Texas Fishing Forum

Sharelunker!!!

Posted By: FishVibesTv

Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 03:19 PM

Just got pics of a sharelunker caught on Lake Lewisville 30 mins ago 13.5lbs!!! MONSTER TOAD OMG
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 03:25 PM

Oh MY!! That lake is kicking out some giants.

I'm surprised it wasn't one of the Shipe Bros. thumb
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 03:29 PM

Oink oink. What a fat pig! Congrats to the angler.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 03:32 PM

Wow!!! That's a manster!

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 03:39 PM

Will "CPR" qualify you for the sharelunker program? I thought the fish had to be in their hands for you to qualify.
Posted By: Dr JL

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 03:45 PM

I like the belly on that one!
Congrats!!!
Posted By: John P085

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 03:54 PM

popcorn2
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 04:08 PM

Very Nice. I hope he puts her back in the lake ASAP so she can live in her natural world.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 04:09 PM

I though they were only going to take them during spawn now.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 04:10 PM

Lots of fish all over east TX spawn in the fall. Lots have eggs from Oct-May
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 04:15 PM

Bet he was crappie fishing
Posted By: tejasbass

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 04:17 PM

Do tell the story...
Posted By: goodman1389

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin
I though they were only going to take them during spawn now.

They are only taking them to the hatchery for spawning purposes Jan-March. Sharelunkers caught outside of that window are evaluated on site and returned to the angler so hopefully this one will be going back into Lewisville.
Posted By: JKib

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 04:37 PM

That is a toad, maybe one of these days I'll stick one like that
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 05:15 PM

Nice catch , catch of a lifetime . Good job .
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 05:39 PM

Was it caught on the fishing barge?

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 05:49 PM

Not sure but just got word that the official weight was 14.1lbs and it was caught on Texas rig worm...
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 05:56 PM

congrats to the angler on the beast he caught.
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 06:01 PM

PIG
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 06:32 PM

Awesome fish. Congratulations to the angler. cheers
Posted By: teambassmanager

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 06:34 PM

If that fish is 14.1 it will be the new lake record!! Congrats on the catch and potential NEW lake record!!!

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 06:44 PM

This is the guys sister that gave the update

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 06:56 PM

The assumption of being caught on the barge is simply because that is where the pictures of the holding tank were taken. He could've caught it anywhere, I was just asking... Having a fish on the barge and then releasing it in sight of those fishing, people will ask a ton of questions, and may even try to snag it... Yes, catch/release isn't that understood by many!
Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 06:56 PM

Nice one! Congrats.
Posted By: shiv

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 07:04 PM

Congratulations to the fishermen that caught the new lake record. thumb
Posted By: Miker

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 07:07 PM

Fish was caught about 7:45 this morning on a TX rig and not at the barge, (he will not be eating the fish ). He went to the barge in hopes to find a certified scale. Supposedly basspros certification expired in September so he couldn't go there. People from Athens should be there shortly, fish is acting OK so far. Its in a large holding tank while he waits on TP&W. Congrats Scott, hope you get your record.
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 07:16 PM

Congrats on the fish! You people that get on here and think you know the story and bash people just need to get a life! Just say congrats and move on!
Posted By: DKennimer

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 07:23 PM

Congrats to the Angler on the fish of a lifetime!! Beast!!
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Dax Davis
Congrats on the fish! You people that get on here and think you know the story and bash people just need to get a life! Just say congrats and move on!

thumb clap
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 07:39 PM

+1000 Dax, could only be jealousy causing folks to think the worse but that's social media for you. I caught a 14+ years ago and did the same thing, took it to the closest certified scale which was a marina. That's the first thing I thought when I saw the picture that he was going to certify the weight. I caught mine at Fork which is not near as impressive as this one, caught at a lake known for recreational boating and sand bass. Hope he gets the recognition he deserves.
flehan
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 08:02 PM

congrats on a great fish its that time of year. I think a lot of the post today was from sarcasm because of the post in recent years or at least I hope that is it.

This is a good fish either way and a catch he will remember for a long time.
Posted By: IIIMag

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 08:12 PM

Great fish. Congratulations!

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 08:16 PM

14.1 !!!!!!!

Wow!!!! only one other LMB has been recorded as heavier in the DFW metroplex (Joe Pool 14.45)

Big time congrats!
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 08:18 PM

They are not big enough for that.
Posted By: GROD

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 08:18 PM

Wow!!!! Very nice sir!

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx
14.1 !!!!!!!

Wow!!!! only one other LMB has been recorded as heavier in the DFW metroplex (Joe Pool 14.45)

Big time congrats!

15.18 on Lake Ray Roberts last year?

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 09:13 PM

Update: Small world actually.. my brother works with Scott (the man who caught the fish). There is a lot of confusion with this fish and the official weight of this fish is 12.8 not 13.5 nor 14.1. THIS IS A FACT from the man himself. Please make sure this thread stays at this with facts unless Scott himself appears or Dan the person who netted his STILL nice catch on Lewisville. I am awaiting a video link.
Posted By: David Rush

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 09:40 PM

Way to go Scott!!!
Posted By: scott82

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 09:42 PM

So here's how it all happened. I got talked into going fishing this morning by the service director. It was very cold. My plan was to just watch football all day. He said to let's just go out and fish there area where we launch. Fish until 11 and go watch the game. We catch 6-8 fish mostly small fish but a gas
Small keepers. I made a 3 rd cast to the same small little area to give my back seat boater first crack at a prime spot. He doesn't get to go out much. So I though it's the least I could do. I felt the fish inhale my bait with pressure still there so I set the hook. Landed the fish. We were so fired up. Weight 13.2 13.3 on my hand held scale. Share lunker just opened. Took her to the barge. 13.5 on his scale. But it's not certified. After talked lt TPWL several times it was determined taking the fish to bass pro wouldn't work for me reasons mentioned earlier. Plus their holding tank is empty. So the nice ppl at whole sale live bait in lewisville were kind enough to pick the fish up at barge and take it to their property to hold it. They do have several large tanks that are well aeratited. They weighed her they on their scale with out me present bc I had to cross the lake. He said on his scale she weighed 14.1. TPWL finally made it out around 1:40. He weighed her on their certified scale at 12.80. I was bumped out about that. Felt bad that I had TPWL drive out for no reason. Kept the guy late at the bait shop stayed late for no reason. Launched my boat at tower bay and released her. She was so strong that I could even hold her to help revive her from the trip once I got her into the lake. She swam straight for the bottom. I waited 20 min to see if she would come back up and she didn't. So I left and felt better that I didn't kill a giant.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: scott82
So here's how it all happened. I got talked into going fishing this morning by the service director. It was very cold. My plan was to just watch football all day. He said to let's just go out and fish there area where we launch. Fish until 11 and go watch the game. We catch 6-8 fish mostly small fish but a gas
Small keepers. I made a 3 rd cast to the same small little area to give my back seat boater first crack at a prime spot. He doesn't get to go out much. So I though it's the least I could do. I felt the fish inhale my bait with pressure still there so I set the hook. Landed the fish. We were so fired up. Weight 13.2 13.3 on my hand held scale. Share lunker just opened. Took her to the barge. 13.5 on his scale. But it's not certified. After talked lt TPWL several times it was determined taking the fish to bass pro wouldn't work for me reasons mentioned earlier. Plus their holding tank is empty. So the nice ppl at whole sale live bait in lewisville were kind enough to pick the fish up at barge and take it to their property to hold it. They do have several large tanks that are well aeratited. They weighed her they on their scale with out me present bc I had to cross the lake. He said on his scale she weighed 14.1. TPWL finally made it out around 1:40. He weighed her on their certified scale at 12.80. I was bumped out about that. Felt bad that I had TPWL drive out for no reason. Kept the guy late at the bait shop stayed late for no reason. Launched my boat at tower bay and released her. She was so strong that I could even hold her to help revive her from the trip once I got her into the lake. She swam straight for the bottom. I waited 20 min to see if she would come back up and she didn't. So I left and felt better that I didn't kill a giant.

Congrats thumb

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 09:56 PM

Still a nice catch!
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 10:01 PM

Thanks Scott for clearing all this up and releasing the bass back. Some would have considered mounting it with good reason but glad you didn't. You can get a replica which is just as good. 12.8 is nothing to sneeze at buddy, congrats and I'm sure you have good pictures for memories.

cheer
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 10:07 PM

Nice fish! Bait and depth?

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 10:09 PM

Congrats Scott!

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 10:11 PM

Thanks guys. Tx rig lizard 9-10 ft
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 10:14 PM

Very nice, glad she is still swimming! Good job and congratulations!
Posted By: Frank I

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 10:17 PM

Well said. Congrats to the guy who caught her
Posted By: danwig52

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 10:23 PM

So here's how it all happened.....

Well done sir!
Posted By: CHIG68

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 10:37 PM

Congrats Scott! thumb
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 10:47 PM

Excellent catch scott82. Thanks for sharing the story.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 11:01 PM

What an awesome fish. Congrats sir! BBT Lewisville is back on the schedule!!! bolt
Posted By: Blindshot54

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 11:15 PM

Awesome fish. Congrat's!!!!!!!
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Blindshot54
Awesome fish. Congrat's!!!!!!!

cheers peep
Posted By: AgSellers04

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 11:44 PM

Great Lewisville fish and good story to go with it. Congrats!
Posted By: Scott Gordon

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 11:50 PM

AWESOME BIG BASS !!!!
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/20/16 11:55 PM

Congrats on the catch & the way you handled the post-catch circus!
Posted By: tfowler10

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 12:09 AM

Nice catch! Congrats
Posted By: Slefler

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 12:24 AM

cheers
Posted By: Basser1OH

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 12:46 AM

Fantastic catch! We were one of the other few boats out today and caugh plenty of fish but nothing over 2 1/2#'s. That's a catch of a lifetime for most of us.
Posted By: Fishwfly

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 12:47 AM

Wow! Fantastic catch man! Congrats to Scott!
Posted By: BassHunter 69

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 02:45 AM

Congrats!

Too bad that didn't happen during our Denton County Classic we just had at Lewisville. But we all have a chance at getting it in December!
Posted By: DKennimer

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 03:17 AM

Thanks for sharing your story. Still a beast!! thumb
Posted By: FisH4HogZ

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 04:12 AM

Awesome fish. Congrats!
Posted By: LukeAnderson

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 04:14 AM

Damn she's a freakin pig!! How long was she?!
Posted By: tejasbass

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 04:25 AM

Scott, that's a Fish of a lifetime. Congrats!!!
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 04:33 AM

cheers

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 04:52 AM

Nice Fish!

Congratulations on the 'ALMOST'! But, great story, and you got some excellent photos.
Posted By: Chuck A

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 05:27 AM

Nice fish. Congrats!!
Posted By: MikeW62

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 11:24 AM

What a chunk!
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 11:38 AM

Great job, Scott.....Most definitely a fish of a lifetime. And on a mudhole of a lake! bolt

Thanks for sharing the facts. Saved a lot of haters from coming aboard.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 01:07 PM

Great job sir. Very few fish of the caliber are caught annually. 12.8 or 13.whatever its a rare fish!
Posted By: mikereils5er

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 04:33 PM

congrats! what a catch!
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 04:40 PM

cheers
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 06:02 PM

woot
Posted By: Buddy E

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 06:19 PM

Awesome fish and great story, beats sitting at home waiting for a football game.
Posted By: RandyK

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 06:30 PM

Good job Scott!!!
Posted By: EZ_Legend

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 07:41 PM

Awesome fish!! 12.8lbs.... 14.1lbs... I'd put the Pope in a headlock for either one of those!! Great job and thanks for keeping her alive!!
Posted By: Robinson0212

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 07:44 PM

She is the real deal.... Awesome!
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 07:53 PM

NICE!!
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 08:11 PM

Well done and congratulations! cheers
Posted By: Gibby

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 11:05 PM

Awesome fish! Congrats!
Posted By: Tjbev13

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 11:30 PM

Chunk!
Posted By: Fishfinder65

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/21/16 11:46 PM

You just caught her about three months early!!
Posted By: 89javelin100

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/22/16 12:29 AM

any better pictures?
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/22/16 12:41 AM

Very nice fish! Congrats!
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/22/16 01:09 AM

My hat is off to you!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/22/16 02:23 AM

CONGRATS ON A TRUE BEAST OF A FISH!!! thumb thumb
Posted By: Rockhound_Byars

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/23/16 02:24 PM

Awesome football...err...fish! Of a lifetime.
Congrats!
Posted By: Slade

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/23/16 03:29 PM

That's an amazing fish! Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures. I know you where probably a little disappointed that it wasn't a SAL but like others have said that's a fish of a lifetime and that's all I'm interested in at this point is trying to catch a 12#. Congratulations!
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/23/16 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: goodman1389
They are only taking them to the hatchery for spawning purposes Jan-March. Sharelunkers caught outside of that window are evaluated on site and returned to the angler so hopefully this one will be going back into Lewisville.
I hadn't heard this yet, thanks for the info. So why enter a SAL outside the window?, just to get the free replica and tpwd to chip them?
Posted By: toddfish

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/24/16 08:27 AM

thumb
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/25/16 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
Excellent catch scott82. Thanks for sharing the story.

She's a blimp!

Beautiful fish
Posted By: nwest10

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/25/16 11:49 PM

Very nice!
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/26/16 03:38 AM

congrats..nice catch.. what did it eat?
Posted By: bassassassin903

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/29/16 03:55 AM

Great Fish
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/29/16 04:42 AM

cheers Very nice fish
Posted By: Jamoke

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/29/16 03:24 PM

Truly shows a lot of class!! Many would have kept that fish and had it mounted. The fact that you worked Hard to keep her healthy and released her to fight another day is inspirational and says a lot about your character. Nice fish and thanks for sharing your story!!!

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/29/16 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
So why enter a SAL outside the window?, just to get the free replica and tpwd to chip them?

Yes, and the other perks, including the chance at a free lifetime license.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/29/16 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Bruce Allen
congrats..nice catch.. what did it eat?

T-rig Lizard... I think I read that somewhere here.

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/29/16 09:34 PM

That is correct. She ate a t-rig lizard. Went back out on Sunday. Fished the same area and not even a bite. Crazy how they can move completely out of an area in a weeks time.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Sharelunker!!! - 11/29/16 10:45 PM

They didn't move out of the area. There are other Big Bass close by. The one you caught was up feeding. Congratulations for being at the right place at the right time. Others are close on the drop; so keep looking. They will be right under your nose; you want believe it if you find them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum