Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin electronics?

Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

Garmin electronics? - 11/11/16 12:25 AM

Are Garmin electronics any good? I've seen a few videos on them and they look pretty cool. Can anyone with them let me know what they think?
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Garmin electronics? - 11/11/16 02:58 AM

I have a 1040xs and love it. I wish I could afford the 7600 series but with 5 kids I can't. I got my 1040xs for half price. I will not trade my garmin for the others. I have had them but love garmin.
Posted By: Rick Collis

Re: Garmin electronics? - 11/11/16 11:18 AM

93SV is the best unit out there for the money.IMHO
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Garmin electronics? - 11/11/16 11:34 AM

They turn off when then get too hot from the Texas sun if they are on the front end of the boat, I was done with them after that. Maybe they fixed that issue
Posted By: Rick Collis

Re: Garmin electronics? - 11/11/16 01:18 PM

Have had several 93sv and had never had one turn off. I always wire mine directly to the battery and heat or low voltage has never been a issue. There is a lot of info on the Garmin page at BBC.

Re: Garmin electronics? - 11/11/16 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger
They turn off when then get too hot from the Texas sun if they are on the front end of the boat, I was done with them after that. Maybe they fixed that issue

Mine does not turn off and I fish during the heat of the summer. Never a problem.

Re: Garmin electronics? - 11/11/16 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Rick Collis
Have had several 93sv and had never had one turn off. I always wire mine directly to the battery and heat or low voltage has never been a issue. There is a lot of info on the Garmin page at BBC.

BBC is a great source to learn about garmin.
Posted By: McKinneyMike

Re: Garmin electronics? - 11/11/16 03:40 PM

I am far from an electronics expert, but I love my 93SV Chirp.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Garmin electronics? - 11/11/16 06:48 PM

93SV at the console and 73DV at the bow and they are both awesome! Have not had any issues such as turning off.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Garmin electronics? - 11/12/16 12:23 AM

Yep,... fish
Posted By: shiv

Re: Garmin electronics? - 11/12/16 02:36 AM

I love my Garmin electronics. Never a problem, great color, GPS, DV, SV and there only getting better! banana
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Garmin electronics? - 11/12/16 12:30 PM

Have 73dv and 53dv love them. I am currrently testing the 1042xsv. It will come out around the first of the year hopefully. This is going to be an awesome unit. One button favorites, a dial for zoom and navigation of menues, ClearVu, SideVu, and as always so easy to use.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Garmin electronics? - 11/12/16 02:21 PM

plus 1

I have had my 93sv was on the preorder list and have ran it almost 2 years and zero issues
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Garmin electronics? - 11/13/16 12:52 AM

Black Friday could be real good!!! bolt

SE Kansas grass grower
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum