Texas Fishing Forum

O-rings on swim bait hooks...

Posted By: propman

O-rings on swim bait hooks... - 11/22/16 05:16 PM

Will putting O-rings on swim bait hooks, especially the big 10/0 Owner Beasts, help or hurt the bait's action?
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: O-rings on swim bait hooks... - 11/22/16 06:08 PM

If you mean, for making them weedless.....I'd say no.....
Posted By: 361V

Re: O-rings on swim bait hooks... - 11/22/16 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: propman
Will putting O-rings on swim bait hooks, especially the big 10/0 Owner Beasts, help or hurt the bait's action?
I tie directly to the hooks eye. I could see where it would possibly get you more action(thump) like the O-ring on a crankbait. Sounds like a good "swimming pool test" for you! Post the results. :-)

Re: O-rings on swim bait hooks... - 11/23/16 03:38 PM

How would putting an O-ring on a 10/0 Owner Beast Hook, which is a single weighted or weightless hook, make it weedless? I wish I had a swimming pool for this, but I've had one in the past and don't care for caring for one as I've gotten older. Since I retired and moved to Pilot Point I use the beach at the State Park for swimming. I guess that would be the place to go since the boat is temporarily out of service. I do have a friend who said he tried it in one of his friend's pool and it worked good. Got to try it. I think it will give the big plastic swim bait more side to side action if not tied directly to the hook.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: O-rings on swim bait hooks... - 11/23/16 07:14 PM

What are u trying to Do?

Re: O-rings on swim bait hooks... - 11/23/16 07:32 PM

I'm just trying to see if the O-ring helps with more body movement than when line is tied directly to the hook's eye.
Posted By: FlaNative

Re: O-rings on swim bait hooks... - 11/23/16 07:36 PM

A split ring?

Re: O-rings on swim bait hooks... - 11/23/16 08:09 PM

A split ring, yes. Sorry my old brain thinks of them as an O-ring that is split for connecting to a hook or nose of an bait.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: O-rings on swim bait hooks... - 11/23/16 08:19 PM

That makes more sense. I'm really not sure might help with action

Re: O-rings on swim bait hooks... - 11/23/16 08:31 PM

The action is what I'm trying to improve on, if it is possible.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum