Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool Tuesday

Posted By: kevindlew

Joe Pool Tuesday - 11/17/16 02:56 PM

Just now getting around to posting this, but my brother and I had a great afternoon on JP Tuesday afternoon. This is him with his toad of the day.

Posted By: beermill

Re: Joe Pool Tuesday - 11/17/16 03:14 PM

Nice one.
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Joe Pool Tuesday - 11/17/16 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: beermill
Nice one.
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: Joe Pool Tuesday - 11/17/16 04:42 PM

I was out there too.. only found the babies but I was fishing deep.. 15-25' I was blown away by seeing all the schools of bait on the surface at dusk, but only the birds were feeding on them. I didn't see any schools of white bass or anything feeding on the surface. I wondered if the Super Moon had any effect on the feeding pattern.. nice fish by the way.

BD
Posted By: kevindlew

Re: Joe Pool Tuesday - 11/19/16 10:13 PM

BD, what time of day? I personally feel like the supermoons have them feeding later into the night, making the morning bite pretty weak. We've been having most of our luck in the afternoon and early evening.

Re: Joe Pool Tuesday - 11/20/16 03:14 AM

Kevin.. I fished in the afternoon.. from abuot 2:30 till dark. my comment about the bait fish was about dusk.. I put in at Loyd Park and that whole creek where the ramp is was full of schools of shad up on the surface and the only things feeding on them that I could see were the birds. I was casting a chrome/black rattle bait all around them with no takers. Really surprised me.

BD
Posted By: Bill J

Re: Joe Pool Tuesday - 11/22/16 01:31 AM

I've never caught anything on rattle traps on Joe Pool. Even when I've been in the middle of feeding sand bass, they wouldn't hit it. Always worked on other lakes.

Re: Joe Pool Tuesday - 11/22/16 01:39 AM

Bill J.. I have had good luck on JP using Xcalibur rattle baits.. my fave color has been gold and black. I've caught both LM and White bass on that bait. I put a chrome one on just to match the hatch a little better.. maybe I should go back to Gold! smile I don't usually like to beat the bank but its what I use when I do..

BD
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Joe Pool Tuesday - 11/22/16 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Bill J
I've never caught anything on rattle traps on Joe Pool. Even when I've been in the middle of feeding sand bass, they wouldn't hit it. Always worked on other lakes.

Same here. I tried with them schooling and it rarely ever caught one. I haven't tied one on in about 2 years. A casting spoon works much better for me. Schooling fish is almost one every cast.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum