Texas Fishing Forum

Has anybody actually sight-fished Squaw before?

Posted By: Okie Poke

Has anybody actually sight-fished Squaw before? - 11/08/16 08:12 PM

I'm talkin' running banks and looking for bedders...finding them and then flip at 'em until you catch them? I've never had luck doing this. I've never had luck finding any good ones on beds, ever. How come? I've only seen skiddish runts, flip once and they're gone. You would think by the clarity and frequency of spawns that people would be able to fish this way. I'm a believer that those fish spawn deep on Squaw, 5-10ft. I guess they don't need the sunlight and warmer areas to lay their eggs since that lake stays warm enough (over 60) most of the time.... noidea
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Has anybody actually sight-fished Squaw before? - 11/08/16 08:32 PM

I don't know about squaw but on other lakes the pressure will push them deeper plus the majority spawn just out of sight.
Posted By: stetson

Re: Has anybody actually sight-fished Squaw before? - 11/08/16 08:38 PM

in March I've sight fished some good ones in lollar and the river and pass on 2-3s while looking and I mean they are locked on hard, besides those two places it's tough to sight fish anyone else on the lake they are few and far between
Posted By: James Biggs

Yes plenty of sight fish to be caught all winter.
Posted By: James Biggs

2-10'
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Has anybody actually sight-fished Squaw before? - 11/08/16 09:04 PM

Nope,
Ive only seen one fish locked on a bed at squaw. not worth my time looking, I would rather be deep where they are grouped up.
Posted By: TDR2

Re: Has anybody actually sight-fished Squaw before? - 11/08/16 09:08 PM

Clearer the water, the deeper they'll spawn.
Posted By: Hoghunter36

Re: Has anybody actually sight-fished Squaw before? - 11/09/16 01:19 AM

Yes all the time. You have to have a real keen eye and go very slow . They spook off the bed real quick and on squaw they rarely make the tale tale bed.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Has anybody actually sight-fished Squaw before? - 11/09/16 01:20 AM

I ignore spawn completely there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum