Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts Newbie

Posted By: Thisguy3836

Ray Roberts Newbie - 11/04/16 02:01 PM

I am fairly new to North Texas and was wanting to take my dad out to Ray Roberts this weekend. I looked at a map and found a couple of places I like, but I've read on here before there can be some issues with getting up the creeks for those of us that "ain't from around here." I was looking at the indian creek area; can I make it up near the bridge without any issues running off of a Lowrance map? Also, what is the lake like? Is it all timber and soft bottoms or are there some rocky areas. Is it clear enough to fish with a swimbait?
Posted By: WCGunns

Re: Ray Roberts Newbie - 11/04/16 02:11 PM

It has a good mix of timber and rocks. I wouldn't run any of the creeks until you mark a safe trail on your graph and even then you can bust a lower unit up. Swimbaits will work fine.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Ray Roberts Newbie - 11/04/16 02:58 PM

welcome Be safe out there. Take your time. Getting to the mouth of those creeks is the hard part.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Ray Roberts Newbie - 11/04/16 02:59 PM

Where you from?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Ray Roberts Newbie - 11/04/16 03:37 PM

Don't trust any "lanes" north of Wokf until you idle the area first. There is a run up to the second cut in Indian, but after that it gets sketchy to the bridge. Up there, it is a bottomland forest!

Below wolf it opens up a lot and you have the black land prairie. Rocks and boulders are somewhat scattered, but rip-rap is abundant. There are a couple of decent bluff walls down near the dam.
Posted By: propman

Re: Ray Roberts Newbie - 11/04/16 06:36 PM

You can get all the way up to the Indian Creek 922 bridge. I don't know how clear it will be what with the rain this week. Small moving baits were working best when I was last out there.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Ray Roberts Newbie - 11/06/16 01:24 AM

Still pretty clear on the south end of Indian (is that Airplane?). Sand Branch is in turnover. Rain tomorrow...
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Ray Roberts Newbie - 11/06/16 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: David Burton
Still pretty clear on the south end of Indian (is that Airplane?). Sand Branch is in turnover. Rain tomorrow...

No
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum