David Morris

Re: Football jigs? - 11/24/16 02:43 AM

V&M pacemaker paired with a j-bug
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: Football jigs? - 11/24/16 02:57 AM

http://xcitebaits.com/reflex-football-jigs/
Posted By: Slade

Re: Football jigs? - 11/24/16 04:17 AM

This is a great looking jig!

Originally Posted By: Joey Watts
This color and this jig has caught some awful big fish out of Falcon and several other lakes down that way the past few years. Can see a picture of one over 12 that was caught at Falcon on my web site.

Killer Craw

Re: Football jigs? - 11/24/16 04:20 AM

Thanks for the input folks, I'll check out some of these recommendations! I really like that jig pictured!
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Football jigs? - 11/24/16 03:53 PM

Maybe it is just me but the Talon football head jigs got hung up more than other brands of football head jigs I tried. I know many fish have been caught on them, they just didn't work as well for me as other brands.
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: Football jigs? - 11/24/16 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: RedEar12
Santone

Black/Amber/Brown

Kinda like this one? Lol. RedEar will put you on some fish! He should be a guide or something

Re: Football jigs? - 11/24/16 04:37 PM

Sold!! Updated my TW cart, lol!

Re: Football jigs? - 11/24/16 06:09 PM

Can get 20 % off on mine today and tomorrow. Enter TGBF20 into the coupon code when checking out.

Thanks and Good Luck
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Football jigs? - 11/25/16 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: RedEar12
Santone

Black/Amber/Brown

This color is one of the top sellers in jigs but I always wondered if a Black/Brown/Green Pumpkin would out sell it.
Posted By: DUTCHY

Re: Football jigs? - 11/25/16 04:34 AM

I have been using these jigs
Greenfish Tackle
Posted By: Bulletman99

Re: Football jigs? - 11/28/16 03:40 PM

Boss Standup FB and their new Invader (Most Weedless I've ever used) Jigs
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Football jigs? - 11/28/16 05:19 PM

Check out the bottom link in my signature. All hand/wire tied, silicone with 60+ strands, Mustad heavy wire hooks, baked heads....I've got some of these that I've been throwing for over 6 months that I'm still hauling in fish with. Best color selection in my opinion.
Posted By: New Start

Re: Football jigs? - 11/28/16 06:09 PM

V&M Pacemaker by far
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Football jigs? - 11/28/16 06:27 PM

I know NE Texas is Santone country and they make great jigs but my preference has always been Revenge jigs. They are all hand painted and when you see the detail you will notice it for sure. Best color for me has always been Chartreuse/Chameleon, Black/Blue/Purple and of course black/blue. For the football heads specifically, I've always done well on Watermelon/Red and their perch color.
Posted By: Chet

Re: Football jigs? - 11/28/16 06:31 PM

"Dirty Jigs" are as good as it gets. Been using for 7 years and since an 11-3 on Falcon never considered changing.
Posted By: thirtysixit

Re: Football jigs? - 11/29/16 03:26 AM

Revenge baits football jig.... Made in USA. Great quality
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum