Texas Fishing Forum

Question on depth finder

Posted By: pdawg

Question on depth finder - 11/18/16 05:05 AM

Just bought me a boat after being without for several years, seems the electronics have changed alot since I was fishing so whats a good middle of the road for the front of the boat?
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: Question on depth finder - 11/18/16 05:07 AM

Lowrance and humminbird both have good mid units for decent prices
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Question on depth finder - 11/18/16 12:07 PM

Garmin Striker 5cv, $300. ClearVu (down view), standard sonar, GPS for way points and tracking, (no maps) and the easiest unit to navigate through the menus.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Question on depth finder - 11/18/16 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: ring fry
Garmin Striker 5cv, $300. ClearVu (down view), standard sonar, GPS for way points and tracking, (no maps) and the easiest unit to navigate through the menus.

SE Kansas grass grower

I agree 100; I was surprised with the Garmin, super easy at a great price. I'm glad I upgraded.
Posted By: Transplant

Re: Question on depth finder - 11/18/16 01:44 PM

I agree with RingFry. If you can step up to the 7" model you will be even more happier!! EASY to use, bright and clear!!
Posted By: pdawg

Re: Question on depth finder - 11/18/16 02:42 PM

Thank You all for the feedback
Posted By: M. Massoletti

Re: Question on depth finder - 11/21/16 02:32 AM

Might wait a few days. Tackle Warehouse should be starting there black Friday sale day after thanksgiving. Last year it was 20% off with no tax or shipping so you might be able to upgrade a little bit over what your looking at right now.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Question on depth finder - 11/21/16 12:25 PM

BPS will have a huge black Friday sale and I highly recommend a Lowrance Elite 7ti. Best unit I have ever owned and has GPS, downscan/sidescan with a color touchscreen. I added a Navionics Platinum Hotmap chip ( you should make sure whatever unit you buy has a slot in case you decide to add Navionics or Lakemaster) and I can plan what area of any lake I plan to fish right in my garage including waypoints. Awesome machine and easy to operate.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Question on depth finder - 11/21/16 01:11 PM

Look at universalmania.com hard to beat their prices
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum