Texas Fishing Forum

Benbrook help

Posted By: HaulinBass02

Benbrook help - 11/01/16 05:19 PM

I've only been there once in a boat a LONG time ago. I'm wanting to venture out to some other "close" lakes and see if I can't find a couple that are worth visiting often.
I actually did go out there bank fishing a few years ago when it was WAAAAY down so I saw a few places that, when water is up, would be a deep, vertical drop with no cover on it. Is a lot of the lake like that or does it have decent structure and timber?
I know it is a little low, relatively speaking, since it has been fairly full for a while. Where is the best (safe) ramp to launch from and any other pointers would be helpful, thanks!
Posted By: nxt

Re: Benbrook help - 11/01/16 07:11 PM

The lake is little over 4 feet low right now. Dutch Branch marina has about 2 to 3 feet of water, still good to go. Mustang on south end is deep water ramp. Timber, humps, drop offs is your structure. Dam can be good at times. When leaving the marina stay centered or a little to the right, left is a flat, very shallow right now. Fish the the southeast side of lake, not much on west side. You will see the timber, there's a couple of stickups out in 30ftw right now, keep a look out. Hope this helps.
Posted By: HaulinBass02

Re: Benbrook help - 11/04/16 11:42 AM

Thanks for the info NXT. Hopefully I can get out there next weekend and try it out!
Posted By: 89javelin100

Re: Benbrook help - 11/05/16 04:30 AM

caught three today, still a struggle for me
Posted By: GROD

Re: Benbrook help - 11/05/16 08:38 AM

Try Both sides of the old rocky creek marina wind break wall... inside area
of wall is better than the outside, but my dad has been catching some good ones off it.
Posted By: OliverBassin

Re: Benbrook help - 11/05/16 08:58 AM

Went out the early morning. Only got two. Hmm, keep calm and fish on frown
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum