Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard?

Posted By: jvj9805

Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/10/16 02:24 AM

Havent had much time to hit the lake because of school. What would be the best decision to make to have the best day tomorrow between those lakes?
Posted By: Do-Nothin

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/10/16 02:28 AM

Thinking about heading to Lew with a buddy of mine, trying to decide between LL or RR. I think you can catch plenty of numbers on Lew!
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/10/16 02:38 AM

RR
Posted By: Mulholland

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/10/16 02:41 AM

Lew Saturday working mans spit out a 16.25lb 3 fish limit with a 9.45lb kicker last week... Ray Roberts has not been fishing nearly as well this past year.

But there ain't no fish in Lewisville.
Posted By: Mulholland

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/10/16 02:42 AM

I'd love a report on Joe pool, launch at Lloyd park and fish up Lynn creek and let me know if I should head over there yet lol
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/10/16 03:00 AM

Pool has been dead for me lately
Posted By: Slade

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/10/16 04:01 AM

I fish JP every week at least one day, most of the time two days. It has been really tough for me the last 4-5 weeks. I don't fish shallow much but it has been tough.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/10/16 05:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Slade
I fish JP every week at least one day, most of the time two days. It has been really tough for me the last 4-5 weeks. I don't fish shallow much but it has been tough.

Glad it isn't just me. I'm not that motivated to actually fish on it right now. I still go out but spend more day just using the graphs than throwing a lure right now.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/10/16 12:18 PM

Lew is currently producing...at least last Friday it was. I didn't catch any 9's but had a blast with a SB in the bushes.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/10/16 01:12 PM

Man..I always have good days and nice fish on Pool.... but, with my tourney schedule winding down, I haven't had a chance to fish my home lake in months. I plan on living on it starting the week of thanksgiving. Last fall...everything was coming in the upper end of the lake and in 8-10FOW.
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/10/16 01:35 PM

numbers....Joe Pool.
Size - Hubbard
Numbers with good size - Lewisville
Posted By: beermill

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/10/16 03:58 PM

Two weeks ago I caught an 8 and a 6 on Joe Pool. Only fished 3 hours each time. Did not have numbers but we did catch size.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/10/16 04:28 PM

I just finished Mapping Ray Hubbard for a customer. Boy what a lake. The 20 spots found are excellent and there is no doubt that the big fish are there.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/10/16 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
I just finished Mapping Ray Hubbard for a customer. Boy what a lake. The 20 spots found are excellent and there is no doubt that the big fish are there.

Hmmm...I'd like some of them spots, Mr. Harper grin
Posted By: RL206

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/11/16 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper

Yes but odds are they're carp or gar.
Posted By: Slade

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/11/16 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Man..I always have good days and nice fish on Pool.... but, with my tourney schedule winding down, I haven't had a chance to fish my home lake in months. I plan on living on it starting the week of thanksgiving. Last fall...everything was coming in the upper end of the lake and in 8-10FOW.

Well I will be glad when the bite in that depth turns back on. There for awhile I was catching, #7-10's almost every trip. It slowed in August, I caught a 10.58 the first Monday of October and an #8 that same day, but I have caught nothing over #2-3lbs since. I fish anywhere from 8-20' most of the time, hovering closer to 15' most of the time, but I will keep at it and start looking in 8' or less a bit more. I'm not looking for numbers, just looking for big ones.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/11/16 03:17 PM

Well where did you go and how did you do?
Posted By: burner42

Re: Lewisville Joe Pool or Hubbard? - 11/11/16 03:43 PM

Donald, your crazy! There's no fish on Hubbard. Lol

Caught this last night, along with a few 2 lbers.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum