Texas Fishing Forum

Hubbard creek lake

Posted By: chargerman1

Hubbard creek lake - 11/17/16 01:41 PM

Has anyone ever fished Hubbard Creek lake in Breckenridge if so how was it. Whats the lake like?
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Hubbard creek lake - 11/17/16 07:36 PM

Back, before it went dry.....it was a great lake to fish....I had my best luck in the creek, on the West side...
Posted By: chargerman1

Re: Hubbard creek lake - 11/20/16 12:34 PM

ttt
Posted By: 9094

Re: Hubbard creek lake - 11/20/16 02:13 PM

It is full now. Lots of fish in the lake. Not as many big ones but a lot of fish
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Hubbard creek lake - 11/20/16 02:27 PM

Before it got low it was one giant hammer hole. Any minute you could set the hook on an 8 lb fish damn near anywhere on the lake. Hopefully it returns to 1/2 of what it was.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Hubbard creek lake - 11/21/16 03:10 PM

HC went through a cycle where it got low and then came up, and was really pretty good for a few years. But it wasn't always that way. I grew up and lived on the lake and the few years it was good in the 2000's was a rare phenomenon. Getting down to 30 feet low and coming back up like it has will probably help restore and reset the lake. I look for it to be pretty good again. There are a bunch of fish in the lake right now, and with all the cover in the lake, there should be a pretty good spawn over the next several years.
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: Hubbard creek lake - 11/21/16 04:48 PM

The two fish in my sig are from there. Used to be full of big fish. Look forward to fishing there pretty soon.
Posted By: Greg Bowman

Re: Hubbard creek lake - 11/21/16 10:17 PM

My grandmother lived on that lake with a dock. We used to haul lots of big bass out of there. Easter of 01 my father and I caught two #10s on topwater. Haven't been in recent years since my grandmother passed but a co worker of mine says he tears them up out there. I loved fishing the island out there so much great structure all around that lake.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Hubbard creek lake - 11/22/16 01:15 AM

It sure is starting to look good, my boat is on PK and one day I'm going to have to hit it. It sure was a sad to see it dwindle down to a swamp. Thank God for the rain we had that filled up our lakes.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum