Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma Smallies

Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Texoma Smallies - 11/21/16 03:59 PM

Are they chewing up there yet? Want to take a trip up there this week to stick some smallies and just wanted to know if it's worth my time.
Posted By: Rod crafters bass club

Re: Texoma Smallies - 11/21/16 04:23 PM

We fished texoma in October and caught several smallies caught my PB and then topped it 30 minutes later off blow down trees on secondary points. [img:left]http://[/img]
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Texoma Smallies - 11/21/16 05:12 PM

tournament yesterday was won with a full bag of smallmouth and the 3 biggest fish at weight in were all smallies!
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Texoma Smallies - 11/21/16 05:14 PM

my second cast of the morning was a fun fight!
Posted By: Chanzilla

Re: Texoma Smallies - 11/21/16 05:57 PM

The smallmouth on Belton are eating pretty dang good right now...
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: Texoma Smallies - 11/21/16 06:29 PM

Is the south end around Eisenhower still the best area to target smallies? I've only been on the lake a couple times.
Posted By: Crankenstein7

Re: Texoma Smallies - 11/21/16 07:55 PM

There good around Willow Springs and even further down to the bridge up Glasses Creek,, several over 4lbs and a few over 5 lbs,,
Posted By: Crankenstein7

Re: Texoma Smallies - 11/21/16 07:56 PM

How do I post pics on here?? Thanks for any help..
Posted By: nate king

Re: Texoma Smallies - 11/22/16 02:53 AM

here is Bill Wilcox show on lake texoma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVLu2dgtzQ
Posted By: Bass N Beer

Re: Texoma Smallies - 11/22/16 03:02 AM

I was always told the south shore from the dam to little mineral for smallies. Although, I was also told the south shore from the dam to Highport.
Posted By: Mossive

Re: Texoma Smallies - 11/22/16 01:54 PM

love his stuff, he lives the life man.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Texoma Smallies - 11/22/16 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass N Beer
I was always told the south shore from the dam to little mineral for smallies. Although, I was also told the south shore from the dam to Highport.

Well I was told from the Willis Bridge to the Dam on the north shore.
Dude, someone lying to us.
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Texoma Smallies - 11/25/16 01:27 PM

Smallies relate to rocks, they are nomads and follow their food source most of the year and are for the most part hard to predict. The good news is that this time of year they are in most rocky coves following the fall baitfish migration. If the wind will allow this time of year you can catch them from main lake rocky points all the way to the back of the creek coves, just remember that when the rocks stop the smallies usually do too. So with that being said the whole east side of Texoma is good for smallies. Soldier creek, Caney creek, Alberta creek, Willow springs, Catfish bay, and Little glasses on the north end. On the south end I have caught them from Buncomb creek (north side of the lake close to the Willis bridge), Big meneral, Tucker cove, Highport and everything from there to the dam. Again it depends on the baitfish activity and location. Right now you can catch them on top water and soft jerk baits, then you can go to the crank baits, jigs, shakey heads, drop shot, and the hard jerk baits, the hard jerk baits will start to dominate as the water cools down below 50 degrees. The best way to target these smallies is to pick you an area and work that area and not spend your time running several miles of the lake. good luck
Posted By: bassin518

Re: Texoma Smallies - 11/25/16 09:51 PM

Gotta love the smallies thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum