Posted By: flexpress

loomis - 11/09/16 08:19 PM

who sell tip's for them cant get loomis to tell me nothin
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: loomis - 11/09/16 09:25 PM

Contact Reel Time Rods at Fork, Ron usually has guides for most any rod
Posted By: 89javelin100

Re: loomis - 11/09/16 09:34 PM

I just had my Gloomis repaired from a guy on here (KVS) i think, Ill have to find him. Absolutely top notch. Factory guides. New tip, etc. He lives in burleson.

My rod is now like new
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: loomis - 11/09/16 10:30 PM

I have one with 3" of the tip broke off and need to send it in. I have found just doing this through the Post Office or UPS in a long tube is just too expensive. I need a dealer close by that has good rates on shipping one back.

Is there any guidance on this??
Posted By: Fisherdad58

Re: loomis - 11/09/16 10:36 PM

SW Parts on Mockingbird in Dallas. You may have to pay the warranty replacement charge unless they cover it 100%. The only way to do it thru G Loomis/Shimano is on the internet and follow their warranty guidelines. They were VERY SLOW when I did it.

Donald, you mite give them a call at SW Parts if it's close enough for you. I've had them offer to pack, ship and do the paperwork on one for a replacement.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: loomis - 11/09/16 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: flexpress
who sell tip's for them cant get loomis to tell me nothin

Did you call or email? I sent one of my NRX's in to replace the guide and they did it for free. They even shipped it back on their dime. Took less than a week too.
Posted By: Hoghunter36

Re: loomis - 11/10/16 03:52 AM

Yes kvs is awesome!
Posted By: Techsan4

Re: loomis - 11/10/16 06:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Fisherdad58
SW Parts on Mockingbird in Dallas. You may have to pay the warranty replacement charge unless they cover it 100%. The only way to do it thru G Loomis/Shimano is on the internet and follow their warranty guidelines. They were VERY SLOW when I did it.

That's interesting. I have used the loomis warranty on several rods and it has been very fast every time. I'm talking new rod at my door in a couple days.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: loomis - 11/10/16 06:28 AM

There is a difference in the warranty service and the no questions expiditer service. In Don's case I would use the expiditer service. For a tip replacement another good repairman is RT who is also located at Lake Fork.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: loomis - 11/10/16 11:39 AM

SW Parts is very slow on anything, They are horrible at customer Service. I went in the couple years ago, nobody was at the counter, I was only person there and then after a few minutes there were at least 5 people just standing in the store waiting for someone to come out and help them.

I avoid the place now

Re: loomis - 11/10/16 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger

SW Parts is very slow on anything, They are horrible at customer Service. I went in the couple years ago, nobody was at the counter, I was only person there and then after a few minutes there were at least 5 people just standing in the store waiting for someone to come out and help them.

I avoid the place now

I've been going in there for close to 40 years now and have always thought them to be a real good bunch to do business with. I don't guess I've ever been in there in a hurry though. They do get busy sometimes.

Re: loomis - 11/10/16 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Techsan4

That's interesting. I have used the loomis warranty on several rods and it has been very fast every time. I'm talking new rod at my door in a couple days.

Yeah that's what I have always heard. I had a "Wild Card" on one that I broke but couldn't find one exactly like it. When I called Loomis they acted like they had never heard of a wild card replacement. After several phone calls and emails somebody finally said "oh yeah, that". I shipped it to them and it took 2 months to get my replacement, which was defective when I got it. It broke on the 1st hook set. I used the expediter service on that one and it took about 3 weeks on that one. I still love their rods though.
Posted By: flexpress

Re: loomis - 11/10/16 07:59 PM

i'm supprized none of these guy's chimed in ...
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: loomis - 11/11/16 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Techsan4

This has been my experience as well. I just sent them two 10yr old rods that needed an eye or two. They called me the next day after I got delivery verification and are in the process of making the repairs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum